Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 694 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 194 594 644 684 692 693 694 695 696 704 744 794 ... LastLast
Results 17,326 to 17,350 of 27567

Thread: Intriguing Stephen King/King Related/Dark Tower Auctions-Sales

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post

And for the record, I have shown time and time again that the signatures I obtain are nearly identical to those of highly regarded members on this forum.
    umm, dont you know that HE is a highly regarded member of this forum?
    Well said.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

If he's not out there obtaining King signatures himself, he should have no business making statements like he has.

The reason why I'm so upset is its always members who aren't the ones obtaining King in recent years making these comments on this forum. For awhile the signatures I was obtaining were all foreign to many of you, because he only started getting very sloppy with his signatures.

I bust my ass obtaining authentic King signatures and full well know how tough it is to obtain him. My prices have always reflected that.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

The reason why I'm so upset is its always members who aren't the ones obtaining King in recent years making these comments on this forum. For awhile the signatures I was obtaining were all foreign to many of you, because he only started getting very sloppy with his signatures.

I bust my ass obtaining authentic King signatures and full well know how tough it is to obtain him. My prices have always reflected that.

are you married to Lisa G by any chance? did i ask you this before? Lisa is an acquaintance/friend of mine!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post
    This seller is notorious for selling fake signatures. I think this one is legit, but beware. (I think it's way over-priced, too.)

John

I'm really getting sick and tired of this from you. I'm not sure who you are, but it's pretty evident you have no idea what you are talking about. I've been obtaining authentic King signatures over the past few years. Yes they are "sloppy" because they are usually not at sit down signings, even though I do go to nearly all of them with King. Feel free to post what items you believe were forged, because your opinion is not only wrong, it is libelous to post this.

And for the record, I have shown time and time again that the signatures I obtain are nearly identical to those of highly regarded members on this forum.

Also for the record, the last Mr. Mercedes sold on open auction for $585, and it wasn't even signed on the title page.
    The collectors here are looking for other King collectors opinion on signatures. Nobody is perfect, but I would trust Jhanic's feedback.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

well... first.... john pretty much has some experience under his belt.... so I wouldn't dismiss his opinion outright.

and I've been collecting for a long long time... gotten some in person... have a few hundred limiteds to compare to.... and I will say I've looked at two of your auctions...

not saying they are fake... just saying I'd never personally buy these two...

never ever seen an actual king sig with a G like this...

never seen an actual king sig with the extra hump on the N

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Why bust your ass to get them? King actually hates people like you. Honestly, in my opinion you give the collectors world a bad name for chasing down King.

Do you realize 95% of your post on these boards are defensive. Have you ever thought about being a part of the community more and contributing to everyday post.

One more thing, I've even questioned some of your signatures. Very suspect. No, I don't have to go into detail why I don't like them. It's my opinion and not afraid to put it out there.

Mulleins
    (Known to you as "Bottom Feeder" if you remember calling me that)
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you dont get those signatures in person, how can you be 100% sure (and justify) that they are all 100% legits?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

again... I'm not saying they aren't real.... king could have off days.... only that I personally wouldn't buy them because they look odd to me....
    but then, that's why I've pretty much gone to only buying limiteds on the second hand market.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

damn double posts

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    again... I'm not saying they aren't real.... king could have off days.... only that I personally wouldn't buy them because they look odd to me....
    but then, that's why I've pretty much gone to only buying limiteds on the second hand market.

I will say this for you.... looking through some of your other auction photos, it does seem you have a distinctive knack for catching King on his "off days"

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

If you dont get those signatures in person, how can you be 100% sure (and justify) that they are all 100% legits?
    Every autograph I obtain is witnessed by me, so no idea where this post is coming from.

well... first.... john pretty much has some experience under his belt.... so I wouldn't dismiss his opinion outright.

and I've been collecting for a long long time... gotten some in person... have a few hundred limiteds to compare to.... and I will say I've looked at two of your auctions...

not saying they are fake... just saying I'd never personally buy these two...

never ever seen an actual king sig with a G like this...

never seen an actual king sig with the extra hump on the N
    Those were obtained at the Brooklyn NY event this year. I'm away from my computer but I'm sure I can bring up photos from members books on here from that event that have that G you are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post

Why bust your ass to get them? King actually hates people like you. Honestly, in my opinion you give the collectors world a bad name for chasing down King.

Do you realize 95% of your post on these boards are defensive. Have you ever thought about being a part of the community more and contributing to everyday post.

One more thing, I've even questioned some of your signatures. Very suspect. No, I don't have to go into detail why I don't like them. It's my opinion and not afraid to put it out there.

Mulleins
    (Known to you as "Bottom Feeder" if you remember calling me that)
    King has his moments, and for the most part he is a nice guy. He is just difficult to obtain and catch in the right situation.

Why become an active member of this forum when all you guys do is call the signatures I have fake? I don't have time to contribute actively to a forum and help you guys out when none of you seem to do your own research on signatures and just constantly bash my stuff.

Tippy is the only one who has ever been cordial enough off or on this forum and I take his opinion over 95% of the members on here because I know he travels for King.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

note to self... never attend a brooklyn event, must be where King's favorite bar is located. oh wait... didn't he quit drinking?

hmmm, must be all those new yorkers... they make me nervous too.
    (JK)

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

are you married to Lisa G by any chance? did i ask you this before? Lisa is an acquaintance/friend of mine!
    No that is another collector/dealer from Boston. Glen, he is a nice guy as is his wife.

This is his signature now, that's what it looks like. If you look at his signature over the past few years, all the signatures are rushed even at sit down signings. The softcover books you posted were sitdown in a back room and you can see pen skips, etc on them.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

Every autograph I obtain is witnessed by me, so no idea where this post is coming from.
    Thats what i understood by reading "i bust my ass getting"... But apparently i was wrong and it was a misundertanding. My bad.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

This is his signature now, that's what it looks like. If you look at his signature over the past few years, all the signatures are rushed even at sit down signings. The softcover books you posted were sitdown in a back room and you can see pen skips, etc on them.
    actually, I just got a signature at the Maine signing two weeks ago... doesn't look like that...
    and got a Revival signed in Austin last November... doesn't look like that...

guess I'm the lucky one.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

though I did entertain him with my crazy donut antics... so he probably took more time whilst signing my Finder's Keepers....

perhaps you should take a box of donuts to the next signing event?

(just teasing you now)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

All anyone has to do is look at what you sell and form their own opinion.

It seems like most members here, including a respectable number of veteran members, have formed the opinion that what you offer is less than desirable.

We've already danced this dance and you know that I think you sell shit mixed in with an occasional legit.

BTW it's only libel if you can prove the signatures are good. If you could do that we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Brian, I have photos of every single King signature I've ever obtained and I can post them for you to prove to me which ones you believe are forged. So far you have not done that and haven't even posted which ones you question the authenticity of.

Your posts consist of wild accusations with no basis, and no credibility, as has Johns.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Rather lazy of you not to include the proof in your listings. No?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Rather lazy of you not to include the proof in your listings. No?
    I don't always obtain proof when getting signatures. Especially with King when you have more than 1 book it's tough to flip and have a camera or phone out at the same time. What I said in my post directed at you was in regards to you saying I Mix in forgeries. You continue to say that but have not posted which ones you think are forged and I can go back into my hard drive and retrieve photos of every single signature I've obtained of King and you can dissect all those as well.

As far as proof on this forum, I have consistently compared my signatures to those of other members books to show the similarities that are in the signatures. And will do so for the 2 soft covers that someone didn't like above.

I have nothing to hide regarding any of the signatures in my store, even King which is why there is a closeup photo of every single King book in my store.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 694 of 1103 FirstFirst ... 194 594 644 684 692 693 694 695 696 704 744 794 ... LastLast