Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just watched the finale. Wow, what a finale.
    Just in case everyone hasn't seen the finale yet

I'm feeling dumb right now, but what on earth are you guys referring to with R & L?
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

I'm feeling dumb right now, but what on earth are you guys referring to with R & L?
    It's been long speculated that R (Rhaegar Targaryen) + L (Lyanna Stark) = Jon Snow (A. Targaryen) or The Prince Who Was Promised and that they were actually married so he is the true heir to the Iron Throne.
    So the bigger rumor is, is that they were legitimately married? Therefore, Jon is legally the true heir? Really? This I didn't know or remember or recall.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

It's been long speculated that R (Rhaegar Targaryen) + L (Lyanna Stark) = Jon Snow (A. Targaryen) or The Prince Who Was Promised and that they were actually married so he is the true heir to the Iron Throne.
    So the bigger rumor is, is that they were legitimately married? Therefore, Jon is legally the true heir? Really? This I didn't know or remember or recall.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Incredible finale.

That Tommen scene though:
    Spoiler:

I couldn't believe it. He just peaced out.
    I can't remember exactly, but first episode ever Bran was pushed out a window. Wasn't he pushed from the chest? I state this because what Tommen did was a frontal. Not sure why some article mentioned it was bitter sweat in the same way Bran fell so long ago. Am I wrong?
    Honestly, the Tommen scene is the most subtly shocking scene in show history.

Just to add to the R+L=J.

Jon Snow is essentially the embodiment of the the Song of Ice and Fire many believe. He's from the North (ice) and now it's revealed he also has Targaryen blood (fire). So, Jon Snow is Daenerys Targaryen's nephew. The other thing that we know of the Targaryens is that they have been known to inter marry. This means there could be a super power alliance of Dany and Jon Snow who sit the Throne together.

If this happens, it's a wrap.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks guys.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I thought the same thing with Jon and Dany perhaps marriage thing. You know what though Mike, as soon as Tommen took off his crown, I felt I knew what he was going to do. The shocker for me was the red wedding. This was before I read any books and kind of read the writing on the wall.

And thanks Becca. I knew all that but didn't think that R could have possibly married L to perhaps legitimize J. So know we know Jon's lineage......is he still a bastard then?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought the same thing with Jon and Dany perhaps marriage thing. You know what though Mike, as soon as Tommen took off his crown, I felt I knew what he was going to do. The shocker for me was the red wedding. This was before I read any books and kind of read the writing on the wall.

And thanks Becca. I knew all that but didn't think that R could have possibly married L to perhaps legitimize J. So know we know Jon's lineage......is he still a bastard then?
    To my knowledge, this is still something that is unknown in the books. It's my thinking that at some point we find out that Lyanna and Rhaegar got married in secret.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

To my knowledge, this is still something that is unknown in the books. It's my thinking that at some point we find out that Lyanna and Rhaegar got married in secret.
    It is unknown but if you trust the clue of the Kings guard protecting him, I would say it's probably true. They would have otherwise been protecting Rhaegar, not Lyanna and the baby.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Well we all know the White Walkers ain't gonna win, so I'd venture to say that the finale of next season will feature everyone working together against them until the last season, where it's a free for all.

Walkers on one side, Jon, Dany, Cersei and Jamie, Arya, Sansa, Bran, Bronn, Sand Snakes, Theon, Tyrion, crows, wildlings, dragons, baby ghost demons, wildfire, unsullied, kings guard, dothraki on the other.

Fucking epic.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I've been stewing on the finale for several days now and guys, I hate to say it but I'm just, I don't know, whelmed? The Tower of Joy scene was anti-climatic. I guess I expected more than some shadowy whispers. Things are finally happening, people are moving and shaking and it all feels false to me.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that the Faith portion could have been trimmed down by a few minutes to give other characters a bit more time. I still can't shake the feeling that it was introduced just to give Cersei something to do while the focus for all other characters shifted away from King's Landing.

And in a finale titled THE WINDS OF WINTER, wouldn't it stand to reason that we might get a glimpse of the White Walkers marching ominously toward the White Wall instead of useless Sam having awkward interactions? Ugh. Annoyed as shit.

Other than THAT, though.. it was an OK episode.

Lady Oleanna continues to be one of my favorite characters. She shuts people down with unshakable confidence, it's amazing to watch. Can we just put her in every episode? Thanks.

The Dany - Tyrion heart to heart was a little awkward, yet necessary. Their bond will have to be strong to endure the trials ahead.

And it's clear they didn't quite have a handle on the timelines this season.. how else do you explain Varys being in Dorne, and then riding alongside Dany and Tyrion 20 minutes later?

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly I think the timelines work out it's just that they skipped ahead a bunch. Getting the ships ready would take quite a bit of time not to mention mobilizing all of the armies to get them on board too and setting things up for that dude to rule while she was away. Did you see they built some sort of dragon landing thing on one of those boats? My guess is there was a bunch of prep time (many weeks) that we just didn't see that allowed him plenty of time to get back. Also if you check a map Dorne is much closer to where they are then Kings Landing is.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Its funny but it seems that many "unsullied" watchers thought this was the greatest episode of the series while that seems to not be the case with many book-readers.

I actually really liked the episode despite a few missed opportunities (showing the White Walkers in an episode called The Winds of Winter or having Brienne meet the BWB since she was in the Riverlands.). Little things like Varys jumping around the map seemed weird at first but can be explained so they didn't really bother me. After watching it a second time and enjoying it just as much, I think this episode is at least as good as The Battle of The Bastards. It really set things up for the final battles but it was way more exciting than your usual set-up episodes.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Double-post... my bad.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It was a good decent set up episode, but it had nothing on the sheer spectacle and fun of Battle of the Bastards. By the Gods what an episode.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Anyone think Tyrion could be a Targaryen?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It's a popular theory, yes.

He could potentially be the 3rd head of the Dragon, with the other two being Dany and Jon of course.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

It kind of makes sense doesn't it? Those three characters all had their mothers die when they were birthing them. Sorry I didn't realize it was such a popular theory, I thought I had stumbled onto something interesting and as usual I was just playing catch-up.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

It might also partly explain why he and Tywin had such a toxic relationship; Tywin's wife had a child with another man and Tywin was forced to raise him and live with that painful reminder of infidelity.

I recently watched the first episode again and there's a scene between Jon and Tyrion where Tyrion refers to himself as a bastard like Jon is and says something like all dwarves are bastards in their father's eyes. That's what got me to thinking about it and the more you look at it the more sense it makes.

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Rewatching the show with that theory in mind is really great. All of the times Tywin says "You are no son of mine" might have been very literal. There was also a time when he said "because I cannot prove you aren't mine." I think he is totes Targaryen.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to reject this theory, but I've come around. It seems very plausible at this point.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Spoiler:
    I have it from a reliable source that he is definitely. The scene with him and the dragons was foreshadowing.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Spoiler:
    I have it from a reliable source that he is definitely. The scene with him and the dragons was foreshadowing.
    I noticed that as well, they definitely showed us that for a reason...

So The Mad King is Dany's father, I'm not certain on the timelines but could he also be Tyrion and Jon's father as well?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

From what I am told, John is still Starks' bastard, but Tyrion is The Mad Kings bastard as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast