Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: The Gunslinger's Guns - General Discussion

Traveler Powertrip is on a distinguished road

Pooh. Like the Nikasil treatment done to high rpm sportbike engines...

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=172556395

I really want two of those exact guns, in 5.5" barrels.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice lead dealer is on a distinguished road lead dealer's Avatar

All right, what are they. On work computer with most of the "cool gun sights" are blocked!! Heck most of the pictures do not even com up..

Barrel length can always be fixed by any competent smith....

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man, I love this thread. If I was filthy rich I would buy every one of the guns mentioned and try them all out.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

lol, me too!
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Gunslinger Apprentice lead dealer is on a distinguished road lead dealer's Avatar

Firearms have proven to be a sound investment... Buy them wile you can.....

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is the problem. I can't buy any right now.

Can't or won't?

Concider it the investment that gives back... How many "investments" can save your life? A single action revolver in a "hard caliber" will stop a prediator just as well as a polymer framed "wonder gun".

Traveler DarthHill is on a distinguished road DarthHill's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default The pistol

Lead Dealer-

It's an Uberti, with a 5.5" barrel and case hardened finish. I went with .45 Long Colt. I plink with cowboy action loads, as they're low power and reloadable, but I've fired some heavier stuff through it (200-225 gr. mostly). As for the grip, I have smaller hands, and the bird's head fits perfectly in my palm. It rocks back with the recoil in a way standard grips don't. I'm very pleased with it, and it's dead on right out of the box.

Long days and pleasant nights.

DarthHill,

Excellent choice! A true "slingers" pistol should fit him, and him only with a high degree of comfort. Oddly enough the colt new service in my avatar fits my smaller, slender fingered hands. Anyone else it is a bulky club...

Alass, with it having a 1918 manufacture date, it is not as accurate as it could be....

Good to find more shooters, welcome..

Your pistol makes my old model Ruger Black hawk look like a neon next to a viper....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lead dealer View Post
    Can't or won't?

Concider it the investment that gives back... How many "investments" can save your life? A single action revolver in a "hard caliber" will stop a prediator just as well as a polymer framed "wonder gun".
    Can't. My three-month-old son drained my bank accounts by being born six weeks early and staying in the hospital for over two weeks. I could charge one to a credit card but then I would need it to defend myself from my wife when she found out. I will have to settle for taking the shotgun I bought a few months ago out to shoot trap.

You have to sell it as a sound investment... Better than most peoples 401k's (20.5l's now). Get them wile you can.. Unsure what the future will bring.

Long barreled trap guns are often rather lousy for "house guns",they are longer than most doorways and hard to swing about in close confines of a home. Find a "junker" barrel and have a good smith shorten it. Remember 18in is atf legal min for shotguns, and trust me, that is quite short...

Traveler Powertrip is on a distinguished road

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EzAUdCXdq4"]YouTube- A. Uberti 2010 new items at IWA Nürnberg[/ame]

Yes, please.

Traveler knightofavalon86 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Powertrip View Post
    I'm new here, but I was browsing the forum when I saw this.
    See, my take on Roland's guns is a 71/2 in. Colt SAA design that's been modified someway to have a swing out cylinder. And now Uberti's making one?! I WANT ONE!!

Gunslinger Apprentice osseolax28 is on a distinguished road

Powertrip, that is the gun i'm looking for. thats awsome, damn now i want one

with how fast uberti works, you will see those on the market within a year. Probably not commonly available for another few years unless there is a high demand. Dealing with the Italian customer service department is almost as bad as dealing with the Germans!

But IF our collective of faithful aspiring gunslingers will preashure them to speed up the time table. There is no news of this on the American market, I hope that this is not a euro- only released item!

Gunslinger Apprentice osseolax28 is on a distinguished road

i cant find those guns anywhere except for the video you posted.

Gunslinger Apprentice Jack Torrance is on a distinguished road Jack Torrance's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lead dealer View Post
    Here is a picture of an alternative "gunslinger gun"

Have to love the .45.....
    I think it looks amazing.

Is it yours? If so how do you like it?
    "You've had your whole F***ing life to think things over, what good's a few minutes minutes more gonna do you now?"

Alass, no...

This one is owned by King Abulla of Jordan...

Some engraver must have went blind with this piece of art.

Out of the 6 1911's I own, none of them look this nice..

My Mood
    Breezy

IDk, I like SOME engraving, but stuff like this is too much for me.

Something like this would be definitely a "show piece". But would be brought out to the range ever so often, just to prove it works....

Engraving is a more perminate finish than these fancy painted on or plated types... I want one, but could never afford one... Engraving simply wears like iron... So to speak....

19junkie

i've always thought that his guns would be almost comedically large-barrelled. it's gotta be like a shotgun or something. When these babies go off, it's like thunder. And everyone needs to remember that this isn't hundreds of years ago, it's hundreds of years in the future. Forged from excalibur.

As a long time shooter, I can tell you that a long large bore may look cool, but is wretchedly impractical to carry on your hip. Let alone a pair of them. A barrel over 7 inches is a bear to draw from your gun leather... let alone shoot rapidly or accurately.. Well without a bipod....

The largest "practical" pistols made by colt (or the Remington cousin) were the 1860 army series (the walkers and early dragoons were a bit clunky) And those were the 8 inch variety. But alass were "cap and ball" (non-cartridge). But the "art" of gunslinging was born with these civil war surplus guns.
    And to the modern viewer these old .44 (large bore) 8 inch barreled guns are "massive". Compare them to say a sig (4inch barrel) or a 1911 (gov't model 5 inch barrel) the civil war pistols would be huge compared to them.

Food for thought from a gun junkie on his road to the tower........

Traveler wganz is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by 19junkie View Post
    Forged from excalibur.
    Excalibur would have had to been a HUGE sword to get the 5+ pounds of steel to forge two complete revolvers.

Couple of other points:
    Ruger never made a .44 magnum automatic but IMI did make such as the Desert Eagle. At least not in this where && when. So, it would be possible in Jake's where that such a pistol existed.

Sai King apparently didn't know too much about the topic or didn't regard it as of such import to require deeper research to get absolute accuracy. IMHO, it was more important for him to tie his other novels into a coherent strand than to dwell on a technical accuracy on a topic that he may not actually like. Based on what Sai King has said, I'm going with this. Supporting docx in the link below:

Elephant Two is America's almost pathological love of guns.

With that said, I'm inspired enough by going through this series again that I'm going to get one of the below .45LC's from EMF:

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by wganz View Post
    Sai King apparently didn't know too much about the topic or didn't regard it as of such import to require deeper research to get absolute accuracy. IMHO, it was more important for him to tie his other novels into a coherent strand than to dwell on a technical accuracy on a topic that he may not actually like. Based on what Sai King has said, I'm going with this.
    I've always believed this as well.

What's EMF?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast