Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 165 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 4116

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I sent to James in New Zealand for some NZ bubblewrap, because you just can't beat New Zealand bubblewrap, and he threw in a couple of Australian 1st trade paperback editions of THE INSTITUTE, in two different colors. Now I'm wondering if the UK large paperback edition came in different shades as well, as I only have the one color. I now have 15 copies of THE INSTITUTE, only 2 are duplicates. I still need the US and the UK proofs though.

WHOA! I had no idea the Australian trade paperback had that purple variant! That's a nice pickup, indeed.

(I held back on The Institute, only getting the standard UK (Green), Purple WHSmith variant (Green), and the Waterstones edition (Blue).)
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I sent to James in New Zealand for some NZ bubblewrap, because you just can't beat New Zealand bubblewrap, and he threw in a couple of Australian 1st trade paperback editions of THE INSTITUTE, in two different colors. Now I'm wondering if the UK large paperback edition came in different shades as well, as I only have the one color. I now have 15 copies of THE INSTITUTE, only 2 are duplicates. I still need the US and the UK proofs though.

WHOA! I had no idea the Australian trade paperback had that purple variant! That's a nice pickup, indeed.

(I held back on The Institute, only getting the standard UK (Green), Purple WHSmith variant (Green), and the Waterstones edition (Blue).)
    I didn't know Australia had that purple variant, either? I've not seen it in my travels... cool

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Those Australians sure know how to party, almost as much as the New Zealanders do.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I got another batch of Underwood/Miller King and Vance and a couple of Bloch items today, including this button I guess was made for FEAR ITSELF, which I did not have:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

I also got this glossy poster, suitable for hanging if I had any wall space left:

Here are some spare signed sheets by Robert Bloch and Jack Vance (I have a LOT of them by Vance), and an original note from Vance. I also have some copies of letters from Vance that would be of interest to Vance collectors only which I will not post here.

Gunslinger Apprentice Rooster will become famous soon enough

I wonder if the 1/11 TSCHAI leatherbound lettered was a draft that never came to light since it signifies the "series" instead of the first book (or doesn't signify anything, as IIRC City of the Chasch numbered signature page does not say in text that it is Chasch)? Unless the lettered was an omnibus?

Either way, fantastic find. This is the first concrete reference I've seen to that book. I think I've only ever seen it on Mike Berro's list of limited editions, but I've never seen or heard or sniffed its actual existence anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I wonder if the 1/11 TSCHAI leatherbound lettered was a draft that never came to light since it signifies the "series" instead of the first book (or doesn't signify anything, as IIRC City of the Chasch numbered signature page does not say in text that it is Chasch)? Unless the lettered was an omnibus?

Either way, fantastic find. This is the first concrete reference I've seen to that book. I think I've only ever seen it on Mike Berro's list of limited editions, but I've never seen or heard or sniffed its actual existence anywhere.
    I did not even realize that until you pointed it out!
    I have a complete (I hope) list of Vance lettered U/M editions somewhere. I have to find it now. I do not have any of the 11 copy editions, but I wish I did!

More King and Vance stuff; flyers, Lyonesse map, mint unused dust jackets, etc. I have three of the FEAST OF FEAR dust jacket cut-outs (or whatever they are), measuring 6 1/2" X 9 1/2". If anyone wants one really bad to frame or something, let me know and it's yours for free.

Finally, not sure what you call it, the negative used for the dust jacket I guess:

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That's a very nice copy of the NEL paperback of Desperation. Hard to find in that kind of condition anymore.

(Sorry, I know that wasn't the point of the pic, but it caught my eye).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    That's a very nice copy of the NEL paperback of Desperation. Hard to find in that kind of condition anymore.

(Sorry, I know that wasn't the point of the pic, but it caught my eye).

HBJ
    Thanks. I used to get all of my UK books from Kenneth F. Slater, may he rest in peace. I still have all the correspondence from him, and his invoices were so complicated I'm still not sure if I owed him money or vice versa.

Today my brother and I went to see a lousy movie called BIRDS OF PREY. We were the only two dummies in the E-Max Theater. I give it a 1 out of 10 and he liked it a little better.
    When I got home there was this really nifty German excerpt from FINDERS KEEPERS in my mailbox from Frank. I really like this thing! The darn glare hides some of the fishies.
    After the movie we stopped at Best Buy and I picked up Doctor Sleep. They had one Blu-Ray left!
    I also got the Suntup broadside and the two Peter Watts books, BLINDSIGHT and ECHOPRAXIA, from Centipede Press. Lousy pictures, but I'm not taking the shrinkwrap off until I read them. #208 of 300 signed copies.
    I also got a pink slip for a signature. I'm guessing it's for the lettered SCREAMPLAYS, which I hope the mail lady brings tomorrow.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice art work on the Watts books
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice Jack Vance stuff !!!

Great that the Mind Control arrived safely !!

Thanks Garrell!
    Thanks Frank!

I made my mail lady work out today by carrying boxes to my porch.
    First, this red leather library edition of CUJO (my 1175th King book), which appears to have never been opened, along with some "V" movies.
    Again, sorry about the lousy picture, one of these days I will buy a new camera!

After a slight delay from the publisher, my lettered edition of SCREAMPLAYS has arrived:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice production. I have a copy, not lettered, that is huge!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

You are right, Brian, it is a big, heavy book!

Rogier is selling part of his magnificent Dark Tower collection, and I was privileged to be able to purchase eight books from him. The ones that excite me the most are these three Hodder embargoed proofs. THE DARK TOWER is numbered (xx of 100), and SOS came with a publisher's letter!

These (with the other 5) increases my King book count to 1183

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow all nice stuff!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Thanks Garrell, I have a few more pictures to take yet!

Two more books from Rogier, 1st printings of paperbacks I did not have, which seem to have been released before the US paperbacks of the same titles, therefore filling in two more gaps in my collection.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see that bubble wrap arrived Steve 😁👍

Yes, Sir, me too!

Filled another gap in my UK WIZARD AND GLASS collection with this Australian Export Edition from Rogier, but there was no room for it so it had to go on top.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You had me at Lara Congrats on the adds!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 116 of 165 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 ... LastLast