Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Christine Blu-Ray Limited Edition Pre-sale

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Burnette View Post
    Thanks for letting me know what kind of people populate this form. Good info to have going forward.
    You may choose to hang around. I hope you do. We don't always agree on everything here. Most any discussion forum worth its salt will have intense vigorous discussion.
    As long as there is no violation of our TOS-in particular FAQ 3.A "Members are expected to treat their fellow members with common respect on the boards at all times, even during disagreements. Although adult language is permissible in the forums, it should not be used in an aggressive manner with the intent to cause harm or for the purpose of malicious degradation." members can and should post their opinions.

So far I haven't witnessed any malicious degradation. If you just don't like the community itself then you probably should move along; no sense hanging around people you dislike.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't doubt it.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I used some language that was a bit harsher than the sentiment behind it called for, but here's my bottom line on this, and then I'll say no more on the subject: it's wrong to take advantage of people, and if everyone lived their lives with a sense of personal accountability for their actions, the world might be a better place.

Is that an unrealistic expectation? On the macro level, of course it is; on the micro level, it's a different story.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I used some language that was a bit harsher than the sentiment behind it called for, but here's my bottom line on this, and then I'll say no more on the subject: it's wrong to take advantage of people, and if everyone lived their lives with a sense of personal accountability for their actions, the world might be a better place.

Is that an unrealistic expectation? On the macro level, of course it is; on the micro level, it's a different story.
    Well, there are bigger fish to fry in that area than some KING collectors.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, BB, the kind of people that populate this forum are those people that are able to agree to disagree, the kind of people that have respect for each others opinions (even though they may not always concur with their particular brand of viewpoint), whom understand that others opinions are just kittens that everyone's giving away, the kind of people that choose not bludgeon or belabor a given issue to death, resuscitate it, only to do their level best to kill the motherfucker all over again, that have a deep and abiding love of collecting, that enjoy visiting the forum on a daily basis to engage each other in meaningful (if not always lucid) dialogue, the kind of people that are always willing to bend over backwards to help out their fellow collectors and forum folk, and not solely in terms of the purchase or sale of books or other items (and there are simply too many examples to single out any specific acts of generosity and kindness that occur here on a daily basis), the same people that actively promote and participate in financially benefiting the Haven Foundation each and every year, the kind of people that will happily buy, sell or exchange duplicate items that they may have amongst themselves at fair prices, without rancour (I've had many such exchanges with my fellows here, and not once have I walked away from the deal feeling tainted or soiled or anything but thankful that there exists forums such as this that allow the facilitation of such exchanges).

Yes, BB, now you know what kind of people inhabit this forum, and frankly mate, you cannot honestly expect anything other than some of the responses posted by some of my fellows in reply to your often inflammatory comments - seriously, if you continue to poke and prod a sleeping cat, eventually the furry motherfucker is going to get right royal pissed and do its level best to remove your face.

Essentially, you've actively sought to provoke, ad infinitum, you've singled out individuals for specific criticism - and now you're surprised, disdainful of the forum, of us, because you received the sort of "fuck you" responses that you were seeking in the first place?

Mate, sincerely, step away from your avatar clown, he ain't no friend of yours.
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Yep, BB, the kind of people that populate this forum are those people that are able to agree to disagree, the kind of people that have respect for each others opinions (even though they may not always concur with their particular brand of viewpoint), whom understand that others opinions are just kittens that everyone's giving away, the kind of people that choose not bludgeon or belabor a given issue to death, resuscitate it, only to do their level best to kill the motherfucker all over again, that have a deep and abiding love of collecting, that enjoy visiting the forum on a daily basis to engage each other in meaningful (if not always lucid) dialogue, the kind of people that are always willing to bend over backwards to help out their fellow collectors and forum folk, and not solely in terms of the purchase or sale of books or other items (and there are simply too many examples to single out any specific acts of generosity and kindness that occur here on a daily basis), the same people that actively promote and participate in financially benefiting the Haven Foundation each and every year, the kind of people that will happily buy, sell or exchange duplicate items that they may have amongst themselves at fair prices, without rancour (I've had many such exchanges with my fellows here, and not once have I walked away from the deal feeling tainted or soiled or anything but thankful that there exists forums such as this that allow the facilitation of such exchanges).

Yes, BB, now you know what kind of people inhabit this forum, and frankly mate, you cannot honestly expect anything other than some of the responses posted by some of my fellows in reply to your often inflammatory comments - seriously, if you continue to poke and prod a sleeping cat, eventually the furry motherfucker is going to get right royal pissed and do its level best to remove your face.

Essentially, you've actively sought to provoke, ad infinitum, you've singled out individuals for specific criticism - and now you're surprised, disdainful of the forum, of us, because you received the sort of "fuck you" responses that you were seeking in the first place?

Mate, sincerely, step away from your avatar clown, he ain't no friend of yours.
    Yawn.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

So if you're unhappy here; go then! Or stay and get to know some really good-hearted people. Suit yourself either way.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    So if you're unhappy here; go then!
    Are there other worlds than these? And who said I was unhappy?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok. End of subject. The thread was about the DVD.
    Move along (all of us), and no more derailing.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, there are. I figured I'd leave the reference hanging.

It's just the impression you gave in this thread. I've been wrong before...once or twice.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, I viewed the DVD and the sound was unimpressive. The special effects were good, and the darker scenes deep and detailed.
    Some of the well lit scenes (and it happens in DVD 1080P) look almost like a "video scene"-almost too clear. They resemble test video shots; and are not film-like (word?).

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    BTW, I viewed the DVD and the sound was unimpressive. The special effects were good, and the darker scenes deep and detailed.
    Some of the well lit scenes (and it happens in DVD 1080P) look almost like a "video scene"-almost too clear. They resemble test video shots; and are not film-like (word?).
    Really? That's a shame. I haven't made time to watch the entire thing yet; the sound seemed pretty good on what I sampled, but then again, I've got a very limited system.

Either way, it's a massive upgrade over the edition that was out there before.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Really? That's a shame. I haven't made time to watch the entire thing yet; the sound seemed pretty good on what I sampled, but then again, I've got a very limited system.

I am going to (when time and lighting situations allow) take a few high res pictures of the scenes where it is noticeable. I'll post them here.

Citizen of Gilead killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne will become famous soon enough killbourne's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am going to (when time and lighting situations allow) take a few high res pictures of the scenes where it is noticeable. I'll post them here.
    How does the extras compare to the DVD?

Country
    Country Flag

If I'm not mistaken, they're exactly the same.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn, everybody back to being civil!!! This thread has lost it's appeal!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Just Kidding folks!!! It's just you rarely get to use the FU smiley with out being a dick!! LOL LOL Glad to see that got worked out!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Damn, everybody back to being civil!!! This thread has lost it's appeal!!
    Don't you hate it when that happens?

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally had a chance to watch this last night for the first time in many years.

The audio was about what I would expect from a modest budget movie from 1983. Not a ton of low end, so I didn't get to piss off the neighbors wth this one.
    The film transfer looked really good. There was still plenty of grain, so thankfully they didnt scrub the hell out of it with DNR and sharpening to try and make it look modern and digital. (None of the reviewers have noted if the transfer came from the OCN or not).

Randall, I'll have to rewatch a few of the scenes that you note and see if I notice it. That's normally something I notice pretty quickly.
    Mark Twain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess I'm going to have to get a Blu-Ray machine soon.

John

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John

Me too!!! LOL LOL

It's funny, I owned a successful Telecom Company until 2000, but since I sold it, I have really gotten off the "cutting edge" of technology. Really embraced the whole "Grand-Pa" thing I suppose....
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am waiting for VHS to go high def. Until then my View-Master rocks!!!

Country
    Country Flag

If I'm not mistaken, they're exactly the same.
    Thats what I was wondering about. Thanks!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John
    I usually go with refurbished stuff in that dept. Cheaper, and in my experience just as good as new. Here are some places where you can get a deal on stuff.

http://www.woot.com/

http://slickdeals.net/
    http://www.fatwallet.com/
    http://dealnews.com/index.html

If anyone has anymore of these type of sites..please share. I'm always looking!

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Damn, everybody back to being civil!!! This thread has lost it's appeal!! LOL

Spoiler:
    Just Kidding folks!!! It's just you rarely get to use the FU smiley with out being a dick!! LOL LOL Glad to see that got worked out!!
    C'MON BILL AS PART OF THE OLDER GENERATION SHOW A LITTLE CLASS.
    Spoiler:

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Please hold unique queries until elected?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast