Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A new adaptation of The Dead Zone

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default A new adaptation of The Dead Zone

https://www.darkhorizons.com/america...e-get-remakes/
    New adaptations of both Bret Easton Ellis’ “American Psycho” and Stephen King’s “The Dead Zone” novels are in the works according to The InSneider.

Lionsgate is reportedly behind the new ‘Psycho’, which will follow on Mary Harron’s acclaimed 2000 film adaptation starring Christian Bale as 1980s white-collar sociopath and unreliable narrator Patrick Bateman.

The studio is said to be open to a writer updating the story for the modern age and offering their own take on the character.

Also in the works is a new film take on King’s “The Dead Zone” with producer Roy Lee developing this version of the story of Johnny Smith – a teacher who awakens from a coma with the ability to see the past and/or future of people by touching them.

Things take a turn when he touches the hand of senatorial candidate Greg Stilson and sees a future in which Stilson is president and unleashes a nuclear war.

Lee is reportedly still seeking a writer/director with a new take that the studio sparks to. Christopher Walken starred in David Cronenberg’s prior 1983 film take, whilst Anthony Michael Hall led a six-season adaptation for the USA Network.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t think American Psycho needs a new adaptation.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    The book, and even the film are perfect. Leave well enough alone.

Perhaps solicit something completely new and thus original.
    Hackneyed remakes are simply tripe.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    The book, and even the film are perfect. Leave well enough alone.
    Except for the cop out noncommittal ending.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'd really like to see a new adaptation of The Dead Zone.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Depending on who writes it, I shudder to think of the political overtones.🤐
    Sloth Love Chunk

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Oh man, I hope not. I'd like to see the adaptation kept to the novel instead of incorporating any current political stuff.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I would be stunned if they avoided the parallel everyone else has made about it. It's unfortunate how frequently writers miss the obvious value of a self-contained fictional universe (as opposed to winking at the audience with real world connections).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    Oh man, I hope not. I'd like to see the adaptation kept to the novel instead of incorporating any current political stuff.
    ahahahah
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I doubt they'll make it explicit given it's about someone trying to assassinate a politician but the inherent similarities in the source material will already be enough for people to assume it's a riff.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure, after all from what I've seen on twitter people seem to be pretty excited about the upcoming "Civil War" movie
    The trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA4wVhs3HC0

The A24 movies are usually pretty good, but I personally couldn't care less about that one
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My most anticipated movie of the year other than Wicked.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Not sure, after all from what I've seen on twitter people seem to be pretty excited about the upcoming "Civil War" movie
    Yeah but the president in that one seems to be a fairly generic president character not a Trump stand in. What I mean is they probably don’t want to deal with the controversy of ‘guy trying to assassinate Trump’.

Maybe they’ll have a riff on red hats or something but I don’t expect to see Stillson as a fat guy with a bad spray tan and a combover.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Maybe simply putting the novel's Stillson on screen would suffice for some (as it would for me) .

Country
    Country Flag

Even just copying the book verbatim would be enough to draw comparisons.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...as some have been saying, but I'd still like to see what happens if they play it straight.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

They need to remake the audio book. Why hire Franco who has a speech impediment to read an audiobook?

+ Reply to Thread