Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 254 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

nah, it will never sell!

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey, I just meant if were adapted for the screen, it would probably be better suited for a series. I'm not over keen on it being adapted for either.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

We got to get the right author for such an undertaking though. I'm thinking Dean Koontz would be perfect.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    Hey, I just meant if were adapted for the screen, it would probably be better suited for a series. I'm not over keen on it being adapted for either.
    Sorry! I try to never miss an opportunity to bash the idea of a dt movie. I agree it would be better suited to a series though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    We got to get the right author for such an undertaking though. I'm thinking Dean Koontz would be perfect.
    ...or maybe Stephanie Meyer?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd rather have no movie than an Abrams movie. Besides, isn't King planning on doing some rewrites? They should at least wait until after thats done anyway.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If I did want a movie I think abrahms would have been a damn good person to helm it personally. Of course that's a moot point considering I sincerely hope that all attempts to make a DT movie are eternally cursed. If I won the lottery I'd buy the film options just to guarantee it wasn't made.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    <...>Of course that's a moot point considering I sincerely hope that all attempts to make a DT movie are eternally cursed. If I won the lottery I'd buy the film options just to guarantee it wasn't made.

I remember at .net JohnBlaze, Fruno and bears pledged that if the movie ever was out, we'd go together and loudly comment on all the inevitable absurdities.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd say make room for me, but if I went I'd have to commit seppuku at some point during the opening credits.

If you rescue me

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd say make room for me, but if I went I'd have to commit seppuku at some point during the opening credits.
    You're definitely coming with us. We'll shout to people around: "See what it is doing to him?!!!"

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    You're definitely coming with us. We'll shout to people around: "See what it is doing to him?!!!"
    can we throw popcorn at the screen?

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post

I know you don't like the film or it's main character especially, but I suddenly feel like Alex feels in ACO when he's released and taken in by the writer who's wife was killed....speaking of course of everyone's intents for him.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger Apprentice BeDaN is on a distinguished road BeDaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I gotta agree with a lot of other folks, I'm actually kind of happy to see this announcement. I would really like to see maybe the Marvel team make an animated style series on HBO or one of the other premium cable networks. i'm really a fan of Marvels artwork in the comics.

Traveler Grindslinger is on a distinguished road Grindslinger's Avatar

Come to Sarajevo, come to where the drinking is!
    Country
    Country Flag

Does anybody the remember the Tv-miniseries The Stand? Of course you do, but if the DT series would be done in the same manner, with some awesome actors (and I mean good character actors, not Megan Fox or Shia Leabouf), it would be...let's just say it would mean the world to any DT lover.

Clive Owen as Roland or they just clone Clint Eastwood and wait till he's 30 and ready to shoot

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think John Hamm (Mad Men) would be Roland. He has that stolid, stalwart demeanor down to an art.

Traveler harrysaxon is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I think John Hamm (Mad Men) would be Roland. He has that stolid, stalwart demeanor down to an art.
    He's got the right demeanour, but he's way too good-looking for Roland. I always thought Viggo Mortensen would be terrific. Right age, tall, lean frame, not very good-looking but compelling-looking, light blue eyes. And he's a first-rate actor (cf. A History of Violence, The Road).

(loved the book!)

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A History of Violence! Based on a graphic novel written by John Wagner no less! (Which, I'll admit I haven't read, although I've seen part of the film. What I saw was good if disturbing.)

Being a 2000 AD subscriber I've read some of Wagner's other work though. He (along with artist Carlos Ezquerra) invented that other futuristic gunslinger Judge Dredd* doncha know.

*Not to be confused with the rubbish Stalone movie version.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Being a 2000 AD subscriber I've read some of Wagner's other work though. He (along with artist Carlos Ezquerra) invented that other futuristic gunslinger Judge Dredd* doncha know.

Oh cmon! whats not to love about [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy0zEadRb2E"]YouTube- Judge Dredd - I am the law[/ame]

if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post

Oh cmon! whats not to love about [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy0zEadRb2E"]YouTube- Judge Dredd - I am the law[/ame]

Or alternatively:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6cyDsuNx_U"]YouTube- Judge Dredd - Law[/ame]

That movie is to Judge Dredd fans like Brainslinger and myself what Batman & Robin is to fans of the Dark Knight.

Having said that, I am sooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the new Dredd film that's being made! "From DNA Films, the makers of 28 Days Later-" yep, that's all i need to know!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Abrams Departs Dark Tower
    Writer-director leaves Stephen King adaptation.
    by Chris Tilly, IGN UK

UK, November 11, 2009 - Bad news for fans of Stephen King's Dark Tower series - it seems that J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof are no longer on the project.

Having previously stated that they could start work on a feature around the time that TV series Lost wraps, the pair have now apparently had a change of heart.

Speaking to MTV, Abrams stated "The Dark Tower thing is tricky. It's such an important piece of writing. The truth is that Damon and I are not looking at that right now."

And with projects as large and diverse as Star Trek 2, M:I 4 and the recently announced Micronauts on their collective schedules, it looks like they won't get round to it any time soon.

If that remains the case, who would you like to see take the reins on a Dark Tower feature?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This really is too bad. They would have done it justice, I think, especially if they went with a cable series.

John F. Kennedy sofaki is on a distinguished road sofaki's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I cant say that i am disappointed by hearing this! I'm afraid that the series of Dark Tower wont be treated fairly enough, like many other Stephen King's books

But if it does become a movie (or movies), I would definitely like to see Peter Jackson or Frank Darabont!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Having said that, I am sooooooooooooooooo looking forward to the new Dredd film that's being made! "From DNA Films, the makers of 28 Days Later-" yep, that's all i need to know!
    Yes! Me too. To be fair I didn't hate everything in the film, it just felt rather like a parody of the real thing.... if that makes sense. Stallone actually made Dredd look camp. The cityscape scene at the start was excellent though.

I'm looking forward to this too. (Check out Hammerstein's gun. Familiar?)

Sorry hijacked the thread a bit. I'll shut up about 2000 AD stuff here now.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    If that remains the case, who would you like to see take the reins on a Dark Tower feature?

I think King should let me have the rights. I'll protect it from ever being made like I was protecting a certain rose.

If you rescue me

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Realistically speaking, given the direction the series took in the last three books, I seriously doubt anyone good make a good adaptation that stands on its own without changing a lot of stuff. The inclusion of Patrick Danville alone would probably have a lot of newbies scratching their head and going "WTF"?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

sounds like good news to me. we're now that much further from seeing it bastardized. any time i want to "see" the series, i need only re-read it. my imagination and king's descriptive powers work just fine without needing a jj abrams or peter jackson to make up their own story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 254 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 126 ... LastLast