Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, I just got caught up on the last several pages of this thread.

Commenting on a few things I've had in my mind lately:

HBO just released a list of all the new characters they are going to cast for Season 3 and the Reed siblings are in. Also in is The Blackfish which
    Spoiler:
    has a lot of people thinking that this is a sign that he will be important later in the books because he wasn't included in season 1 and in all honesty he could probably be written out of the whole series, unless he comes back later

I'm loving the actress playing Ygritte. I think she's nailing it.

The Battle of Blackwater Bay was fucking epic. The Rains of Castamere being played at the end? Badass. I loved that GRRM wrote the episode and especially liked how he got Cersei back into character. Like Feev mentioned earlier, I've had some issues with how sympathetic they were trying to make her seem and it was nice to see her get back to her book-roots.

Stannis? First off the boats, first on the battlefield, first to scale the walls, last to leave the fighting. Loved it. He really would make a good king.

In the past few episodes, I've literally gotten chills when Roose Bolton has mentioned his "Bastard back in the Dreadfort". And they are currently casting Ramsay Snow. *shudder*

Jaqen = HAWT.

I can't wait for The House of the Undying in next week's episode.
    Spoiler:
    Burn baby burn
    I also really hope we see
    Spoiler:
    Rhaegar

Oh, one other book thing relating to the show that I've been wondering:

Spoiler:
    If R+L = J is true, which I really don't see how it isn't unless GRRM is pulling a huge surprise on us, how is the show going to introduce it? They left out all the "Promise me, Ned" flashbacks out of Season 1. I guess they could somehow show the Tower of Joy at some point, but I don't know.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know! Every time he says "my bastard could..." I'm all "NO DON'T DO IT ROBB!"

As for the
    Spoiler:
    R+L=J, I think they'll just half-assedly throw it in somewhere later.
    They'll find a way around it, like in HP7 when
    Spoiler:
    they made Harry "feel" the horcruxes instead of doing all the awesome flashbacks (I'm still upset about that).

I'm loving the actress playing Ygritte because she is completely different from who she plays in Downton Abbey. The girl has range! I could see her being a new favorite of mine if she keeps doing shows aired in the US.

As for Jaqen... this made me LOL.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been looking forward to the House of the Undying all season long. It is one of my favorite bits of the entire series. Has anyone listened to the soundtrack for that scene yet ? It's creepy as hell !

And yes, the battle of Kings Landing was so fucking amazing. I almost creamed myself when Bronn released the arrow and you see it cooly landing at it's destination, and the subsequent engulfing of the ships in wildfire. Very, very well done.

Also, kind of book spoilersh I guess?
    Spoiler:
    Does the Hound tell Joffrey and the rest off the way it happened on the show? I can't remember.

Also, LAUGH OUT LOUD at Joffrey running away like a little bitch.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Like a bitch? Joffrey *IS* a bitch. >_>
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

REALLY!? NO DISCUSSION ON LAST NIGHT'S AMAZING SF !?!?

First of all - LOVED the House of the Undying segment. The ice capped iron throne was a nice touch. The scene with dream Khal helped us appreciate how far Dany has come both literally and figuretively. She's not the pathetic, helpless child she was when we first met her.

The scene with Tyrion and Shae was great. It felt like Tyrion was steeling himself up for Shae's betrayal, so seeing him let loose those cathartic tears once she decided to stay with him was very moving, thanks in large part to Peter Dinklage's amazing acting skills. I also loved his confession of the addiction to the game that almost killed him.

Valar Morghulis! I was waiting for the eventual face change and the show handled it perfectly. Obviously those of us who/ve read the books knew it was coming, but I know it had it's intended shock value because my brothers - whom haven't read the novels - both let out a "WTF!?" after the face shift. Very cool.

Let's see, what else ... OH YEAH THE MOTHERFUCKING AWESOME WHITE WALKERS. I've been reading a few complaints online about the CGI, but it looked fine to me. It was an impressive sight, seeing the legion of them trudging along towards the horizon.

Gaaaaah, the wait for season 3 is going to be excruciating !

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Also, I seriously LOL'D after Theon's war prepping speech was cut short

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

As great as seeing the snow covered Iron Throne was and I really loved the scene with Drogo and Dany, the whole House of the Undying was anticlimactic. There was so much more that could have been done. Theon's speech was the shit then BONK! Annabeth commented "I think I heard Theon say he was going to kill the Batman." The White Walkers were amazing. I didn't think there'd be an entire horde of them...the battle at the Fist is going to be epic. I can live with Tyrion's scar, it will suffice though it is more badassed sexy than hideous. Seeing Winterfell in smoking ruins was sad.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

It wasn't cut short at all, the dude let him finish. In his words, "It was a fine speech, I didn't want to interrupt."

I myself thought the ending of the House of the Undying part was very anticlimactic. It was over too easy.

As you can tell by my av/sig combo, I loved the Khal Drogo part. It's sad that it can't be true.

The snow on the Iron Throne part was cool. But they didn't give any clues about Jon from our theory. I'mma have to go back and do another reread, because didn't she see a Rhaegar and Lyanna scene in the books?
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that was something I was discussing with Bethany yesterday, the foreshadowing of

Spoiler:
    Jon's possible Targaryen-es-ness.

I'm guessing they're going to provide that clue somewhere, or omit it altogether ? I'm not sure.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I know she saw Rhaegar and someone with a baby, but I thought it was his wife. I am very curious as to how Jon's parentage is going to be handled on the show.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What a great season finale! I agree that there could have been more to the House of the Undying, like I wanted to see the dragons light the whole motherfucking place up and then see Dany walking out of there with them and it blazing behind her. But I understand that this is a TV show and there is a budget. However, it was pretty badass when they were shooting fire behind her.

Oh man! The Jaime/Brienne scene. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for one of the Stark men to recognize Jaime. And Brienne's "two slow deaths" line. Wow.

The white walkers were amazing, like Feev, I saw no issues with the CGI. I thought it looked just fine.

In the Winterfell scene, it was amazing how quickly I went from laughing to crying in regards to Theon's speech straight to Maester Luwin getting stabbed. That was such an emotional scene in the Godswood and I was still teared up when they were leaving and you could see Winterfell smouldering in the background.

Speaking of crying, ugh. The Dany/Drogo scene. They have such great chemistry together. As a friend of mine pointed out on my facebook,
    Spoiler:
    It was interesting that the baby had black hair. My friend thinks they did this on purpose for later when it's explained why Jon doesn't have the Targaryen hair.

Also in regards to Jon's parentage, I have no idea how they are going to really start introducing it, but it was obvious after last night's episode that they are throwing clues out. Snow on the Iron Throne? I thought it was pretty blatant. Or I could just be reading too far into it because of everything I know from the books.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually that's a very good point, Erin; I'm sure that the ice on the throne was the producers way of saving time/budget and simultaneously providing us with a clue of things to come, in this case the theory we're discussing.

My Mood
    Breezy

Idk, I didn't think the snow on the throne was too significant. I thought that scene was what may happen if the white walkers win. King's Landing defeated and burned out, abandoned in Winter. Then again, you never know.

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Speaking of crying, ugh. The Dany/Drogo scene. They have such great chemistry together. As a friend of mine pointed out on my facebook,
    Spoiler:
    It was interesting that the baby had black hair. My friend thinks they did this on purpose for later when it's explained why Jon doesn't have the Targaryen hair.

Also in regards to Jon's parentage, I have no idea how they are going to really start introducing it, but it was obvious after last night's episode that they are throwing clues out. Snow on the Iron Throne? I thought it was pretty blatant. Or I could just be reading too far into it because of everything I know from the books.
    Also
    Spoiler:
    I'm pretty sure that somewhere in the books they say that the Starks have strong coloring, but then since most of Ned's kids got the Tully coloring, IDK. lol

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh good point, Bruno. That could totally be it. Like I said, I may have read too far into it because of the theory or they really could have been aiming that way. It's going to be so much fun to see how all this turns out!

My Mood
    Breezy

I only mention it to show how
    Spoiler:
    Lyanna's genes could have overpowered Targ genes to give Jon his coloring.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

The young dragons were cute as always. It seems like in this episode that they were given their own little mannerisms. The climax to Theon's occupation of Winterfell was well done, as were the white walkers. The best effects, imo, were on the long-haired walker's horse.

My Mood
    Breezy

Can't wait to see the dragons next season, Astapor!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Angelic

The blonde hair and lilac eyes would both be recessive genes and any darker color would dominate them.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup - loved it! It was an amazing episode to follow from last weeks epic show/battle. It has set up season three just perfectly if you ask me.

This was posted above, and I laughed so much it needs to be posted again

My Mood
    Angelic

A man will not be mocked.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Sucks that we wont see him anymore. That was just the face he wore up till now, he said that disguise/person was dead. The Dude under the mask was an ugly MO FO. The faceless???

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw last episode...am waiting for more....arrrrrrrrr.....but on a lighter note here is something for ya!

Does whatever a spiderman does.

My Mood
    Breezy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast