Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Get to know DT.Org's Staff #4-Randall Flagg 5/12-5/18

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since you aquired DT.org, what are your 3 most memorable things that have resulted because of DT.org

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Since you aquired DT.org, what are your 3 most memorable things that have resulted because of DT.org
    Meeting you, and meeting two other members....

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you are an SF Giants fan (my assumption) and one of your children played for the A's and the two teams met in the world series (forget the giants just one two WS recently) who would you really root for?

okay - and now it goes 7 games - and that child is the starting pitcher for the A's in game 7 - now who do you root for?

Same question for football - if your child was on Raiders and you were a Niner's fan - and it is the Super Bowl?

I am assuming you are a Giants and Niner's fan....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    If you are an SF Giants fan (my assumption) and one of your children played for the A's and the two teams met in the world series (forget the giants just one two WS recently) who would you really root for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg
    You assume incorrectly. A's. I am an A's fan first, Giants second. I had full season tickets for the A's for 7 years. I have been to every home World Series game-1972, 1973, 1974, 1988, 1989, and 1990. One year I actually went to 56 A's home games.
    okay - and now it goes 7 games - and that child is the starting pitcher for the A's in game 7 - now who do you root for?
    Previous answer should indicate. A's.
    Same question for football - if your child was on Raiders and you were a Niner's fan - and it is the Super Bowl?
    Raiders. I am a Raiders fan and (almost) a Niner hater.
    You assumed incorrectly

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jerome, I don't know why I never told you this but you look so much like one of my uncle's it's scary; he's your Mexican twinner lol.

Okay, down to brass tacks -

At what point did you know that you wanted to purchase the site from Matt? What brought that decision about?

Favorite celebrity meeting - apart from any SK encounters - ?

Favorite Mexican dish?

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You assume incorrectly. A's. I am an A's fan first, Giants second. I had full season tickets for the A's for 7 years. I have been to every home World Series game-1972, 1973, 1974, 1988, 1989, and 1990. One year I actually went to 56 A's home games.
    You assumed incorrectly
    Guess that shows the old saying about assuming

But that really didn't answer the question then - now assume your child is pitching for the Giants in game 7 against the A's? I won't let you off that easy - is it blood or team pride? Who do you root for now. Remember you can possibly now see, feel wear, the WS ring - who knows, if your child loved you enough they might give it to you...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You assumed incorrectly
    Guess that shows the old saying about assuming

But that really didn't answer the question then - now assume your child is pitching for the Giants in game 7 against the A's? I won't let you off that easy - is it blood or team pride? Who do you root for now. Remember you can possibly now see, feel wear, the WS ring - who knows, if your child loved you enough they might give it to you...
    Child first. Too easy. Now if two sons were opposing each other (ala the Harbaugh brothers in the Super Bowl), as a parent I would wish for which of the two is my favorite child. Most parents won't admit it, but if a parent says they love their children equally, they don't know them very well.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always admired the way you display your book collection, Jerome. Is this entirely down to you or does your wife have any input?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    I've always admired the way you display your book collection, Jerome. Is this entirely down to you or does your wife have any input?
    All my choice.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Jerome, I don't know why I never told you this but you look so much like one of my uncle's it's scary; he's your Mexican twinner lol.

Okay, down to brass tacks -

At what point did you know that you wanted to purchase the site from Matt? What brought that decision about?
    This may take a bit to answer. I was a long time member of dt.net. At one point I "bid" on a job opening and someone else (Dolan) was chosen. It incensed me.
    When dt.net failed, I heard word that Dt.Com was in the works. I practically begged Patrick to get me on the staff. I barely was selected (my member # is 50 meaning 49 people before me got the secret link). As a Facilitator I worked my ass off spending 100's of hours building the Catalog and entering most of the events in the Calendar. My goal (besides improving the site), was to get promoted to the highest level possible. I was named "Special Projects Manager". That was as high as I could go without being an owner. That's when I knew that if the site, or partial ownership of the site was ever offered, I would jump on the opportunity.
    When Matt and the other 3 owners sold the .com domain to King, I jumped at the opportunity (with Patrick) to buy the content of the site,
    Favorite celebrity meeting - apart from any SK encounters - ?
    I am not a big celebrity chaser. I figure they really don't want to meet me, so I don't wish to meet them. I'd say Joe Hill on his first book tour in March, 2007. There weren't many people there, and Patrick and I got to talk to him before and after the event.
    Favorite Mexican dish?
    Fajitas

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Meeting you, and meeting two other members....

yeah, yeah, yeah.... you're quite the politician, LOL
    Seriously, can you share some truly memorable moments.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Day one when we took over and moved the servers, updated the software etc. Essentially when I got the "keys to the house".
    Meeting numerous members AND Stephen King at the Mason event, then getting a book signed by King.
    The Rock Bottom Remainders concert where I "grabbed" King as he exited the Men's Room, then partying with fellow members.

Country
    Country Flag

Day one when we took over and moved the servers, updated the software etc. Essentially when I got the "keys to the house".
    Meeting numerous members AND Stephen King at the Mason event, then getting a book signed by King.
    The Rock Bottom Remainders concert where I "grabbed" King as he exited the Men's Room, then partying with fellow members.
    Where exactly did you "grab" SK as he was exiting the bathroom?

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The crotch area

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That was just a term. I simply said "excuse me Mr. King, are you signing books today?". He replied "no, but I'll sign yours", then signed my Gunslinger.

Country
    Country Flag

I did not know if he had offered to help zip him back up.

Country
    Country Flag

What's with the euphemisms - I grabbed him in the bathroom and asked him to sign my gunslinger - that all sounds a tad bit weird (IMHO)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I did not know if he had offered to help zip him back up.
    I would have helped if he needed it. The hard part (pun intended), was waiting outside the head and not going inside and taking a leak next to him

Country
    Country Flag

i guess that leads to the next question - if you had gone in there - would you have tried to size yourself up compared to him and tried to sneak a peek? What would other people here do?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

i guess that leads to the next question - if you had gone in there - would you have tried to size yourself up compared to him and tried to sneak a peek? What would other people here do?
    I wouldn't look, no need to. I know I am in the 90th percentile...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Your favorite moment of the DT.com (org) Vegas get together a few years ago?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Your favorite moment of the DT.com (org) Vegas get together a few years ago?
    So many. Jae Lee, drinking, talking,
    I'll go with the Dagger Staggers...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ordering milk for Patrick's meal lol.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wasn't there but there was something weird about clowns and or condiments too...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

BTW, no one has commented.
    Did everyone/no one see the movie playing in the background of the video?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast