Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cell with John Cusack

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Cell on hold...again

Cell on hold...again

Eli Roth told Comic Con that his adaptation of Cell is on hold:Eli Roth told Comic Con that his adaptation of Stephen King’s “The Cell” is on hold. Hollywood’s golden horror boy has said that the ...

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I had no idea there would be a comic adaptation but it sucks its on hold. I will sure pick it up
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Eli Roth is directing it?.......

dotdotdotdotdotdotdotdot

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I would honestly like to know why every King book HAS to be made into a movie by some folk?? I LOVE Cell, as I LOVE Dreamcatcher and I'm afraid they'll pull a Dreamcatcher on us with it. The ending made me want to lay waste to a nation, blacken the land for thousands of years...wait...where have I heard of something like that before?
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

The ending of Cell already makes me want to do that, and line 19 babies up in a row and punch them all in the mouth. So, I can't imagine that Hollywood changes could bother me much more. haha.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Yeah a lot of folk didn't like the ending to Cell. I thought it was awesome.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was purely King. Sure, I wanted more but I always said

Spoiler:
    might as well have a gun nearby for the boy if that plan didn't work

Yeah, the part at the end where the giant pink bunny rabbit hops through that window and bites the main characters head off is awfully disturbing.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

You have a special edition of all the books don't you Matthew?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    You have a special edition of all the books don't you Matthew?
    Me and King have a special arrangment you could say...

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ug Eli Roth is directing it? That Cabin Fever movie was horrible.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Not Eli AAAAAAAAARRRGGGH

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=OchrisO;25401]The ending of Cell ...QUOTE]

What ending?...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the ending of Cell was great...I don't always feel the need for closure and/or sentimentality at the end of a story. The setting and happenings in Cell were all about uncertainty, I thought the ending carried on that theme.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here, and the weird part is that I usually do need closure (which is why I loved HP so much) but in this case, it really fit for me.

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I thought the ending of Cell was great...I don't always feel the need for closure and/or sentimentality at the end of a story. The setting and happenings in Cell were all about uncertainty, I thought the ending carried on that theme.
    I don't need sentimentality, but

Spoiler:
    the kid should have at least woke up and ate the dad's face off or something.....
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    You're perceptive and wise. You know, because I felt the same way.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm with Chris on this one. I was hoping for that too.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    I don't need sentimentality, but

Spoiler:
    the kid should have at least woke up and ate the dad's face off or something.....
    Aha! thing is though...
    Spoiler:
    I actually thought what probably happened next was that it worked, but his son would be like a toddler mentally (what with the supposed reboot) so he'd have to start his life over in a way - plus also the dad would then be getting his wish but in the "bad fairy tale" sense where he got his little boy back and then some!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

OOH, kind of similar to Pet Sematary where
    Spoiler:
    the dad burys the boy but he doesn't come back the same.

Weirdness all over.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll admit, I'm a sucker for closure, and thats one of the reasons I didn't like this book. That, and the fact that the Harvard guy is one of the worst villians EVER. Honestly, everytime I read about him, I pictured Dave Chappelle's homeless guy character, with those chaffed lips.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, the Harvard guy wasn't a villain.

Eli Roth is horrible. Cabin Fever had a good premise but a bad movie. Hostel...don't even get me started on those movies. Mindless, mindless movie.

I'd rather have Uwe Boll behind Cell. Well, maybe not that far. But Eli Roth is still really bad. It's no talent hacks like him that makes me want to make good horror movies.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Well, the Harvard guy wasn't a villain.
    Then what was he?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

He was the vessel of the collective conciousness (hive mentality) the phonies chose to relay messages to Clay and Co. It's not as if he was an individual bent on their destruction. Not like the Borg Queen whom (not too knowledgeable on star trek) whom is apart from her colony.

If Harvard man was working on his own and had his own personality I would agree with you. The phonies were the villain, as a whole, not Harvard man.

Traveler Ledzepplinrules is on a distinguished road Ledzepplinrules's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Cell-Possible Movie

I heard Cell was going to be a movie is this true?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast