Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 1809

Thread: the DT movie thread

Traveler srebmahc781ekaj is on a distinguished road

I had read this somewhere else and it actually started to grow on me ...

Maybe not the best pick but I could live with it.

Sorta thought there would be more action in this thread ...

Along the Path of the Beam fivethirtytwo is on a distinguished road fivethirtytwo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

srebmahc781ekaj, all the action related to the TV/Film adaptations is in this thread:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...17-2013/page44
    "If a God watches over it all, does He actually mete out justice for a race of gnats among an infinitude of races of gnats?
    ...what must the nature of such a God be?"

The Gunslinger

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by srebmahc781ekaj View Post
    LOL, no, we mostly mentally masturbate here, as a group. A sort of cerebral circle jerk...
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Quote Originally Posted by fivethirtytwo View Post
    srebmahc781ekaj, all the action related to the TV/Film adaptations is in this thread:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...17-2013/page44
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by beam*seeker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srebmahc781ekaj View Post
    LOL, no, we mostly mentally masturbate here, as a group. A sort of cerebral circle jerk...
    I'm not alone after all ...

Traveler bolbo is on a distinguished road

Would you see Joel Kinnaman as Roland ?

Gunslinger Apprentice Slender is on a distinguished road

Are you Joel Kinnaman? If not, then why are you copy-pasting that exact question onto so many sites?

In any case, it's Javier Bardem all the way for me.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Anyone think Robert Carlyle would make a great Man in Black?

I'm watching 'Once Upon a Time' where he plays Rumpelstiltskin (or 'Mr. Gold'). He's easily the best part of the show, and he has this little 'giggle' that is just how I pictured Walter's 'titters'.

Maybe not Randall Flagg, but I think he'd make a great Walter o'Dim. Thoughts?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Traveler rf08d is on a distinguished road

Andrew Lincoln (Rick from The Walking Dead)

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

some interesting news. I like the idea myself.
    https://mail.google.com/mail/?tab=mm...8eae6951e74604

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    some interesting news. I like the idea myself.
    https://mail.google.com/mail/?tab=mm...8eae6951e74604
    I don't think you can directly link to email messages in your inbox...
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Traveler Bcook128 is on a distinguished road Bcook128's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Having Doubts

I'm not sure if it's "older" news or not, but I just read that Russell Crow is being considered to take on the role of Roland.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1737199.html

I'm not a huge (or even slight fan of Russell Crow) and that fact admittedly biases my feelings...I'm in complete abhorrence to the idea. Russell Crow possesses no qualities that would translate into a believable Roland Deschain (in my opinion, anyway). The enormity of turning the Dark Tower into a movie is already so complex...I don't think Mr. Crow could carry it. I am inclined to agree with several others' suggestions of Viggo Mortensen taking the role. He has the look and the acting range that I think would be crucial for any actor taking on Roland.

What does everyone else think?

Traveler Jonny Five is on a distinguished road Jonny Five's Avatar

A younger Sam Shepard as Roland. There is about 10 seconds at the end of The Right Stuff where Sam is walking away from a test flight crash carring his parachute, one eye closed with blood, and that squinting shamble of his IS Roland in the Mohain(?) Desert, following the The Man in Black.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Alas, I hear it's "on the shelf" again!!!! So sad!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice beam*seeker will become famous soon enough beam*seeker's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'm watching 'Once Upon a Time' where he plays Rumpelstiltskin (or 'Mr. Gold'). He's easily the best part of the show, and he has this little 'giggle' that is just how I pictured Walter's 'titters'.

Maybe not Randall Flagg, but I think he'd make a great Walter o'Dim. Thoughts?
    I think he could play the whole thing. He has that creep you out factor going for a certainty.

Not too sure about Russell Crow for Roland. I would like a younger Sam Sheperd but that isn't possible. Still good with Javier Bardem.
    People are always talking about truth.Everybody knows what the truth is,like it was toilet paper or somethin...All there is is bull*...One layer of bullshit on top of another...what you do in life...pick the layer of bull* that you prefer...

Traveler bumhug66 is on a distinguished road

i think michael fassbender would do a real good job. he's quite cold and something about him smiling scares me a little, as roland would.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Hmm, Michael Fassbender would be an interesting choice, if a little younger than I imagined Roland to look. Still, can't deny I'd be interested in seeing him in such a role. Then again, I've been a fan of his stuff ever since he did tv series Hex. Still weird to think just how big his roles have been since then, really. Definitely deserves it, though.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Along the Path of the Beam twice is on a distinguished road twice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked the suggestion of Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad as Eddie. Clint Eastwood is obviously Roland, but since thats not really possible any longer, I'd have to go with Anson Mount from Hell on Wheels as Roland. His eyes are blue

img

For some reason (Ka) I keep wanting to hear that Glenn Close will play Rhea of the Cöos. I don't know why that seem important, or even right, but I can't shake it. As far as Roland goes, I see a lot of Hugh Laurie votes, and while I would be content with a Russell Crowe or a Viggo Mortensen, I'd like to follow the Hugh Laurie train of thinking and offer up a similar vote... Daniel Day Lewis. When I picture Roland in the Mohaine Desert, I see Daniel Day Lewis squinting at the hardpan. If only Sam Shepard wasn't so goddamn old...

Robert Carlyle could pull off a great Walter O'Dim, and I'm not sure if anyone has posed it yet, but what about Josh Brolin as the Man In Black? Less angular than Carlyle, and beefier too, but I could see him doin a greasy knowing grin from under the hood, or roaring atop the waterfall in book1 "Would you kill all your answers so easily?". There's that internal argument over having a single actor play Man in Black/ Walter/ Martin/ John Farson, or different actors in the same robe through the series (all hypothetically speaking). The Robe, if handled deftly and made recognizably iconic by the filmaker, could allow for different actors at different stages in the series (in the same way a character's "theme" in the score can alert you to them in the scene even before they enter the shot). Jus' thinkin' out loud...

I just watched a trailer for a Harry Dean Stanton documentary and I'll throw this into the arena... Sam Shepard as Steven Deschain.

Along the Path of the Beam twice is on a distinguished road twice's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's frustrating how much this movie gets pushed back, all the while hollywood keeps making remake after remake...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by twice View Post
    It's frustrating how much this movie gets pushed back, all the while hollywood keeps making remake after remake...
    Very true!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Jessica Lange as Rhea of the Coos. She's been killing it in American Horror Story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast