Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 571 1071 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 32427

Thread: Your New Pride and Joy!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to John, now I'm the proud owner of one of the promo glass balls of The Mist! It's really cool!!

And thanks to Jerome, now I own a first editions of one of the best books I've ever read: IT, and a first edition of one I really enjoyed (unlike a lot of people who didn't like it too much): Tommyknockers.

THANK YOU TO BOTH!!!!

I also have the limited print of Randall Flagg in The Stand portfolio, signed by Berni Wrightson
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks great, Rusty. Better than John's manila folder, that's for sure.

Congrats, Ari!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Both of those are awesome.
    (from Wales, yes, Ceri, from Wales!)
    Oooo...now, from which part of Wales?
    Ceri-
    Sadly, I do not know, only that part of my heritage on my mother's side comes from Wales. I've never been into that ancester thing.
    But if I had to make an educated guess...Caerphilly, as well as we get on, you could be a relative of mine.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Quote Originally Posted by Calla_Wolf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    Both of those are awesome.
    (from Wales, yes, Ceri, from Wales!)
    Oooo...now, from which part of Wales?
    Ceri-
    Sadly, I do not know, only that part of my heritage on my mother's side comes from Wales. I've never been into that ancester thing.
    But if I had to make an educated guess...Caerphilly, as well as we get on, you could be a relative of mine.
    <<<GRIN>>>
    That would be cool, bro.

If you ever do pinpoint the area or place just let me know and I'll see what my camera and i can gather for you.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    (including my name being used in Her book *D*U*C*K*)
    Whats the story about it? :-)

Could we see pix of your Poppy collec?
    if is the equivalent of Bobs about SK, must be pretty.... woaaaaw!
    Having my name in the book was an ebay auction for charity, I outbid Bev to win, somewhere around 265.00, a bit less than the similar King auction .

I will get some pics up soon, I have most lettereds (I don't have any King lettereds) proofs (the only King proof I have belonged to Poppy), 11 different trade editions with original drawings Poppy did inside, the empty bottle of chartruese she drank with friends before writing a scene in Lost Souls, a longcoat she wore that she thought of as a characters from Lost Souls (Nothing), a bunch a personal items etc.
    thanks for the explaination :-)

proofs (the only King proof I have belonged to Poppy): which is that SK proof that did belong to Popsy? how do you know it was her?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

namelessnpoor:
    when you paid $22, it was for getting the 6 books printed and bounded? or only bounded?

I would fancy getting one...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

Bob,

Have you ever posted a picture of your first edition Dracula? That would be very cool to see.
    I can later this weekend if you are interested. Most are disappointed when they see it. It's really not very impressive looking. The American edition, which came two years later in 1899, is much better looking. I'll take photos of both.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bob-
    That would be great! Don't judge a book by its cover, or so some people say. LOL

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been on a bit of a spending spree lately, here are my latest editions :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=016

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=017

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN:IT&ih=009

I've really wanted the S/L DTIV for a long time and couldn't pass up this price from a trusted seller. It doesn't match my V-VII (#101), but it'll fill in nicely until I can upgrade to that one!

So now after this buying spree, I've got to do some sellin' to pay for it (so says my wife)...

Gunslinger Apprentice idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings has a spectacular aura about idlewarnings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on all the new books and purchases everybody. I love seeing pics of what people are bringing home.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Dr. Dawg, those were some GREAT prices! Congratulations!

John

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

S/N Wizard & Glass for $525, that is just awesome Dawg, congrats!!
    Geoff

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, sctop "Dr." Dawg! You got some good deals on some great books.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Not to mention the gift ed Talisman for $125

Excellent !!!

M-O-O-N Chooch is on a distinguished road Chooch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice purchase's...I was watching the DoT good deal for you!!!
    If it weren't for integrity...what would you be? Ka is a wheel.....

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

namelessnpoor:
    when you paid $22, it was for getting the 6 books printed and bounded? or only bounded?

I would fancy getting one...
    That was to have it printed and bound, all i took them was a computer disk copy and they gave me back what you see in the pictures for $22.

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oy-the-brave View Post
    (including my name being used in Her book *D*U*C*K*)
    Whats the story about it? :-)

Could we see pix of your Poppy collec?
    if is the equivalent of Bobs about SK, must be pretty.... woaaaaw!
    Having my name in the book was an ebay auction for charity, I outbid Bev to win, somewhere around 265.00, a bit less than the similar King auction .

I will get some pics up soon, I have most lettereds (I don't have any King lettereds) proofs (the only King proof I have belonged to Poppy), 11 different trade editions with original drawings Poppy did inside, the empty bottle of chartruese she drank with friends before writing a scene in Lost Souls, a longcoat she wore that she thought of as a characters from Lost Souls (Nothing), a bunch a personal items etc.
    thanks for the explaination :-)

proofs (the only King proof I have belonged to Poppy): which is that SK proof that did belong to Popsy? how do you know it was her?
    The proof was Lisey's Story and it came direct from Poppy, she is a big SK fan.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Duma Key Promotional Tennis Ball

Got this little gem today.

Tennis anyone?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, tippy! Those seem fairly scarce.

John

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Here are a few pics of my collection, not as big as it used to be as i have sold quite a bit, but it is more inline with what i want it to be. My likes and tastes. I do have at least one of every book in Firste edition, with a small sprinkling of signed 1sts and S/L books.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    NICE COLLECTION NAMELESS I could see a signed Duma Key fitting well there.....perhaps there is one in your future...... another Haven donation could help that along......

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I see a copy there, right by the gator's tale.

( course I dont know that its signed....could be )

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Mears View Post

Bob,

Have you ever posted a picture of your first edition Dracula? That would be very cool to see.
    Here it is. Published by Archibald Constable in 1897. I think there were 3000 first edition copies done. I'd call this copy VG minus. Not perfect but better than many I have seen. They always seem to have some wear and soiling.

First printings have no advertisements at the rear. Later printings have ads and publisher's catalogs inserted at the rear but are otherwise the same. I think the later printings also used thinner paper so the book is measurably thinner.

Doubleday & McClure published the first US edition two years later in 1897. I think it is a prettier book with some gold gilding on the sun in the illustration on the front board. I'm not sure of the number of copies printed.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Those books are amazing!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 1298 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 571 1071 ... LastLast