Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 477 of 567 FirstFirst ... 377 427 467 475 476 477 478 479 487 527 ... LastLast
Results 11,901 to 11,925 of 14170

Thread: Stephen King Collecting Questions

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    What do you guys think....real or fake?

Definitely real.

sk

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the feedback guys....truth be told, I know it is real because King signed the book in front of me.....but it is a bit unconventional, and I wanted to see what members thought about it.

I will post more pictures in the new P&J thread shortly.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the feedback guys.... I wanted to see what members thought about it.
    Terrible signature. He has given up.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys.... I wanted to see what members thought about it.
    Terrible signature. He has given up.
    Well, in his defense, I was holding the book, and he was standing while he signed it.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    What do you guys think....real or fake?

Definitely real.

sk
    Looks great Rick, that was a fun trip, on par for recent signatures, the fact that he signed for all of us was awesome was happy to get my Stand and Shining Proof signed but great pick on your part on choosing the Comic Con Charlie especially with no Beryl Evans signature!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi guys,

Apologies if this question has already been answered. A quick search turned up no results.

Does the absence of glassine paper issued originally with a book (Danse Macabre - S/L, for example) diminish the copy's overall value?

As always, I appreciate the feedback of this community!

-Kev
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by onlylivingboyinny View Post
    Hi guys,

Apologies if this question has already been answered. A quick search turned up no results.

Does the absence of glassine paper issued originally with a book (Danse Macabre - S/L, for example) diminish the copy's overall value?

As always, I appreciate the feedback of this community!

-Kev
    I believe as with any edition that requires a glassline... it does detract some value... yes.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Glassine is easily purchased and cut to size.

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im sure it is a collecting faux pas for purists (of which I am not), but glassine doesn't always age particularly well and there is nothing unique about it, so I have no issue at all with a replacement piece being added to a book which is missing it.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Gunslinger Apprentice onlylivingboyinny is on a distinguished road onlylivingboyinny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, everyone, for the thoughtful replies.

I definitely respect that, for some, the glassine paper was never kept with some of Mr. King's more collectable books post shipping. I see, too, that the paper itself can be easily replaced today. I just wasn't sure if, in the absence of the original paper, some books are sort of viewed as being defective. Seems like this could go either way based on perspective.

-Kev
    "Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known." - Nick Carraway
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald, "The Great Gatsby"

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Unlike other aspects of collectible books, the glassine paper isn't unique. Replacing it isn't really an issue if done well.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Probably been answered, but I have what is probably a stupid question.

I've been looking at member collections. First off, HOLY CRAP there is some really nice stuff out there. OK, on to my question. What is the reasoning for some people using mylar covers where others I have noticed use bags. Is there an advantage either way. I can see where the bag would protect from dust, ect., but wouldn't humidity be a concern? Or, is it a special king of bag? If so, what king is it? I may have a need, eventually Thanks.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I use archival plastic bags for my proofs and for the other items that are appropriate. I do not seal the bags but store them with the open side down, thus keeping the dust to a minimum.

Not a stupid question at all.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I use archival plastic bags for my proofs and for the other items that are appropriate. I do not seal the bags but store them with the open side down, thus keeping the dust to a minimum.

John
    Gotcha. Makes sense. So the traycased Prime Evil would probably be good as is since it's completely covered anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with John, it's not a stupid question at all.

The mylar dustjacket cover protects the dustjacket very well. It provides UV, dust and other physical protection.

The bags primarily offer dust protection. They also offer some other physical protection. Depending on they type of bag it could offer UV protection too.

I have a lot of books with Brodart covers. I also have a lot of books in bags. Not to mention (though I did) the books with both.

If you are concerned about dust then bag the books.

As long as the humidity isn't high when you bag the book, and it doesn't get too high where you store them, they should be fine bagged. I live in Florida and know about humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I agree with John, it's not a stupid question at all.

The mylar dustjacket cover protects the dustjacket very well. It provides UV, dust and other physical protection.

The bags primarily offer dust protection. They also offer some other physical protection. Depending on they type of bag it could offer UV protection too.

I have a lot of books with Brodart covers. I also have a lot of books in bags. Not to mention (though I did) the books with both.

If you are concerned about dust then bag the books.

As long as the humidity isn't high when you bag the book, and it doesn't get too high where you store them, they should be fine bagged. I live in Florida and know about humidity.
    Yeah, I'm in Georgia. Humidity here isn't quite as bad as in Florida, but it's not very much fun in the summer.

Can you point me to a website where I can buy the right bags? Thanks.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, unless you want to keep the dust off the traycase and can find a bag big enough.

I get the bags from my local comics shop.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post

John
    Gotcha. Makes sense. So the traycased Prime Evil would probably be good as is since it's completely covered anyway?

Some slipcases and traycases have issues that require bagging. Most don't. The Prime Evil S/L should be fine the way it is.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post

John

Some slipcases and traycases have issues that require bagging. Most don't. The Prime Evil S/L should be fine the way it is.
    Also some materials 'stick' like the traycase for The Shining. Not sure what material they are made of, but they will transfer or stick to another traycase or slipcase if left unbagged. I bag almost every traycased books I own. I also like my books bagged as it prevents the wear at the heels when they are slid in and out of the shelves.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seed a Fifty to One sold? And if so.. for how much?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It's been forever.
    Good luck touching that for less than $1.25K

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It's been forever.
    Good luck touching that for less than $1.25K
    Only 50 made.... Tough one for sure.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How is it related to King again?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    How is it related to King again?
    The Catalog is your friend:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...uxe#post655667

+ Reply to Thread
Page 477 of 567 FirstFirst ... 377 427 467 475 476 477 478 479 487 527 ... LastLast