Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 912 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 412 812 862 902 910 911 912 913 914 922 962 1012 ... LastLast
Results 22,776 to 22,800 of 32423

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. That's still on my want list.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Six Stories!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations; very nice!
    Especially love the remarque!

sk

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic Dameron remarque!

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a lovely birthday weekend. I made a Black Forest cake, and my little boy had his first slice of one of my creations. When he gets a bit older, he will appreciate it even more when he discovers German Kirsch (he already loves cherries). I received a FedEx package from London on Saturday and I thought I would share them with you here as I see others listing their new purchases in this thread (it's my first time posting a new item).

#1 : Bag of Bones - UK Proof (Grey). This is in Fine condition with a tight spine. It appears unread.

Gunslinger Apprentice neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity is a splendid one to behold neo_trinity's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The second proof I received is:
    #2 : Hearts in Atlantis - UK Proof (Light Blue). This is signed by Stephen on the title page. This is also in Fine condition with a very tight spine. It appears unread.

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally, the last proof I received was:
    #3 : Danse Macabre - UK Proof (White). I have been searching for this proof for 18 years now as this book was one of the first I ever read (after The Stand). I really love this book. I only got confirmation a couple of months ago that it existed. I just had a solander case made to protect it as it appears unread and in Fine condition.

I hope you enjoy.
    Gerald

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely beautiful, Gerald and Happy Birthday!

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool proofs!

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

Your solander case is gorgeous. Is the link to the maker here on the site?

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Those are simply amazing. The Bag of Bones and Hearts in Atlantis proofs are very scarce (let alone signed) and then you top it off with a proof no one knew existed. Love it.

I used to own a grey BoB proof but I was never able to find the green one (I did have the 'reflective' one). I had a lead on the light blue HIA proof a couple of years ago but the seller never came through.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald, those are some very, very nice proofs. The grey Bag of Bones and the light blue Hearts are really scarce. I've read that the grey Bag of Bones came with the same slipcase as the more common holographic proof (my grey one has it). Do you have any knowledge if this is accurate or not?

I've never seen that white Danse Macabre before. Is there another version of the UK Danse Macabre out there or is this the only one?

John

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting the UK Danse Macabre proof. I think it is safe to say none of us have ever seen one before. Congratulations!

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Gerald, those are some very, very nice proofs. The grey Bag of Bones and the light blue Hearts are really scarce. I've read that the grey Bag of Bones came with the same slipcase as the more common holographic proof (my grey one has it). Do you have any knowledge if this is accurate or not?

I've never seen that white Danse Macabre before. Is there another version of the UK Danse Macabre out there or is this the only one?

John

John
    Hi John,

Yes the grey proof came with the same slipcase as the reflective one. I have another grey proof and it has the same green slipcase as this one does. I don't have a slipcase for the green proof as I believe it was a different size (wider if my memory is correct?).

I have no indication that there is another Danse Macabre proof. The only way there could be was if they wanted to show the correct price of the First Edition. This has a tentative price of GBP 9.95 and the First Edition was GBP 8.95. I am not sure if they would have created a 2nd proof to show this price change, but it's possible.

Gerald

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mkb.redux View Post
    Your solander case is gorgeous. Is the link to the maker here on the site?
    Hi,

I am not sure if the maker is listed here but I use two companies in London for all of my cases.

1. The Chelsea Bindery

2. Sangorski & Sutcliffe

They do beautiful work. They are not inexpensive, but if you are looking for protection of your books so that you can pass it down to your heirs, they will look as good in 50 years as they do today. I have some cases from Sangorski that was made in the early 1950s for some Tolkien books, and you cannot tell the age of it.

Gerald

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

My green proof and the grey one are the same size. I figured that the holographic proof was the first, then the grey (which was combined with the leftover slipcases) and then the green one. Of course, that's just an assumption on my part. I still can't come up with a plausible reason for three different proofs, though.

I read that the light blue Hearts in Atlantis proof was sent to newspapers (about 25 copies done) while the royal blue version was the one distributed generally. My light blue version has some accompanying letters from the publisher. I thought I posted these in my collections thread, but I can't find them. I'll post them there momentarily.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Gerald, those proofs look amazing ! Happy birthday !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

My green proof and the grey one are the same size. I figured that the holographic proof was the first, then the grey (which was combined with the leftover slipcases) and then the green one. Of course, that's just an assumption on my part. I still can't come up with a plausible reason for three different proofs, though.

I read that the light blue Hearts in Atlantis proof was sent to newspapers (about 25 copies done) while the royal blue version was the one distributed generally. My light blue version has some accompanying letters from the publisher. I thought I posted these in my collections thread, but I can't find them. I'll post them there momentarily.

John
    Thank you for the info John. My memory is probably mixed up with the Hearts in Atlantis. The light blue was smaller in size than the royal blue. If your green Bag of Bones proof is the same size then you are correct. Did your green come with a slipcase? I have no idea why 3 were done. The Hearts in Atlantis light blue was told to me that they were for select London newspapers to review the book. The royal blue was for mainstream reviewers and was in larger numbers. I was told 25 as well, but I have no written confirmation.

Gerald

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Congratulations Gerald, those proofs look amazing ! Happy birthday !
    Thank you Herbert. It was a great cake (if I do say so myself) and as we are in monsoon season, the Heavens opened up and rewarded us with a torrent of water.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by neo_trinity View Post

John
    Thank you for the info John. My memory is probably mixed up with the Hearts in Atlantis. The light blue was smaller in size than the royal blue. If your green Bag of Bones proof is the same size then you are correct. Did your green come with a slipcase? I have no idea why 3 were done. The Hearts in Atlantis light blue was told to me that they were for select London newspapers to review the book. The royal blue was for mainstream reviewers and was in larger numbers. I was told 25 as well, but I have no written confirmation.

Gerald
    My green one did not come with a slipcase. Which, of course, means nothing. I've found one reference that says the green one came with a slipcase:

http://www.redeem.freeserve.co.uk/Ki...BagOfBones.htm

I don't know how valid this is, however.

John

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Gerald, you're a magician! Making these rare proofs appear like that. Happy to see the Danse Macabre came through and it's safe to say no one here has ever seen a copy of that one. Congratulations on these new acquisitions and Happy Birthday! Now I'm going to try and lift my jaw up from the floor.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

John
    It's funny but I had the order just the opposite in my mind. I have no definite proof but I have mine shelved with green first, then grey and lastly the "holographic." I don't know why though.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I think Mike Pasiuk posted a photo once of the green proof with an invitation letter for a release or press event. That led me to believe that the green one was a gift for the attendees of the event. The grey one seems like an early proof issued before or simultaneously with the green one and the reflective one is more like an ARC.

All speculation, of course.

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

GREAT PROOFS CONGRATS!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 912 of 1297 FirstFirst ... 412 812 862 902 910 911 912 913 914 922 962 1012 ... LastLast