Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2618

Thread: Other authors you collect

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

That's the place. I thought Kraus was the artist. Shows what I know.

Del Toro was supposed to do a signing at Forbidden Planet but he cancelled due to a family emergency.

I'm still looking for a signed trade of The Night Eternal to complete the set.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post

Del Toro was supposed to do a signing at Forbidden Planet but he cancelled due to a family emergency.

I need one of those too.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Apprentice ym2000 will become famous soon enough ym2000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:
    Savage Tales Of Solomon Kane - leather

SubPress:
    Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Letter V ( will trade for PC +cash)
    Neal Stephenson’ Cryptomonicon and Zodiac - Letter O

My Book Collection

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

I need one of those too.
    Del Toro is notoriously bad at signing anything. I know LRB struggles to publish anything of his because he takes forever to sign anything.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thomas Ligotti's Songs and Grimscribe kindle is marked down to $1.78. Recommend for fans of dense, atmospheric horror: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TY...2274187&sr=8-1

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ligotti is a master...

Country
    Country Flag

Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan.
    Lettered Edition.
    Im not sure how many people here are fans of Morgan's writing. Cyberpunk noir genre with lots of violence and sex along with raising philosophical issues related to self and consciousness about oneself and one's body, or about the evolution of morality when you are technically immortal...
    I could not put it down.

Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Sounds like an interesting book, and that's a nice lettered edition!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ym2000 View Post
    Lettered Edition.
    Im not sure how many people here are fans of Morgan's writing. Cyberpunk noir genre with lots of violence and sex along with raising philosophical issues related to self and consciousness about oneself and one's body, or about the evolution of morality when you are technically immortal...
    I could not put it down.
    HUGE congrats on finding this!!! I know you've been looking for awhile and this is a big get. Glad to see that it's a beautiful book

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Congratulations, Yegor. A beautiful volume.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    An upcoming new limited edition of FRANKENSTEIN, based on Mary Shelley's manuscript
    Limited edition of 1000 copies, that will include an intro from Maxime Chattam a french best selling author of thriller/horror books
    >>> https://www.spbooks.com/en/75-franke...095457459.html

$263 with free shipping in Europe & North America

It's a bit of money, but i am very tempted because I collect the french author's essays......

Regarding the intro :

Mary Shelley's manuscript, published for the first time with its original handwritten notebooks, shows her efforts to humanise the monster from a 'creature' into a living, feeling, being. @ChattamMaxime explains:
    >>> https://unbound.com/boundless/2018/04/05/frankenstein/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An upcoming new limited edition of FRANKENSTEIN, based on Mary Shelley's manuscript
    Limited edition of 1000 copies, that will include an intro from Maxime Chattam a french best selling author of thriller/horror books

It's a bit of money, but i am very tempted because I collect the french author's essays......

Regarding the intro :

Mary Shelley's manuscript, published for the first time with its original handwritten notebooks, shows her efforts to humanise the monster from a 'creature' into a living, feeling, being. @ChattamMaxime explains:
    I got a copy of this and Gatsby, very impressed and happy with it. So neat to read a manuscript copy with inline edits, strikeouts, additions, etc.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I could not agree more, amazing story.
    This will be one of my top five for a very long time.

Lettered Edition.
    I could not put it down.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TravelinJack View Post

Regarding the intro :

I got a copy of this and Gatsby, very impressed and happy with it. So neat to read a manuscript copy with inline edits, strikeouts, additions, etc.
    Did you already recieve the FRANKENSTEIN book?
    Is it already available?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have both Frankenstein and Gatsby, yes. Frankenstein came last week.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Richard Christian Matheson - Zoopraxis
    signed limited traycased lettered I

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you! Josh is this you??

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Lettered Edition.
    I could not put it down.
    HUGE congrats on finding this!!! I know you've been looking for awhile and this is a big get. Glad to see that it's a beautiful book
    Looking To Buy:

Wandering Star:

SubPress:

My Book Collection

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank you! Josh is this you??

Nope, sorry! My name is Tim and I am relatively new, I just remembered that you had posted several times in the last 6 months that you were looking for this and I know it's not a cheap book or easy to find

It stuck in my head because it's hard to find pictures online of a lot of Sub Press Lettered editions, and this was one that I wanted to see!

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Stockerlone: Very nice! A plain ol' numbered of that one has been on my Want List since before its publication, but the only one that shows up on eBay is the same ol' overpriced $99 on that gets relisted over and over and over and over... I might just break down and get it from Gauntlet...last I checked, they still had some available.

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean announced they're publishing the limited of Sea of Rust. I loved that book but I feel lately their editions have been getting more and more streamlined while the price has been going up. There's no mention of any illustrations and the book doesn't come with the slipcase. $80 for just that seems a bit steep IMO.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean announced they're publishing the limited of Sea of Rust. I loved that book but I feel lately their editions have been getting more and more streamlined while the price has been going up. There's no mention of any illustrations and the book doesn't come with the slipcase. $80 for just that seems a bit steep IMO.
    I've been thinking the same. I miss the old school SP editions that are super nice.

Country
    Country Flag

Oooooooh - I'm curious! What did they used to do that has changed?

All of my Sub Press editions are from 2014 or later and they all fit the same theme: cloth-bound, nicer paper, good endpapers (but nothing marbled or too fancy) and new DJ art. Very few have any extras beyond that. I still buy the books they put out by authors I like but I don't really try anything new from them. I avoid the lettered editions because the same book but bound in cheap leather and in a traycase is just not appealing. They all still seem to sell out, though... Every once in awhile they go all out on a lettered and the result is really magnificent, but that is pretty rare and often the only indication that they are doing anything special is the higher price tag.

My favorite press, Centipede Press, also started going "mainstream" a couple of years ago. I liked how they did printed cloth covers but Jerad has switched to dustjackets (which he says have improved his numbers pretty significantly, for what it's worth). However, he still does books without dustjackets and with different design choices, and the books always have extras: new art, new essays, deleted scenes, collages of all previous cover art, etc., etc.

I'm curious what kind of stuff I missed from Sub Press back in the day. The older books don't seem to pop up too often and I want to know what to keep an eye out for!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

This is the Sub Press DANGEROUS WAYS lettered, which is kind of a different case. I have all of their Vance, Farmer's and all the Ellison's and Bloch's except one each if you want to see any of those.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I loved the curved case. Looks more like a book on the shelf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 ... LastLast