• shotguns

2 13.33%
  • snipers

5 33.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 321 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 8002

Thread: magic > firaga > cast > the video game thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Started Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Been replaying Kingdom Hearts off and on as well. Really looking forward to Resident Evil 2 after the new year.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Finally finished Horizon: Zero Dawn over the weekend. Great story, combat was decent - I just could never bring myself to love the game. Was toying with the idea of buying the Frozen Wilds expansion back, but I think I'm done with that universe for now and ready to move on to something else.

Also, super pumped for Cyberpunk 2077 btw^
    I'm glad you were able to enjoy it, but I'm surprised you didn't end up loving it. I still have to get Frozen Wilds. I'm still making my way through South Park: Fractured But Whole.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just ordered in Final Fantasy X HD Collection. Never finished X and never played X-2 because I didn't care for X.

I'm pretty stoked that I heard Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age is coming to Xbox 1 in 2019. Can't wait to play that.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    In other news, Telltale Games is done. The final season of The Walking Dead won't be completed having only released two episodes. I guess there isn't much point to trying to play Season 3 then.
    D00d, wtf!? I had no idea this was going on! That means I'll never get a Borderlands Season 2

I liked their games generally, but they needed to branch out and try new things. They saturated their own market.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Finally finished Horizon: Zero Dawn over the weekend. Great story, combat was decent - I just could never bring myself to love the game. Was toying with the idea of buying the Frozen Wilds expansion back, but I think I'm done with that universe for now and ready to move on to something else.

Also, super pumped for Cyberpunk 2077 btw^
    I'm glad you were able to enjoy it, but I'm surprised you didn't end up loving it. I still have to get Frozen Wilds. I'm still making my way through South Park: Fractured But Whole.
    On paper the game should have blown me away, but I always felt it was missing... something.

Honestly I think Fallout has ruined side missions for me. Bethesda's NPC-side quest givers are so quirky and memorable, that anything less feels like a downgrade. HZDs quest givers are just general NPCs sending you on fetch quests to deal with other equally less interesting NPCs.

Just ordered in Final Fantasy X HD Collection. Never finished X and never played X-2 because I didn't care for X.

I'm pretty stoked that I heard Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age is coming to Xbox 1 in 2019. Can't wait to play that.
    Final Fantasy X is amazing. Titus gets wayyyy too much hate. Yeah he's whiny and everything, but FFX story is in the top echelon of FF stories.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In other news, Telltale Games is done. The final season of The Walking Dead won't be completed having only released two episodes. I guess there isn't much point to trying to play Season 3 then.
    D00d, wtf!? I had no idea this was going on! That means I'll never get a Borderlands Season 2
    It looks like they are looking for ways to finish putting the last two episodes out. I'm cautiously optimistic we'll see the end of the series. It is definitely worth playing all the way through to these first two episodes of the final season. The Walking Dead series is just a work of art.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It looks like they are looking for ways to finish putting the last two episodes out. I'm cautiously optimistic we'll see the end of the series. It is definitely worth playing all the way through to these first two episodes of the final season. The Walking Dead series is just a work of art.
    I really hope telltale becomes the lynchpin that ends this pre-order obsession. I’m totally on board with using it to tighten up your supply chain logistics, but using it as a gatekeeper to exclusive in-game features as well as using preorder revenue as glorified working capital on your unfinished game is not helping anyone.

I would beg the video game ka-tet on this forum...please don’t preorder games that aren’t finished or don’t have a firm release date. At least don’t do it for episodic games like TT, Hitman etc. for now until developers stop this behavior

Thankee

Country
    Country Flag

Some more details (Episode 2 was on sale for like a day):

https://kotaku.com/telltale-s-the-wa...een-1829329062
    A spokesperson for Telltale provided the following statement to Kotaku on why the game was removed from stores and its future plans regarding episodes 3 and 4:

“Yes, we have removed season passes for The Walking Dead: The Final Season from stores for the time being. We’re currently still working to find a way to hand off production of episodes 3 and 4 so that the season can be completed. The outcome of those efforts will determine when and how The Final Season returns to stores. We hope to have a firm announcement before the end of the week. For now, we apologize for any inconvenience.”
    The last two episodes were scheduled for November 6 and December 18, and achievements for both are available so that means the story is all complete. With only a month to go before the originally scheduled release date for Episode 3, I would imagine it's in a state close to completion. The fourth episode, the series finale, is maybe halfway done or so. Just guessing here. I'm also guessing if Telltale do manage to find a way to release these final two episodes, they'll release both at the same time.

Fingers crossed.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My main issue is Season 3 is only on this gen so I can't play it yet.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post

I really hope telltale becomes the lynchpin that ends this pre-order obsession. I’m totally on board with using it to tighten up your supply chain logistics, but using it as a gatekeeper to exclusive in-game features as well as using preorder revenue as glorified working capital on your unfinished game is not helping anyone.

I would beg the video game ka-tet on this forum...please don’t preorder games that aren’t finished or don’t have a firm release date. At least don’t do it for episodic games like TT, Hitman etc. for now until developers stop this behavior

Thankee
    I'm sure if you look far enough back in this thread you'll see me bitching about how pre-orders are and will ruin this industry. I've been against them since 2011...maybe before. Where else do we pre-order things before they're even made? It's insanity. Why is it acceptable with video games? We don't give Disney money when they announce the date for a movie 4 years down the line. We don't pay for our burger before the cow is slaughtered. We don't pay for a book before it's written. I can see doing a pre-sale in the last few weeks before release (which is how it started, if I remember correctly) to ensure you get a copy. Fine. But now you can pre-order games years in advance. They've built a system where pre-ordering grants incentives, but this also stifles quality control. Before they could simply delay a game 6 months to make sure it's perfect. Now, if you've got 3 million pre-orders, you kind of have to ship out the game on time, and then customers get a broken mess that takes 5 months of patches to make function the way it should've out of the box. I purposely only buy used games a year+ after they've been released so I know they're patched and play how they should.

It's hard to really say Tell-Tales model wasn't reliable. Their stuff came out before with a Season's Pass purchase, on time, and was quality (so far as I heard, I didn't buy live like that). Their company had to literally die for them not to fulfill their obligation. That said...they probably should've have done a Season's Pass option this time around. A little shady. I'm more lenient on Seasons Passes in general. If you know you're playing the whole season or purchasing all the DLC, I see nothing wrong with buying them all when you buy the first one at a discount. At least I'm saving money that way, and not getting some stupid figurine or in game outfit or some stupid crap like that.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Where else do we pre-order things before they're even made?
    I'm assuming you don't collect from small publishers. I received an email from CD today stating they hope a book that should have been done 3 years ago might be done by next year.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I'm most annoyed by all the DLC stuff that's released after the game, which is just chunks of content held back on purpose just to balloon the price. Not to mention all the various cosmetic stuff you can get from only a specific retailer, which is bullcrap. So games can end up costing over $100 easy with all the bells and whistles. It used to be that a game was released and it was complete. There may be patches released down the road or expansion packs, and you'd get a Gold or GOTY edition that collected it all, but the core content was complete and not hobbled.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It’s like you guys are whispering sweet nothings in my ear...so agree with you guys. Mattrick, always thrilled to find another pre-order truther.

And Mae I get annoyed with the DLC too..some obv do it better than others but still. GOTY model only works for 1P games now bc online games have such a short shelf life if you ain’t gta. So we can’t wait for the price to drop or the game to be “done” bc the servers will be wastelands by then

And I have no quotes or proof, but I think this is all pretty much stemming from these cos being reluctant to charge more than $60 for a game bc they think customers will refuse bc of how picky and bitchy they (we) are

At this point I’m more than happy to pay more than 60 one time to get the whole enchilada. Maddening

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post

Thankee
    I'm sure if you look far enough back in this thread you'll see me bitching about how pre-orders are and will ruin this industry. I've been against them since 2011...maybe before. Where else do we pre-order things before they're even made? It's insanity. Why is it acceptable with video games? We don't give Disney money when they announce the date for a movie 4 years down the line. We don't pay for our burger before the cow is slaughtered. We don't pay for a book before it's written. I can see doing a pre-sale in the last few weeks before release (which is how it started, if I remember correctly) to ensure you get a copy. Fine. But now you can pre-order games years in advance. They've built a system where pre-ordering grants incentives, but this also stifles quality control. Before they could simply delay a game 6 months to make sure it's perfect. Now, if you've got 3 million pre-orders, you kind of have to ship out the game on time, and then customers get a broken mess that takes 5 months of patches to make function the way it should've out of the box. I purposely only buy used games a year+ after they've been released so I know they're patched and play how they should.

It's hard to really say Tell-Tales model wasn't reliable. Their stuff came out before with a Season's Pass purchase, on time, and was quality (so far as I heard, I didn't buy live like that). Their company had to literally die for them not to fulfill their obligation. That said...they probably should've have done a Season's Pass option this time around. A little shady. I'm more lenient on Seasons Passes in general. If you know you're playing the whole season or purchasing all the DLC, I see nothing wrong with buying them all when you buy the first one at a discount. At least I'm saving money that way, and not getting some stupid figurine or in game outfit or some stupid crap like that.
    Also I dig TT don’t get me wrong. Apparently both batmans performed terribly but I enjoyed both. And WD season 1 was outstanding...I think TT prob fell more victim to the LEGO syndrome of only selling products with massive licensing fees...which burned their cash on hand...which made time as valuable as capital...which made preorder a life preserver instead of logistical indicator

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dudes, Nioh is fucking dope. Just think Onimusha setting with Dark Souls gameplay.

I lost about an 1hr worth of progress this morning after some samurai shit head knocked me off a cliff and I lost all my XP.

I almost raged quit, but I'm a sadist so I'll go back to it later today.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/games/news...s-walking-dead
    Following last month’s report about Telltale Games attempting to find potential partners to finish their fan-favorite video game The Walking Dead: The Final Season, it appears they’ve found a partner! Skybound Games took to Twitter to officially announce that they have stepped forward and made a deal with Telltale to continue developing the hit game series’ final episodes. The developer promised that more details about the deal will arrived soon.

“We’re SO happy to announce that we’ve reached a deal with @telltalegames that will allow Skybound to continue : The Final Season! Let’s wrap up Clem’s story right! More details to come soon.”

At New York Comic Con, The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman, who is the founder of Skybound Entertainment, also confirmed the announcement. Meanwhile, Variety reports that Skybound is hoping to work with Telltales’ original development team to finish the games’ story.

“We’ve successfully negotiated with Telltale Games for our company Skybound to come in and see Season 4 of the Telltale game to completion,” Kirkman said at New York Comic-Con. “We can’t lose Andrew Lincoln and Clementine in the same year.”

Earlier this year the company launched Skybound Games, the game division of Skybound Entertainment which was founded in 2010 in order to be able to create new content for traditional and new media including television, film, video and digital media.

Telltale Games was a Bay Area-based video game company specializing in narrative adventures. The studio hit prominence with The Walking Dead Season 1 in 2012. The studio has since worked on video games based on Batman, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Minecraft.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I changed my mind. Screw Nioh, I hate it. It's too fucking difficult.

Spoiler:
    No I'm lying I love the punishment. Dammit Nioh why do you treat me like this when I love you so </3

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    http://www.comingsoon.net/games/news...s-walking-dead
    Following last month’s report about Telltale Games attempting to find potential partners to finish their fan-favorite video game The Walking Dead: The Final Season, it appears they’ve found a partner! Skybound Games took to Twitter to officially announce that they have stepped forward and made a deal with Telltale to continue developing the hit game series’ final episodes. The developer promised that more details about the deal will arrived soon.

“We’re SO happy to announce that we’ve reached a deal with @telltalegames that will allow Skybound to continue : The Final Season! Let’s wrap up Clem’s story right! More details to come soon.”

At New York Comic Con, The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman, who is the founder of Skybound Entertainment, also confirmed the announcement. Meanwhile, Variety reports that Skybound is hoping to work with Telltales’ original development team to finish the games’ story.

“We’ve successfully negotiated with Telltale Games for our company Skybound to come in and see Season 4 of the Telltale game to completion,” Kirkman said at New York Comic-Con. “We can’t lose Andrew Lincoln and Clementine in the same year.”

Earlier this year the company launched Skybound Games, the game division of Skybound Entertainment which was founded in 2010 in order to be able to create new content for traditional and new media including television, film, video and digital media.

Telltale Games was a Bay Area-based video game company specializing in narrative adventures. The studio hit prominence with The Walking Dead Season 1 in 2012. The studio has since worked on video games based on Batman, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Minecraft.
    Awesome! I'll wait until all the episodes are out to start it though.

Country
    Country Flag

It's been great so far. I love Clementine. I hope she makes it into the comics and TV.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Assuming she survives

I generally like the Telltale Games, but I think I got burned out on them - Walking Dead, WD spinoffs, Borderlands, Batman, Guardians of the Galaxy etc.,

My only real gripe about their games is that your words carried less consequences as more and more games were released. In their first few games if someone 'Remembered That' it could have story related implications down the road. Now whenever that pops up it's just to receive 1 of 3 different facial expressions.

Traveler GTG will become famous soon enough GTG will become famous soon enough GTG's Avatar

Gears of war 4 at the min. Was Diablo 3 for a while ( best game of its type I ever seen but repetitive in nature )

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

11 moar days til Red Dead Redemption 2

Country
    Country Flag

Sadly, no PC version. But I am playing Assassin's Creed: Origins right now and it's fabulous!

Country
    Country Flag

11 moar days til Red Dead Redemption 2
    I always take longer bc I suck, but how about RDR2 being a 60 hr campaign apparently?

Wow

+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 321 FirstFirst ... 177 227 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 ... LastLast