Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Collections: amd013

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Collections: amd013

First off let me apologize for not titling this as "Book Collection: amd013", as I am starting off this thread for posting pics of my Lord of the Ring statues collection, as there was a request from frik to see my LOTR statue collection. So here they are. Note that I do intend to include my books in this thread at a later date, but that later date may not be until after I have moved to Austin (if I move to Austin), so could be as late as November or December 2015 before I get around to it.

So I alluded that I probably had 100 of these statues. Final count was I think 84 (or was it 82) of sideshow weta related LOTR statues or plaques. Only a fraction are on display. So here they are:

Below are 3 pictures of a stack of boxes in my Laundry room (from left to right). None of these statues are on display. Just don't have the room for that many statues/busts.

In addition to LOTR statues, there are also 3 Simpsons statues, and one James Bond Statue/action figure that was thrown in by Sideshow Weta as gifts with some of my orders. (hard to see the James bond, as it is covered by a stack of papers, and other miscellaneous stuff (wrist bands, key chains). There are also 6 statues from New Line Cinema.

Below we have Gandolf and Aragorn diligently guarding my center channel speaker in my TV room.

Below are 8 more statues drinking up all my Liqueur on my wet bar in my basement. Haven't actually used the bar in about a decade now because of them.

Don't tell Merlin1958, but I the pictures in the background is of the Big Red Machine just before completing their sweep of the Yankee's in the 1976 World Series!! (ok, full disclosure, I don't know when the picture was taken, maybe it was before game 7 of the 1975 World Series). It was autographed at an event in 2006. Tony Perez, Johnny Bench, Sparky Anderson, and Joe Morgon included the year of their induction into the HOF. Poor Pete signed with the final total of hits in his career (4,256). Sadly I bought this a day or two after Sparky passed away.

Below are a bunch of statues ready to pounce on visters to my home. The picture is taken from the "loft" upstairs where I have my bookcases. (sorry for the piss-poor quality of this and a few of the other photos)

Finally we have Gandolf and Legolas guarding some of my 1st/1st editions of Stephen King books. (see wasn't it worth while just to get to this picture). Consider this a sneak peek of my collection.

Hope you enjoyed my "other" collection.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Holy Moly... so many statues...

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

That's an amazing collection of statues! Thanks for sharing it.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow... What they run a piece?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Very impressive. I have a few statues myself, and I know how addicting collecting them can be. I can honestly say I've never seen a better LOTR statue collection!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've avoided getting statues--mainly because I really don't have space for them, but your collection is very impressive!

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tolkien cancels the "Big Red Machine", any day. That was an amazing team yet, still not quite the 1998 Yanks.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! I love what you've posted here. I can't believe your LotR statues collection.
    Now don't you wish you could display them? I maybe have around 10 myself - and barely have the room to do them justice.

sk

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    If I recall correctly the MSRP ranged from maybe $35 to $350. I probably bought one third to one half directly from Sideshow Weta. The rest from either ebay or from online collectible stores. I think the most I paid for any of them was the Orthanc tower, which was about $1100 on ebay. I think I bought these in the 2005-2006 time frame. I once had a spreadsheet with all the prices and limitation info on it, but I lost that info when my hard drive crashed, and I am very bad at making backups. If I recall, I think I wasted about $17K total on this stuff.

Here is a link to a site that tracks their values:

http://www.toytracker.net/weta/tracking/weta.html/all

I was trying to collect everything in the "Polystone Figures and Statues", "Polystone Busts", "Collectible Environments", and "Miscellaneous LOTR Collectibles" categories. I see that they have added a few things to the last two categories since I quit collecting them.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Wow! I love what you've posted here. I can't believe your LotR statues collection.
    Now don't you wish you could display them? I maybe have around 10 myself - and barely have the room to do them justice.

sk
    Definitely, I have come up with some ideas where I could display maybe another half dozen or so, but that would probably be a case of moving the ones on the bar to free up that space. I hate seeing them in boxes in a room that others won't see them in. But since I am facing a decision to move, by Oct, I am reluctant to make any changes to the house or its organization.

If I move to Austin, I will take this into consideration in choosing a new house.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Impressive collection! Yeah, Weta makes some nice statues. I have a King Kong one they made from the movie.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Just want to thank everyone on their kind words on the statues.

BTW, just realized I forgot about the paintings. Here are 3 paintings I bought from Sideshow Weta as well. Sorry the quality isn't very good. I have never taken them out of their original packaging (except the shipping boxes which I still have).

Mike
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!
    Are they production paintings from the film?
    Hard to tell, but is that top one by John Howe by any chance?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Sweet!
    Are they production paintings from the film?
    Hard to tell, but is that top one by John Howe by any chance?
    From top to bottom they are:

John Howe's Barad-Dur Giclee and Filmstrip Collectible, Limited to 500, MSRP was $500

The Alan Lee Lithograph and Filmstrip Collectible (Rivendell), Limited to 1000, MSRP was $599

Gandalf on Gwaihir over Helm's Deep by Alan Lee, Limited to 400, MSRP was $600

IIRC, I bought them all directly and paid the MSRP. They have depreciated in value since I bought them. I think if I buy a new home, I will definitely hang them this time.

Mike
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    If I recall correctly the MSRP ranged from maybe $35 to $350. I probably bought one third to one half directly from Sideshow Weta. The rest from either ebay or from online collectible stores. I think the most I paid for any of them was the Orthanc tower, which was about $1100 on ebay. I think I bought these in the 2005-2006 time frame. I once had a spreadsheet with all the prices and limitation info on it, but I lost that info when my hard drive crashed, and I am very bad at making backups. If I recall, I think I wasted about $17K total on this stuff.

Here is a link to a site that tracks their values:

http://www.toytracker.net/weta/tracking/weta.html/all

I was trying to collect everything in the "Polystone Figures and Statues", "Polystone Busts", "Collectible Environments", and "Miscellaneous LOTR Collectibles" categories. I see that they have added a few things to the last two categories since I quit collecting them.
    WOW!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing collection! Love the prints too!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by killjoy72 View Post
    Impressive collection! Yeah, Weta makes some nice statues. I have a King Kong one they made from the movie.
    Is that the one King fighting the V-Rex?? That's my holy Weta grail.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

It is! I bought it at a comic convention for $150. It is HUGE. Weighs about 45-50 lbs!

Traveler pantegana77 is on a distinguished road

Good evening

Did you still have Rivendell litho ?!? Which number is it ?!? Could you give me a quotation for sending it to Italy ?!? Thank you Mattia my e-mail squareheads@libero.it

+ Reply to Thread