Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unearthed & Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Unearthed & Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/ho...umentary-rises
    Fans of Mary Lambert’s cult 1989 adaptation of Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY rejoice: a team of savvy young filmmakers are aiming to tell the full tale behind not only the making of the picture, but its legacy.

“In May of 2011, my good friend and I decided to make a pilgrimage from southern New England to northern Maine to visit a house we had watched time and time again since we were both young,” says John Campopiano of the genesis of his work.

“That was the Creed house. Our afternoon visit, which, for a misty, overcast day in Maine was beyond rewarding, triggered a flood of ideas between the two of us; ideas that eventually took the form of what is becoming the most in-depth and comprehensive documentary on the making of PET SEMATARY.

Called UNEARTHED & UNTOLD: THE PATH TO PET SEMATARY, Campopiano and his crew have already shot every location, filmed over two dozen interviews with the cast and crew, as well as with Maine locals who had invaluable roles during the production as prop handlers, set designers, construction workers, artists, actors and actresses. What’s more, the majority of the individuals featured in this documentary have never before been interviewed on camera about their role in the film.

“What we’re attempting to do is take a deeper look at the making of PET SEMATARY. What stories and memories do local Maine residents have of the production? How was the production documented in the local media (television, magazine, and newspaper stories)? What did the production do for Hancock County and the greater Maine communities? Our goal is to show the unique bridging of a relatively small Hollywood production with a small Maine community who continue to think highly of its involvement in the film. In addition to cast and crew memories, the local experiences of those in Maine, and the film’s portrayal in the local media, we’re also seeking to explore the legacy the film has established and how its core themes are being taught and explored in the film and academic worlds.”

An ambitious production? You bet, but also a massive labor of love for a film that—as admired as it is—still needs it. Keep reading FANGORIA for more on the film as it progresses.

And for more, check back tomorrow for a huge interview with THE CABIN IN THE WOODS makeup FX designer David LeRoy Anderson as he talks his early days on PET SEMATARY.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the post!
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

Citizen of Gilead Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer has a spectacular aura about Lauterer's Avatar

My Mood
    Devilish

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Cool, I read about these guys in Horrorhound a couple months ago, glad the movie is moving forward.
    Btw Cabin in the woods rules.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/mo...leroy-anderson
    FANG: Now, I hope you don’t mind, but I wanted to talk a bit about PET SEMATARY, which myself and plenty of genre diehards are huge fans of, especially some of the makeup scenes.

ANDERSON: Yea! PET SEMATARY was one of my very first jobs going on location for my dad [Makeup FX veteran, Lance Anderson]. It was actually the second location job that I did for him. The first was SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW, which he sent me to Haiti, and the next year sent me to Maine to PET SEMATARY. I went with John Blake who was the other makeup artist.

Basically, I still compare everything to that. Those first two films that I was lucky enough to be involved in, were the best experiences of my career, still; even after a job like CABIN, even after the one I’m on right now that I can’t mention. I was new, and it was all new, the learning curve was in effect. It was pre-visual FX, so everything was practical and everything was right out of the kit. I was a huge fan of that book prior to even getting involved in the project, so I had a keen interest in being involved in it, and a lot of special things happened on that film. I asked my wife [NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET star, Heather Langenkamp) to marry me and we’ve been married ever since. We got engaged there, while filming it. Heather came out to Maine and stayed with me in my little cabin, and I went ahead and just popped the question there. We’ve been together ever since, with two beautiful kids.

FANG: That’s amazing.

ANDERSON: Yea, I can’t do this without her. She was the producer for me on CABIN IN THE WOODS, and she’s the producer for the shop here on this unmentionable film. She’s a huge member of this creative force here. She’s the one who makes it all possible. Otherwise, I’d blow all the money. She tells me when to stop, how much I can spend, who I can hire. It’s actually a really wonderful collaboration. She has really wonderful film knowledge, and is better with money than I am [laughs].

I don’t think Maine will ever be the same, since we were there. In fact, there’s somebody writing a book right now about that. He’s been going and interviewing people in Ellsworth, Maine about what happened that year when were there. I guess we made quite an impact [laughs], and the rumors are still flying around. It was really one of those magic experiences. The location, the subject matter, the freedom that we had that brought us to be there and collaborate with Mary [Lambert], the Pascow character that we did on Brad [Greenquist]. That was very much collaboration between Brad, John Blake and myself. In fact, John did one half of the face and I did the other half of the face, and we did Fred Gwynne’s makeup that same way, actually. That’s a whole interview in itself; all the great stories that go with that. It was a really, really memorable experience, not only because I got engaged, but a lot of friendships were forged on that film that are still intact today, and quite honestly, it’s one of the ones that I can watch over and over again. I never get tired of it.

FANG: It’s so, so good. And Zelda, man. What a horrifying image.

ANDERSON: Isn’t that weird? That was purely my dad’s. That was a nightmare image from my dad’s head. He designed that thing, and sculpted it, and flew out there and showed up while we were already there. It was something that we did probably halfway through the shoot, and the kid who played the part [Andrew Hubatsek], it was a young man from New York City. He showed up and my dad showed up and pizza showed up and they did the application that night. It was upsetting to see it in person. It just felt so weird, with the spine all twisted, and he [Hubatsek] was really into it. He just contorted his body and it was horrible. Somewhere, somebody’s got a bunch of footage of that. I’m sure the outtakes are even scarier than the film. You’re not the only one. Everybody who mentions that movie, mentions Zelda.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Trailer For 'Unearthed & Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary' Doc

A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

My brother worked in the music for this documentary.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

If you're in the Boston area check out Unearthed & Untold on October 3 or October 4 at the Coolidge Corner Theater in Brookline! Tickets are on sale NOW.

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.fangoria.com/new/exclusiv...-2016-release/
    A critical and commercial smash hit upon its initial release in 1989, there’s no denying the impact that Mary Lambert’s PET SEMATARY holds for fright fans, many of whom still are haunted by the film’s most disturbing moments. But now, nearly 30 years later, PET SEMATARY is getting the increasingly-common retrospective documentary treatment with John Campopiano & Justin White’s new film UNEARTHED & UNTOLD: THE PATH TO PET SEMATARY, which FANGORIA has exclusively learned has been acquired for worldwide distribution by Terror Films!

While platforms and dates have yet to be secured for the film’s release, Terror Films is planning an early 2016 release for the long-in-development documentary, which began production in 2011.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

For eager fans that have long awaited the release of the documentary, which took filmmakers John Campopiano and Justin White nearly 5 years to complete, the wait is finally over.

Thursday April 21st, 2016, in celebration of the 27th Anniversary of the original film’s theatrical release, Terror Films premieres the Documentary’s Official Trailer, Poster and a SPECIAL ONE TIME LIMITED EDITION Promotion. The details of what’s included in the promotion are featured in the flyer seen here with complete details provided on the Terror Films Store Link below.

The Documentary promotional release will begin on April 27th and continue for 27 Days, ending on May 18th and will be the only time this Limited Edition Offer will be available, prior to the documentary’s official release currently set for October 2016.
    During this limited time frame fans will be able to order the Limited Edition Combo Pack, which will include a dual Region Free DVD / Blu-Ray copy of the Documentary featuring interviews with Director Mary Lambert and the entire cast; including Dale Midkiff, Denise Crosby, Miko Hughes, Brad Greenquist, Susan Blommaert, the Berdahl Twins and many more. The film also features never-before-seen footage from the sets in Maine, interviews with key crew, the town’s people and packed full of bonus features, including a fan appreciation sizzle reel, a personal interview with the documentary filmmakers and much, much more.

The film, which was discovered by Terror Film’s exec Jim Klock at the Rhode Island Flickers’ Sci-Fi, Fantasy & Horror Film Festival in 2014 is an important release for the company and they are not taking it lightly. Terror Films exec, Joe Dain who negotiated t he deal with the filmmakers stated, “We not only understand the relevance of our Company’s association with this iconic film via this incredible documentary; more importantly we understand the obligation we have to the fans to make this release as special as possible.”

Filmmakers Campopiano and White stated: “When we first set out for Maine nearly six years ago we thought, at most, we would take some photographs of the filming locations from Stephen King’s Pet Sematary and post them to social media. But upon that very first visit we knew that we had stumbled upon something special — stories, people, and places that had been barely documented for the extensive, global horror fan community. We knew within that first year that we needed to go back to Maine and continue to dig, not just to satisfy our own curiosities but also to try and bring an in-depth making of story about Pet Sematary to others who also share a deep appreciation for the film.
    Terror Films has stepped up and showcased a similar love for Pet Sematary but, more importantly, the belief that the stories, people, and places we’ve documented have significance and ought to be shared with anyone who has an interest in Pet Sematary, Stephen King, the horror genre, or film in general.”

Synopsis: Unearthed & Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary is an independent documentary taking an extensive look at the making of Pet Sematary, the origins of the story, the stories of cast and crew, memories of the Maine locals who helped make the film, and the legacy the film has established among horror fans and scholars of Stephen King’s work.
    In addition to featuring many cast and crew members never before interviewed about their involvement in the film, this documentary will also take fans on a tour of the filming locations. With never-before-seen photographs and video footage from behind-the-scenes, original props from the film, media coverage of the 1988 production, and new stories about the Hollywood production being on location in Maine, Unearthed & Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary is an all-encompassing documentary by fans for the fans.

You can score your copy HERE, but be fast as supplies for the limited edition bundle are time limited to just 27 days!

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome. Got mine.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow! Can't believe it's been 27 years since the films release. A must have for any fan of the film and book. Wasn't there talk of a remake at one time or the other?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Wasn't there talk of a remake at one time or the other?
    Sure, at two different times:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...g-Pet-Sematary

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...p-Pet-Sematary

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thank, Pablo! I thought I remembered seeing it someplace.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember in 2006 that a Pet Sematary re-make was supposed to be released in 2009. In 2006, it seemed so far away. Ten years later...nothin'.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe it's better that it didn't happened. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie (watched before I'd read the book) but enjoyed the book more of course. It honestly wouldn't break my heart if it didn't come to pass. The sequel was horrible IMO. What a joke.

Gunslinger Apprentice mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman has a spectacular aura about mtdman's Avatar

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

IMO there's a lot of movies of King's works that have been done already that i don't want to see done again. I dug Pet Sematary, I dug the Stand miniseries, I dug the original IT. Don't really need to see those done again.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I wish they would remake Tommyknockers. The concept could have been a great movie with great visuals but they dropped the ball.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mtdman View Post
    IMO there's a lot of movies of King's works that have been done already that i don't want to see done again. I dug Pet Sematary, I dug the Stand miniseries, I dug the original IT. Don't really need to see those done again.
    I'd agree with PS. The Stand and IT however deserve better than a TV miniseries IMO. Especially better than TV was back then. The Tommyknockers was hokey as hell too; I'd agree with a remake.

My Mood
    Angry
    Country
    Country Flag

I got my movie and tshirt and poster today from this. The movie is great, but I have no use for the tshirt and poster. If anyone is interested, pm me. I'm willing to sell the tshirt and poster to someone who would want them. Tshirt is size xl.

Country
    Country Flag

http://modernhorrors.com/review-unea...-pet-sematary/
    Unearthed and Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary is a documentary about the making of the classic Mary Lambert/Stephen King film. It was co-written and directed by John Campopiano and Justin White, and it took them a reported five years to complete.

Production-wise, it’s nothing flashy, but it doesn’t have to be. It’s all about the content. It has behind-the-scenes footage and photos, lots of great interviews, and location tours. It does feel a bit like a feature-length DVD/Blu-ray bonus feature to some extent, but there’s nothing wrong with that. I love that stuff.

The film includes interviews with just about everyone you can think of that worked on the movie, save for King, the late Fred Gwynne, and maybe a few bit players, but the rest of the main cast is present, including the actors from the flashback scenes, and even the truck driver. There are also plenty of crew members on hand to discuss their memories and contributions to the picture, as well as people who were living in the small Maine town Pet Sematary was filmed in, who share a glimpse into what it was like to have a big movie production come in. As an added bonus, we even get some memories from A Nightmare on Elm Street star Heather Langenkamp.

Where the film really shines is in its wealth of trivia about Pet Sematary. There’s a lot here for fans to learn.

It would have been nice if King had participated with new interviews, considering that he not only wrote the book, but also the screenplay and appeared in the movie, but what are you gonna do? I had a similar feeling when recently watching the Creepshow documentary Just Desserts. I guess these kinds of projects just aren’t King’s thing. Unearthed and Untold did manage to include some footage of King speaking at an event. There are also plenty of old photos from the set, so it never feels like King (or Gwynne) is completely absent.

If you’re a fan of Pet Sematary, there’s a lot to love about Unearthed and Untold, but even if it’s never been one of your favorites, you may find it interesting and develop a greater appreciation for the film as a result.

Pet Sematary has been one of my favorites since I was a little kid, and the novel is perhaps my favorite Stephen King book. I’m certainly among the target audience of this doc, but even still, I couldn’t help but come away from this thing with an even greater appreciation for the film. Listening to them discuss various scenes, it just really hit home how special Pet Sematary is as an entry into the horror genre. There are so many memorable scenes and little moments that help contribute to its classic status; it’s just interesting to see all of that dissected.

There are a few things I would’ve liked to have seen (besides the King’s presence) in the doc that didn’t make it. The novel is discussed, but it would have been nice to get a little more discussion about that, and specifically about some of the differences between the two pieces. Of course King, having written both the novel and screenplay, would have been the best person to discuss this, so I can understand why this wasn’t explored more.

It would have also been interesting to get a little more about the participation of the Ramones beyond the 20 seconds or so we do get, though this is understandable as well given that we’re dealing with deceased persons. We do get some brief comments with Marky Ramone, so it’s not as if the filmmakers didn’t do what they could.

Finally, I would have enjoyed seeing a little bit of discussion about that strange face blob moment (I’m sorry, I don’t know what else to call it) that takes place in Pet Sematary as Louis Creed makes his way to the Micmac burial ground, but that’s less of a complaint and more just a “it would’ve been cool” thing.

These are all so minor of gripes, I wouldn’t even call them gripes. They’re basically just the few things I could think of that the doc didn’t quite deliver on. As a source of information and commentary about Pet Sematary from the people who were involved with it, it delivers on every other level. If you love Pet Sematary, I have a hard time imagining you won’t enjoy the hell out of Unearthed and Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary.

The documentary is out Friday, January 13th on Amazon Instant, XBOX Live, VUDU, Sony PlayStation Network, Google Play and iTunes from Terror Films. It will hit Amazon Prime, Roku, Hulu and cable VOD at a later date, and iTunes will have exclusive bonus features, to be released in a special package within the coming month. The film will get a Canadian release later this year via Raven Banner Releasing.

Country
    Country Flag

http://bloody-disgusting.com/home-vi...oming-blu-ray/
    Fans of Pet Sematary have a whole lot to be excited about right now. Not only is an audiobook (narrated by “Dexter” star Michael C. Hall!) on the way, but so too is a brand new feature film adaptation of Stephen King’s novel. Additionally, we’ve learned today, the fan doc Unearthed & Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary is coming to Blu-ray!

The documentary, directed by super-fans John Campopiano and Justin White, is currently available for instant streaming through Amazon Prime, but it’s finally getting its official home video release through Synapse Entertainment on March 13, 2018.

“In 1989, director Mary Lambert collaborated with King of Horror Stephen King to bring his best-selling book PET SEMATARY to the screen. The shocking true story behind the film that scarred a generation of impressionable young genre fans gets the royal treatment in UNEARTHED AND UNTOLD: THE PATH TO PET SEMATARY. Aficionados of this undead classic can dive behind the scenes in HD glory, with a graverobber’s bounty of bonus features!

It’s true that sometimes dead is better, but for two New England filmmakers, the story of Stephen King’s PET SEMATARY was far too alluring to leave buried. That’s why John Campopiano and Justin White spent nearly five years seeking to uncover the story – from book, to film, to cult status – amounting to the most comprehensive look at the horror classic ever produced. UNEARTHED AND UNTOLD: THE PATH TO PET SEMATARY is both an in-depth independent documentary and celebration of King’s classic tale of terror, told through the voices of cast and crew from the 1989 hit film, as well as locals in Maine – the place where it all started.

In addition to first time ever interviews, tours of the many iconic locations used in the film and never-before-seen photographs and home video from the set, this film explores the impact PET SEMATARY has not only on horror fans, but scholars of Stephen King’s work. Featuring interviews with director Mary Lambert, stars Denise Crosby, Dale Midkiff, Miko Hughes, Brad Greenquist, Andrew Hubatsek, Susan Blommaert, the Berdahl twins, Michael Lombard and MANY MORE!”

Special Features include:

Audio Commentary with Creators John Campopiano & Justin White
    Podcast Commentary with Creators John Campopiano & Justin White
    Edited / Alternate Scenes
    Video Interview with Creators John Campopiano & Justin White
    “PET TALES – From the Cutting Room Floor” Featurette
    PET SEMATARY Location Photo Compilation
    Documentary Poster Art Concepts
    Rare On-Set Video Footage from Rhonda Carter
    Documentary Sizzle Reel
    Promotional Trailer
    Reversible Art Design by Alexandros Pyromallis

You can pre-order Unearthed & Untold directly through Synapse today!

+ Reply to Thread