Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 188 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4692

Thread: General Television Discussion

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Kris, I didn't like the commercials for it and never made an effort. I watch too much as it is lol.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Did you try Young Sheldon? What trash.... two episodes and done
    I don't like it either, honestly though, I didn't think it was going to work from the start. It's the complete opposite of BBT and the kind of format CBS's older audience isn't used to and doesn't embrace.

It's a single camera sitcom with no laugh track. CBS's audience is used to a traditional 3 camera setup with a laugh track. You're asking too much of the audience there.

The coolest thing about that show is seeing Laurie Metcalf's daughter as the mom. She really reminds me of her mother sometimes.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

So for you guys who have Hulu...I'm 6 episodes in on Future Man, and I didn't love it at first, but I'm seriously digging it now.

Mind you, if you dislike 'dude humor' (penis jokes, references to video games, crass language, etc) you probably won't enjoy it. But if you enjoy a good penis joke now and then and you're a gaming nerd, I imagine you'd like it.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    So for you guys who have Hulu...I'm 6 episodes in on Future Man, and I didn't love it at first, but I'm seriously digging it now.

Mind you, if you dislike 'dude humor' (penis jokes, references to video games, crass language, etc) you probably won't enjoy it. But if you enjoy a good penis joke now and then and you're a gaming nerd, I imagine you'd like it.
    I was going to ask you if you had watched it yet. I remember you mentioning it and I saw that it launched.

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

I was going to ask you if you had watched it yet. I remember you mentioning it and I saw that it launched.
    Still Servant, you gotta tell me your preferred nick name, so I can call you something that isn't so long. Or formal? Maybe it sounds too formal! Anyway...

I finished up Future Man tonight and overall I really really liked it. It meandered a bit in the middle, spent some time on some secondary plots that really weren't all that interesting, but there is enough really good stuff and really funny stuff, that I'm overlooking the few sort of boring parts. It's also fairly predictable, but then it's largely based on popular tropes from video games and action films so...perfectly acceptable in my opinion. There is one episode where they find themselves in James Cameron's future house and I pretty much laughed my ass off the entire time.

And I will say this....Josh Hutcherson is farging adorable. For a guy who is short and average build, and doesn't have much of what you'd consider typical sex appeal in male celebrities, I couldn't get enough of him. He's funny, charismatic, and he fits into the role of nerdy, well intentioned underachiever perfectly. Even my husband made the comment that he expected him to be a turd like he was in the Hunger Games (it's the only other thing he's seen Hutcherson in) but that he actually really liked him in Future Man. The show also has Keith David who has been one of my favorite actors on the planet since he was Childs in The Thing and all kinds of special appearances from fairly well known comedic actors.

But I'd definitely recommend it if you're looking for a somewhat vulgar comedy that crosses gaming with an 80s action flick.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I just watched the trailer for Future Man on Youtube. Now I want to watch the show. But I don't have Hulu...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Still Servant, you gotta tell me your preferred nick name, so I can call you something that isn't so long. Or formal? Maybe it sounds too formal! Anyway...
    You can call me Servant, SS, Serv or just Mike. I'm friends with a bunch of the people here on Facebook, so they just call me Mike.

I finished up Future Man tonight and overall I really really liked it. It meandered a bit in the middle, spent some time on some secondary plots that really weren't all that interesting, but there is enough really good stuff and really funny stuff, that I'm overlooking the few sort of boring parts. It's also fairly predictable, but then it's largely based on popular tropes from video games and action films so...perfectly acceptable in my opinion. There is one episode where they find themselves in James Cameron's future house and I pretty much laughed my ass off the entire time.
    You've said enough good things that I think I will enjoy this one. I'm glad Hulu made all the episodes available at once. I know the Mindy Project releases them once a week. Previously, I had to wait until they released a certain amount of episodes before I started my perennial free trial. Have you seen The Last Starfighter? I was wondering if it feels at all like that.

And I will say this....Josh Hutcherson is farging adorable. For a guy who is short and average build, and doesn't have much of what you'd consider typical sex appeal in male celebrities, I couldn't get enough of him. He's funny, charismatic, and he fits into the role of nerdy, well intentioned underachiever perfectly.
    Oooff. I hope he doesn't put that on his resume. I'm thinking of updating his wikipedia page with that endorsement.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I'm surprised there isn't much talk in here about Mr Robot. That last episode was amazing.

Spoiler:
    Despite all of Elliot's efforts stage 2 finally happened. Unlike season one where (IIRC) they waited until the last episode, we are only about 2/3 of the way through the season. Should be interesting to see what the fallout from this is.

I've noticed they seem to be making a lot of references to time travel as well. Hence the Back to the Future cartoon. Is that what Angela believes that is the endgame here? That they can just simply undo everything that's happened including the deaths of her mom and Elliot's dad?

I've also been reading that Price is likely her real father which would explain why he's been so creepily interested in her.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

You can call me Servant, SS, Serv or just Mike. I'm friends with a bunch of the people here on Facebook, so they just call me Mike.
    What about Mikey? I kind of like Mikey. :-P

You've said enough good things that I think I will enjoy this one. I'm glad Hulu made all the episodes available at once. I know the Mindy Project releases them once a week. Previously, I had to wait until they released a certain amount of episodes before I started my perennial free trial. Have you seen The Last Starfighter? I was wondering if it feels at all like that.
    It does, and they actually reference The Starfighter in the first episode. It's a goofy show and it fully embraces it which I like and appreciate.

Oooff. I hope he doesn't put that on his resume. I'm thinking of updating his wikipedia page with that endorsement.
    If he's doing shows like this, he has to be self aware enough to know he's not super hot stuff by Hollywood standards!!!

And even if he was, he'd be doing himself a disservice by not doing comedy. It's like after I saw Kit Harington in 7 Days in Hell...I laughed SO hard at him, and here I thought the only thing he was made for was that broody crap he does on Game of Thrones. But he was great, totally made the movie, which is saying a lot for me because I love Andy Samberg and he was great in it as well.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

PS: I have *never* seen Mr Robot.

Shame. Shame. Shame. /rings bell

PS: I have *never* seen Mr Robot.

Shame. Shame. Shame. /rings bell
    It's really, really good but I can see how it's not for everyone. I've tried to get my wife to watch it before but it's just not her type of show. She's more into the dramatic or romantic type stuff.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What about Mikey? I kind of like Mikey. :-P
    Sure! That works. My sister's friends from high school used to call me Mikey. It was actually part of my very first AOL email that I used up until a few years ago.

As for Mr. Robot, I love the show. It has such a great vibe to it. The second season wasn't quite as strong as the first season. I personally loved the first season despite
    Spoiler:
    guessing the twist in the very first episode

You should check it out.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Netflix is intent on having scientists invent more hours in a day and/or prolonging lives indefinitely:

So true! Godless is now available. They just continue to pump these things out. It's so hard to find the time. I just finished Alisa Grace and I just got done watching the Netflix original film Mudbound (fantastic by the way). I still have to get to Mindhunter and now Godless. First world problems indeed, but still.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Netflix is intent on having scientists invent more hours in a day and/or prolonging lives indefinitely:

So true! Godless is now available. They just continue to pump these things out. It's so hard to find the time. I just finished Alisa Grace and I just got done watching the Netflix original film Mudbound (fantastic by the way). I still have to get to Mindhunter and now Godless. First world problems indeed, but still.
    Mind hunter is brilliant... get on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe tonight. Hopefully.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought Mindhunter was fantastic. Very binge-worthy show and I cannot wait for the second season!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I thought Mindhunter was fantastic. Very binge-worthy show and I cannot wait for the second season!
    I started watching Mindhunter last night and it's fantastic. I'm 3 episodes in at the moment. Honestly, Cameron Britton who plays Edmund Kemper needs to be nominated.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started watching Mindhunter last night and it's fantastic. I'm 3 episodes in at the moment. Honestly, Cameron Britton who plays Edmund Kemper needs to be nominated.
    Pure brilliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Anyone watch "Punisher?" I blew through it in 4 days. Overall I felt the characters gelled nicely together. I loved the interwoven small plots. I figured it would be just a shoot 'em up kill everything type of show, but it was far from that. When it got violent, it was violent . I felt as a comic type show I enjoyed it more then Daredevil, but the villain in Daredevil was by far the superior antagonist in any comic show television adaptation. I liked Daredevil a lot, but overall Punisher surpassed it for me.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Anyone watch "Punisher?" I blew through it in 4 days. Overall I felt the characters gelled nicely together. I loved the interwoven small plots. I figured it would be just a shoot 'em up kill everything type of show, but it was far from that. When it got violent, it was violent . I felt as a comic type show I enjoyed it more then Daredevil, but the villain in Daredevil was by far the superior antagonist in any comic show television adaptation. I liked Daredevil a lot, but overall Punisher surpassed it for me.
    Punisher IS PURE AWESOME!! I have 3 episodes left.. cannot wait!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Three episodes into The Punisher and so far so good!

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Punisher IS PURE AWESOME!! I have 3 episodes left.. cannot wait!
    What is so realistic is how sadly tortured he is mentally from his personal loss. And when he gets made, he goes into berserk mode. I will definitely watch this again.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/90...ced-by-netflix
    Netflix has announced Mindhunter Season 2 on the show’s official Instagram account on Thursday, with a photo and a short teaser video. You can check out the announcement below. Mindhunter Season 2 comes to us from director David Fincher, who previously kick-started the first Netflix Original series House of Cards.

Just in case anyone didn't catch the subtle time-travel easter egg with the song that was playing at the end of Mr Robot last night:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you fucking kidding me, Netflix! I just got a notification on my TV app saying that Dark starts tomorrow on Netflix. Seriously, give me a moment to breath.

I was thinking, we should all come up with a word or phrase about having anxiety over being behind on the Netflix shows you have to watch. We could totally make it a thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 188 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 124 164 ... LastLast