Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2550

Thread: Under the Dome Collecting Discussion

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I gave it a try as well. I'm sure I'll be the lucky winner!

sk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good to know then :-)

I know about Tesco. I had their card. Prefered Asda though, was cheaper ^^
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Update for Lilja...

Here are more info about Hodder & Stoughton’s contest and the limited paperback ed. of Under the Dome:

The copy with the fifth cover was printed in a limited print run and will not be resupplied.

Tesco.com who are selling the fifth cover are also offering the opportunity to purchase all 5 covers in one shrink wrap set. This comes with 5 postcards (based on the 5 covers) in an envelope. There are only 100 of these sets, so they are also considered a limited edition.

In terms of the competition, this is to win a signed, leather bound hardback edition of Under the Dome. This is a complete one off, and will not be reproduced for any other customer / retailer in the future. In other words, there is one (1) copy of this book!

The contest is open to anyone, anywhere (except Hodder & Stoughton employees and their families) so enter now!

Along the Path of the Beam pdj is on a distinguished road

Yikes! Please -- Pete or another UK friend -- If someone can order and secure me one of the sets from Tesco I will gladly Paypal them for the price and the shipping to the US.

My eBay ID is pdj -- just so you know I'm good for it.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Re: the UTD set, I sense its attraction but I. Will. Not. Succumb.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nor will I. I STILL think those have to be some of the worst King covers ever.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pdj View Post
    Yikes! Please -- Pete or another UK friend -- If someone can order and secure me one of the sets from Tesco I will gladly Paypal them for the price and the shipping to the US.

My eBay ID is pdj -- just so you know I'm good for it.
    Not a problem dude. I'm ordering a set or myself, so do you want me to wait till mine arrives, take it down to the PO and check sending costs before I order yours?.

I mean I don't think 100 sets will run out that quickly as most collectors are interested in hard back only (I am myself but these are quite neat) but if you want I can order yours with mine tomorrow.

Along the Path of the Beam pdj is on a distinguished road

Yeah -- normally I couldn't care less about paperbacks -- but I'm digging these too much. 100 could still go quick -- especially now that LL put up the note.

Yes -- please go ahead on order me one. I can Paypal you just the "price" now -- or we can wait until you add everything in and pay you then.

Hopefully they will ship them to you in a study box that will be suitable for just forwarding it along.

And here's my email, so we can continue this outside of this thread:
    pdj@pdjennings.com

Thanks SO much!

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Here is a picture of the SIX UK paperbacks of UTD.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well done!

See what i meant when i said "paperback" is a confusing word?

1 pbck+ 5 mass pbck
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Dumb question, but is that how the paperbacks come shrink-wrapped from Tesco? Are the postcards in a separate envelope? I'm curious because mine are coming on a slow boat and won't be here for a long time.

So far I've got 15 copies of UTD (12 are different 'states'), and I haven't even read it yet!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

You've got me beat. I only have 14 copies, with 12 different states (an extra US trade for a reading copy and two copies of the UK S/L, one still in shrinkwrap). I don't plan on getting any of the UK paperbacks other than the one I got as an advance copy. I just don't like the covers. I HAVE read it, though, twice now--once when I got the proof and then when the trade came out.

John

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Although I don't collect paperbacks, I must say, they look great!

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Dumb question, but is that how the paperbacks come shrink-wrapped from Tesco?
    Are the postcards in a separate envelope?
    Yes.
    Yes. The envelope is on top, inside the shrinkwrap, and is marked, "Exclusive Limited Edition Postcards Inside."

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can anyone that has one of the Cemetery Dance UTD slipcases tell me how/where the box of cards get stored. I have seen the photos but do not see where the cards are kept. Were there two separate slipcases, one for the trade edition and one for the collectors edition?

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    Can anyone that has one of the Cemetery Dance UTD slipcases tell me how/where the box of cards get stored. I have seen the photos but do not see where the cards are kept. Were there two separate slipcases, one for the trade edition and one for the collectors edition?
    I got both of the UTD slipcases (the trade and the collectors) from Cemetery Dance.The collectors slipcase does not have a place for the cards. I had to buy a slipcase from SK collector.

Here are some pics:

I ordered this because the slipcase has an excellent place to store the cards.

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

i got 2 cases during the week and they look great. tomas is the man for the slipcases,no doubt about it!!

Country
    Country Flag

The following cover illustration commissionned by Hodder & Stoughton is really amazing !
    THey didnt use it though, right?

WEBSITE

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I can't think of anywhere they used it, but they are all great ... shame none of them were used!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very interesting. I can't find those on his website.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are beautiful. A lot better than what H&S actually used.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Very interesting. I can't find those on his website.
    They are on his website :
    Illustrations: Client
    Selected Commissioned Illustrations, 2005 - Present

The third thumbnail from the left.

Who did the cover that have been used?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Those are beautiful. A lot better than what H&S actually used.

John
    I agree. I love what I see here.

sk

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really like those covers. Too bad they weren't used on the final product.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This reminds me that I need to order a couple slipcases from The Collector. Thanks.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 LastLast