Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Artist- Rachel Readman

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Artist- Rachel Readman

Hello everyone,

For those of you that have supported my work in the past and those new to the forum, I wanted to let you all know that I am making changes to my website. Slowly but surely it will come together but please be patient as I get things done.

You can visit my site at any of the following links:

www.rachelreadman.com
    www.rachelreadman.co.uk
    www.blackrookstudios.com
    www.blackrookstudios.co.uk

The Crimson King sculpture is now finished and ready to be cast and moulded but I still have much background work to be done before everything is finalised so it will be a while yet before it is available.

It has been nothing less than a real pleasure working with Michael Whelan to produce the piece and having Michael appraise and put his name to every last detail of the work is an honour I never thought would come my way. The piece has presented it's own challenges which we have had to work through together but I feel that it is a highly accurate 3D representation of Michael's original painting and it has been a labour of love for me! More details as soon as I have them, you will all be the first to know...

There will be more news soon regarding a new oil on canvas painting I am just finishing up, although this one is not related to Stephen King. There will be prints made available as well as the original for sale.

All the best,
    Rachel Readman.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back, Rachel. Although I never purchased any of your work (from the old DarkTower.net), I always admired it!

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome back, Rachel!

For anyone who is interested in seeing more photos of the Constant Reader sculpture, there are a few in my collection thread right here.

Rachel, I am looking forward to seeing the Crimson King sculpture! I love that you had Whelan's input and blessing on it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Taken from the front page of Rachel's site:

Emptiness Digital Giclee Print

Originally produced as a commissioned painting for a long time collector of Stephen King books and memorabilia. Someone who ultimately became a good friend to me. The original painting 'Emptiness' is an acrylic on canvas painting and was purely taken from one simple sentence: "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed". A quote taken from Stephen King's first book 'The Gunslinger' of The Dark Tower series.

in reply...
    Babes - I love you too
    Anyone who doesn't have a copy of "Emptiness" really should consider it. As the proud owner of the original (in fact, this painting is one of the few things I've held on to from my once proud collection), I can tell you it really conveys the solitude of Roland's original quest.
    All the best to you - am delighted, but not surprised, to hear you're working with Michael. He's no fool - he knows real talent when he sees it.
    Maybe Dave could provide you with an outlet via Betts?
    Ceri
    Calla Wolf

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see you around, Rachel!

Can't wait to see and hear more about The Crimson King sculpture!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice to hear from you, Rachel! And like Ari, I can't wait to hear more about CK!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you all and a Merry Christmas!

Hopefully it won't be long and I will be able to give you a sneek peek at the CK sculpture...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Rachel! Welcome back. As Ceri suggested...maybe there is something you could do with me at Betts on the Crimson King sculpture.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Rachel, will you be doing a numbered edition of the CRIMSON KING sculpture? Will we have the opportunity to match the number of our CONSTANT READER sculpture?

Looking forward to seeing the CK in 3D!

Say hi to Mick for us!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry for not answering sooner guys, I haven't been able to log in for some odd reason until today, it now seems to be fixed.

I would love to work with you David but I have nothing in concrete as yet so give it time and I'll let you know as things take shape and we can work something out! I still have a lot to do....

Patrick , yes there will be numbers on all sculptures no matter what finishes are offered and they will be limited to set quantities. I will, as much as possible, match numbers for people where I can but because this may be sold through several retailers I am not entirely sure whether we will be able to, but we'll try and work something out.

Here is something you have all waited a long time for (though it is missing the jesters staff at the moment).

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'll be ordering one of these for sure! Thanks, Rachel, for the update and picture.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope it won't be too long before the Crimson King is ready to make available for sale, I am working at getting it into the finished state as quickly as I can and have to have some more discussion with Michael Whelan about it but I am getting there!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, I'll sell one of the books if necesary, but I'll buy one for sure!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Any idea what the prices will be on these? I missed out on your other sculpture.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, please give us a heads- up on when they will be available & prices....

Thanks Brian....

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I certainly will keep you all informed as soon as I have further information I will post it up here.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone,

The Crimson King sculpture will be going into the moulding and casting stage in the next couple of weeks and hopefully it won't be too long before I am sending the Artist Proofs to Michael Whelan for final approval.

I am just trying to finalise a few of the more difficult elements of the piece and get things into production stage right now.

Hope you are all keeping well and would love to hear from you all as to how you are all doing these days!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Really can't wait to see it!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Any idea what the prices will be on these? I missed out on your other sculpture.
    Brice,

The Constant Reader sculptures are still available in antique silver or antique bronze, anyone interested can find the details on my website:

rachelreadman.com (or .co.uk)
    blackrookstudios.com (or .co.uk)

Ari, you and me both. I am excited to see how it looks when we remove the first moulds and get finished pieces out as the piece really comes to life then. After all the time and effort spent sculpting, it is at this point it finally comes into full fruition and the labour pays off. It is always a surprise how a piece transforms when fired in a kiln or moulded and cast into bronze etc it's like it is your original sculpture but with some sort of final added magic.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Boing....

I am just talking to Michael Whelan right now and finalising a few details on the sculpture then I should be able to move on with everything. I was hoping to get things done sooner but just the way things have panned out.

I'll get there eventually

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to see!!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to it as well!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

This should be great. I've loved the door sculpture and have been jealous of those who owned one. Hopefully I'll be able to pick one up!
    Geoff

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Apologies for the delay

I trust you all had a great holiday, Christmas and wish you a happy New Year.

My humble apologies for the delay and the time it has taken to get this sculpture finished and available.

Thanks to Jerome for your email asking for an update:

Some of you may not be be aware but my husband has been really ill lately with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) and is now bedbound and housebound most of the time as a result. Our finances have taken a large hit also. I have to look after him, work full time and working on my art as well which obviously makes things a challenge to say the least.

The sculpture is finished and ready to go barring one or two small issues that need sorting out. I need to get the bases and packaging manufactured and finish resolving a few small issues with the name/numberplates.

It has been a nightmare due to the economy and a number of businesses closing shop after they had agreed to manufacture things for me so I have had to find alternative companies to get things done. Finding companies that could achieve what I wanted was very difficult in the first place so having to then search again and come up with alternatives has been nothing short of impossible but I am there now I think, so long as there are no more bumps in the road. It is also costing much more than I had first planned or been quoted and due to our personal situation is taking much more time to get the funds together to do everything.

Now hoping to have everything ready within the next 12 weeks and get the final pieces to Michael Whelan for approval ASAP so we can begin advertising and taking orders. I am not able to give absolute guarantees on this though.

I need to update Michael Whelan on everything as well as I have not been in touch or able to give any further news to him for some time.

Also managed to finish a painting of Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse so I'll try to get a picture of that on my web page and here if there is interest?

As soon as the sculpture is done I promise I will update you all here!!

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

Rachel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast