Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Whose death was the hardest on you?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jake Chambers

60 26.55%
  • Eddie Dean

78 34.51%
  • Oy

57 25.22%
  • Sheemi Ruiz

1 0.44%
  • Susan Delgado

20 8.85%
  • Gabriel Deschain

0 0%
  • Randall Flagg

6 2.65%
  • Father Callahan

4 1.77%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Have you cried during the quest? ***END OF SERIES Spoilers***

John F. Kennedy KatetOfNineteen will become famous soon enough KatetOfNineteen's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finished the series and not to downplay Oy's death, but like Jakes death I saw it happening just not exactly knowing what happened. It got to me, but Eddies death tore me apart. When Susannah walks through the Unfound Door into the alternate world with Eddie and Jake I lost it. It made me so happy and sad at the same time.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm the other way around. Oy's death killed me even though we knew it was coming and how. Jake's 2nd(?) death on the street got to more than his final death. "I can taste my own shit" haunted me for quite some time. With Eddie, as much as I loved him, I was more like - Just fucking die already.

Your mileage may vary.

John F. Kennedy KatetOfNineteen will become famous soon enough KatetOfNineteen's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oy's death made me sad, the part that made me cry was when he said "Olan" because he didn't speak much at all after Jake's death. I didn't see Eddie's death coming, and when he was shot, and when he did finally die I cried a lot. Jake's was a tiny bit predictable but still caught me off guard big time. The biggest surprise to me was when Eddie introduced Jake as his kid brother. I fully expected him to say Henry.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yes, and though that last was, as many have noted, in very bad taste, I actually cried here too

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    yes, and though that last was, as many have noted, in very bad taste, I actually cried here too
    I can understand why people didn't like the ending. Only alittle though. I thought it was the only fitting ending to the book. I was glad how it played out for Susannah in the end, and the series ended fitting. I won't say perfect because I wanted some characters to still be there.
    Gamer, Book Worm, Gearhead, Metalhead, Outdoorsman, Artist(I like to think) and one goofy mofo.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

: nods :

my feelings exactly

That's classic King writing. One may dislike something or feel dissatisfied (often heartbroken), and still feel that it's all true.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

That's all part of the story though, it shouldn't have a happy ending and I certainly never expected it too. Heartbroken yes I see it, but realistically the most fitting way to end it. I honestly didn't want the quest to end. I dreaded finishing the book and it took me the better part of a week to read the last 100 or so pages. I will re-read it numerous times, I just wish the element of surprise was still there. I was an still am in such awe of the connections and unforeseeable things happened in all of the books. The suspense killed me.
    Gamer, Book Worm, Gearhead, Metalhead, Outdoorsman, Artist(I like to think) and one goofy mofo.

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Not yet. Only on Book 4 though.

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, I've gotten choked up a couple of times during Book 7. Stupid Book 7.

Traveler Luci is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Happy

I cried when Jake asked Roland about letting him fall again at book 3. I had to stop and cry for some.

I let a tear fall for Benny and for Jake mourning this loss.

Eddie's death of course.

Everytime Jake called Roland "dad" and the burial...

Oh yes... when Jake was not "the boy"

The end but i couldnt cry because my parents were in the same room with me...

I am a cry baby

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
    Not yet. Only on Book 4 though.
    Made me shed a tear or two....

sk

Along the Path of the Beam Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui will become famous soon enough Jacqui's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dunno, I've felt a little weepy at different points in the books. When Oy died, I sobbed quite a bit- but then again I'm a bit of a sucker for non-human character deaths- you should have seen me when Dobby died...

I think overall, it's quite a sad series, I think the whole concept is a little saddening.

Traveler DrHans will become famous soon enough DrHans will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Susan man... Wizard and Glass was epic in my opinion.

Citizen of Gilead AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man, several times. That said, for a guy, I cry easy at books, movies, the occasional commercial

Especially ever since I had kids. Anything emotional involving kids or fatherhood will get me every time.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AstroDad View Post
    Oh man, several times. That said, for a guy, I cry easy at books, movies, the occasional commercial

Especially ever since I had kids. Anything emotional involving kids or fatherhood will get me every time.

I'm the same...

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Traveler PacoTaco is on a distinguished road

I cried at Jake's death, but felt that Roland was rather cold about it.

Traveler RJW is on a distinguished road

Oy's death was the hardest on me because he was the most innocent. He was also the only one not treated with respect by Roland. The SOB was mean to Oy on the final leg of the journey, and he was only there to protect Roland.
    It would have been easier if King had actually written Oy the dog in for us to see, or to say that Oy WOULD join them later, instead of "might". That "might" angered me.

Traveler Mister_Oy will become famous soon enough Mister_Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RJW View Post
    Oy's death was the hardest on me because he was the most innocent. He was also the only one not treated with respect by Roland. The SOB was mean to Oy on the final leg of the journey, and he was only there to protect Roland.
    It would have been easier if King had actually written Oy the dog in for us to see, or to say that Oy WOULD join them later, instead of "might". That "might" angered me.

Yeah similar feelings here. It's like Oy was almost forgotten after Jake's death. You can probably tell I'm a fan of the little critter - but still - he was hardly mentioned in much of the later parts of VII - until he was needed right at the end.

Just finished my 5th reading after quite a few years off. I should know better than read it in a public place. I blubbed again!

Along the Path of the Beam SpyGuy will become famous soon enough SpyGuy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, at several times already mentioned in previous posts. DT7 was the hardest. Had to put the book down several times, couldn't read it all at once.
    Spoiler:
    Susan. Pere. Eddie. Jake. Oy.
    No need to say anything else.

Traveler LankyMcAllister16 will become famous soon enough LankyMcAllister16 will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Fine

I never cried during the series but Oy's death was by far the toughest moment for me. He had a chance to leave with Susannah but he knew he needed to protect Roland and that he would die in the process. Whew. That's some heavy stuff right there.

Along the Path of the Beam Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity will become famous soon enough Eternal Unity's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Susan Delgado.
    A very emotional read.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I cried once when the hardback edition slipped from my grasp and hit me in the nuts!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Traveler HerbziKal has a spectacular aura about HerbziKal has a spectacular aura about HerbziKal's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic

Wizard and Glass man, Wizard and Glass. That books makes me sooo angry, so frustrated, so sad. It is brilliant. I do not really feel anger or hatred in real life, but Rhea and Cordelia really get my gears a' grindin'!
    . .'\ /`. .
    ..._: .-. .-. :_...
    .' '-.(0 ) (o).-' `.
    : _ _ _`~(_)~`_ _ :

: /: ' .-=_ _=-. ` ;\ :
    : ` | |`:-:-.-:-:'| |:' :
    `. `| | | | | |' .'
    ``-------''

I Waited Out the Starkblast in Gook

Gunslinger Apprentice Lord_Vertigo has a spectacular aura about Lord_Vertigo has a spectacular aura about

Eddie's death did it for me: partly because it came first, and signaled a real end of things. With Eddie gone, no one was safe and the ka-tet was bound to fall apart further. Oy's was really hard to take as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24