Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Mercedes television series

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/07/mr-...ng-1201860026/
    The Manchester, UK, terror attack this past May eerily mirrored a similar event in Stephen King’s novel “Mr. Mercedes.” Producers behind Audience Network’s upcoming adaptation of the novel confirmed that they changed that central event for the series, in a way that won’t be revealed here.

At Tuesday’s Television Critics Association press tour panel for the series, director Jack Bender said that the show’s choice to change that framework was decided early on and was a “better way to make it a potentially more catastrophic event.”

On May 22, a young male suicide bomber walked into the foyer of the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester Arena and detonated a nail bomb that he had strapped to himself, killing 22 people (one child as young as 8 years old) and injuring 250. In the novel “Mr. Mercedes,” the killer Brady Hartsfield, who is being pursued by detective Bill Hodges, also straps a nail bomb to himself and attends a boy band concert to carry out his attack.

Despite the ongoing prevalence of terror attacks, Bender said the series will not shy away from showing the dark or disturbing aspects of such events because it had a responsibility to show how such monsters affect people and “how lives are destroyed by one heinous act.” “Mr. Mercedes” will just “put the audience in that horror and not try to walk the tightrope.”

Brendan Gleeson, who plays Det. Hodges in the series, said he signed on because it wasn’t King’s usual horror. “I’m not particularly interested in the supernatural as a source of terror,” he said. “What’s amazing about this is that it’s about the beast within. They’re all haunted, but haunted in a very human way.”

“Penny Dreadful” actor Harry Treadaway, who took over the role of the psychopath Brady from the late Anton Yelchin, said that it was “the creepiest character that I’ve done in a very long time.” He did a two-month crash course in psychopathy in which he had to withhold judgment in order to understand the roots of the mindset.

Treadaway also watched three TV programs in order to learn how to not have empathy: UFC, “Shark Tank” and Fox News.

If “Mr. Mercedes” does well, Bender confirmed that the plan would be to proceed with the other two books in King’s series, “Finders Keepers” and “End of Watch.”

David E. Kelley wrote and adapted the 10-episode series, which will premiere on Wednesday, Aug. 9 at 8 p.m. ET on Audience Network.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

This series is really good. I've seen the first four episodes and it is essentially faithful to the source material, although there are a few changes and additions. Holland Taylor's character (Bill's next door neighbor) is terrific -- she makes me laugh out loud in almost every scene where she appears. I also really like Breda Wool, who plays "Lou" (Freddi in the novel).

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The more info. and reviews that come out makes me even more irritated that it's on some third-world channel.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Isn't DirecTV one of if not the largest satellite TV companies? Especially now that AT&T owns it.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Isn't DirecTV one of if not the largest satellite TV companies? Especially now that AT&T owns it.
    Yes. In 2014 Directv was second in US subscribers. AT&T was 5th. The combined company is now #1.
    2014 Numbers:

https://www.dishpromotions.com/compa...f-subscribers/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From Marsha at SKMB. It's from June 9th, but at least it's a little promising:

"In a conversation we had last week with our contact at the Mr. Mercedes production office, we were told that they are working on ways to make this as accessible as possible for fans but we aren't at liberty to release specific information just yet. Their solutions may still not make everybody happy but they do acknowledge that having it on a cable network can make it more difficult for viewers and are at least trying to come up with ways for as many people as possible to view it."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

A few more TV spots and things:

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I have DirectTV and I know I have the audience channel, but the last time I checked, they did not have a listing for this show. I checked the specific time slot and it said "to be announced" or something like that. So I can't even set my DVR to record it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I set it up two days ago. You may need to refresh your receiver. But it will show up soon on its own anyway.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty negative review from someone who holds the novels in high regard.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/reviews...usted-corolla/
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm surprised by that review -- I think this is probably the best TV adaptation of a King novel, and the other reviews I've seen have been glowing.

Here's my preview: http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/...dead-zone-200/

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched episode one and enjoyed it. Loved the "Pet Semetery" song that played.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The episode is not yet available online. Hopefully will appear today
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

I'm loving it. I hope it does well and we get all three (or four?) seasons.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    First two episodes free at att.net: http://start.att.net/exclusive/audie...cedes/episodes
    The videos dont launch for me. Probably a territorial restriction :-(
    Despite being broadcasted, the episods haven't "leaked" online yet

Doesnt seem to work with a US VPN for me...?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm loving it. I hope it does well and we get all three (or four?) seasons.
    I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. The first episode was solid. And seems to stay close to the source. The actors are perfect in their roles. If they keep this up, it's going to be a great show.

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    First two episodes free at att.net: http://start.att.net/exclusive/audie...cedes/episodes
    The videos dont launch for me. Probably a territorial restriction :-(
    Despite being broadcasted, the episods haven't "leaked" online yet

Doesnt seem to work with a US VPN for me...?
    It didnt work in Chrome for me but did in Safari, if that helps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast