Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Nineteen and other coincidences...

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Nineteen and other coincidences...

...did you find yourself caught up in DT coincedences once you started reading the books? Nineteen started cropping up everywhere you went? You started to notice alot of places locally with Tower in the title? Or otherwise strange, yet related happenings?

For instance, today is Fete Day in my village, theres loads of stalls selling food, books, crafts etc all up the high street, bands and the like - and for the past couple of years I've had some very bizarre DT/SK experiences at the 2nd hand book stall. The first time it was after reading Drawing of the Three and thinking that I ought to read the Richard Adams book Shardick. Someone also suggested reading Eyes of the Dragon, so I was on the lookout for both. Get to the stall and the first book I lay my eyes on is Shardick - pick it up to read the back cover and EotD was right underneath it!

Today it happened again - I've been discussing Desperation and Regulators on the forum here, and what are the first two books I spot today?...Freaky!

Has it happened to you?

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

Ya know, I haven't noticed that about DT but I will keep an eye out. Oddly enough however, I have noticed that the eye of Jupiter (BSG) is all over the place.....
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

for me, it seemed 19 was everywhere when i was reading books 5-7 and for a few months following but, not so much anymore.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Where is Patrick? He recently had an experience like this where Stephen King and Dark Tower references started popping up everywhere. Hopefully he'll share.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

No, it hasn't. There are many things around me that make me remember Roland and his ka-tet and the things that happened to them but just because my fantasy and my mind can run far so easily..

Roland would have understood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I had some numbers weirdness not attached to 19 during the last run of books. I think the more we think about something, the more likely it is to happen to us.

Also, I think the fox news satellite is reading my mind.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice sullivan19 is on a distinguished road sullivan19's Avatar

My Mood
    Asleep
    Country
    Country Flag

Today, i noticed for the first time a train that leaves from London Waterloo, heading for Rowlands Castle. It departed at 19:45, 1 + 9 + 4 + 5 = 19.
    It left from platform 8 and had 11 stops. 11 + 8 = 19. I found this rather funny!

Wow! That sounds just like it came out of one of the books heheh.

XIX

NFA JJG 42-95

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sullivan: why the hell do you ever notice such things???

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Where is Patrick? He recently had an experience like this where Stephen King and Dark Tower references started popping up everywhere. Hopefully he'll share.
    Oh yeah...

About a month ago, I spent a day with prospective clients. Part of the day was a company tour. The guy they assigned to give the tour introduced himself: Steve King. There were too many people around to ask him if Steve was short for Steven or Stephen, but you get the idea.

Later this group (sans Steve King) went to dinner. When we ordered, the guy sitting next to me (a regular there) ordered a salad that wasn't on the menu. I didn't hear what it was called, so I just said, "I'll have the same salad he ordered." Apparently he and his friends made up a salad one day and named it after the waiter who was serving them at the time. When the salads were served, the waiter said, "Roland salad." Yep, the waiter was named Roland.

Oh, and the name of the restaurant they chose? Club 19.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

my oldest son was born on 19.9.1999.

oh, and i didn't realize this until many years later, but his first two initials are d.t.

maerlyn's son has the initials d.t., as well, and the t stands for the same thing.
    Last edited by sarajean; 05-31-2007 at 07:49 PM. Reason: to lengthen my post.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did pass by Callahan, FL just as I was explaining Callahan's story to my girlfriend while driving.

Well, I have witnessed this now. Yesterday I was talking with a friend of mine (a reader but not an SK fan) about the beams and their guardians (I am trying to convert her heheh) when I parked the car in front of my bank. Sitting on a steel pole right in front of me at just about eye level was a plastic turtle.

I immediately thought about this thread LOL.

XIX

NFA JJG 42-95

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently Active Users: 19

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

19 was common during my reading of Book VII. But it could be a self-made phenomenon.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Michael Jackson SON-OF-WAYNE is on a distinguished road SON-OF-WAYNE's Avatar

I have had some spooky things happen to me while reading these books.

1. I live in Chicago, the Sears Tower (Dark Tower) you can see it any where in the city, (its masive)

2. I came across a mural by my house, It had a Charlie the choo choo looking train on it, a pink crystal ball, and an old westrn looking store on it, (in my mind it looked like Tooks store frome Wolves of the Calla.) I will take pictures of it and post them.

3. The very day that I was introduced to Mia in the story, I met a girl named Mia, and we started dating a month later.

pretty spooky I think.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Very spooky--I would love to see a pic of that mural SON
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Me too!

XIX

NFA JJG 42-95

Michael Jackson SON-OF-WAYNE is on a distinguished road SON-OF-WAYNE's Avatar

Will do, next time im by my parents.

Eyes Like Silver Dollars Tvmorbid is on a distinguished road Tvmorbid's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not so much coincidence or anything but I find myself looking for 19 in every single Stephen King book I read now, and un-suprisingly there a bloody loads lol. I also look for them in other authors, although ones I find there are conicidence I'm sure. Or are they.....?

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When you're down here with us, you'll float too!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, about the time that I had read the part in The Drak Tower where
    Spoiler:
    Susan throws away Rolands gun
    , my house was broken into and the .45 replica of Rolands gun that I got from my grandfather was stolen. Besides being mad, it shocken me that the gun disappeared in two (places?times?)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tvmorbid View Post
    Not so much coincidence or anything but I find myself looking for 19 in every single Stephen King book I read now, and un-suprisingly there a bloody loads lol. I also look for them in other authors, although ones I find there are conicidence I'm sure. Or are they.....?
    In A Game of Thrones, there are 19 dragon skulls mounted on the wall in the Lannisters (?) castle.

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

My first name has 6 letters, my wife's has 7, our last name has 6.

6+6+7=19

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Between my first and last name, there are 17 letters. My father's name is also Fernando, so that makes me a Jr.

19 Letters.

Goldmember Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin will become famous soon enough Kevin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone has ever watched to the show So You Think You Can Dance right through to the credits...at the very end there is a very large coincidence. I couldnt find an actually screenshot, but trust me when I say that both these logo's appear at the end of the credits at the same time:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast