Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Alfred Hitchcock Movie Discussion

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Good lord, is that thing creepy! Love it!

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What is that sculpture composed of?
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

Fiberglass Was made for the FRENZY trailer.

Rear Window 1st edition March 1984.

Demon of the Prim goheat will become famous soon enough goheat will become famous soon enough goheat's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Fiberglass Was made for the FRENZY trailer.
    Awesome! I kind of remember that trailer now that you mentioned it!

EDIT: Found another photo of Hitch holding the head during production! Look HERE
    "God punishes us for what we cannot imagine." - Stephen King, Duma Key

FRENZY necktie promo

Spoiler:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Whoa...where did this thread come from?! Cool!

Did anyone get to a theater to see Rear Window on the big screen last week? It was quite a nice treat!
    No, I forgot about it. They used to play the old movies on the cheap night at our theater, and they still do but now the "classics" are full price, and I can't see paying $11.50 for an older movie that I can easily find on DVD. Maybe I'm just cheap

I did go see Psycho around Halloween though

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Whoa...where did this thread come from?! Cool!

Did anyone get to a theater to see Rear Window on the big screen last week? It was quite a nice treat!
    No, I forgot about it. They used to play the old movies on the cheap night at our theater, and they still do but now the "classics" are full price, and I can't see paying $11.50 for an older movie that I can easily find on DVD. Maybe I'm just cheap

I did go see Psycho around Halloween though
    I agree--it cost $25 for the 2 of us to go to see it. That being said, I had a Visa rebate card from Staples and we NEVER go to the movies. (Last movie we had seen was 4 1/2 years ago!) So we made it a point to go to this one. But god, it has gotten so expensive!!!!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Here we go Tommy, now we can discuss Hitchcock all we want

There's still a number of his films I haven't seen. I really should begin to track them all down.
    Thanks Heather!! I haven't seen a bad one yet so I recommend all of them, naturally!

Notorious, Rope and Psycho are probably the three I've seen most number of times

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would love to do my own 52 to 1 ranking. Needs lots of thought.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My favorite Hitchcock films are Dressed to Kill and Body Double.

Oh, wait...

Frenzy might be my favorite. It's certainly up there. I like this movie a lot b/c there is no guessing as to the killer's identity. You know from just about the get-go who the killer is. The tension is not "whodunnit" but in the increasing pressure and boxing in of the poor sap being blamed for the murders.

Plus, I like the way that even though the killer is a total psychopath, Hitchcock goads the viewer into rooting for him in the potato truck scene. We feel the tension and the pressure as he looks for the missing item...and a sigh of relief when he finds it. (At least that was my reaction.). Having said that, the comeuppance at the end was perfect: "Why, Mr. Rusk. You're not wearing your tie."

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I would love to do my own 52 to 1 ranking. Needs lots of thought.
    I might try to rank the ones I've seen, but it'll be tough to put them in some sort of order.

[QUOTE=divemaster;912557]My favorite Hitchcock films are Dressed to Kill and Body Double.

Oh, wait...

LET'S NOT FORGET THAT OTHER HITCHCOCK(IAN)CLASSIC.....

AND THE BEST HITCHCOCK OF ALL....
    Spoiler:

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

All the Hitchcocks I've seen (45) Ranked

Psycho
    Notorious
    Vertigo
    Rope
    Rear Window
    Strangers on a Train
    Shadow of a Doubt
    North by Northwest
    Frenzy
    The Birds
    The Lady Vanishes
    The 39 Steps
    Spellbound
    Rebecca
    Foreign Correspondent
    Marnie
    Lifeboat
    The Man Who Knew Too Much (remake)
    Stage Fright
    To Catch a Thief
    The Trouble with Harry
    Sabotage
    Torn Curtain
    Murder!
    Dial M for Murder
    The Wrong Man
    Family Plot
    Secret Agent
    The Man who Knew Too Much (Original)
    Saboteur
    Suspicion
    Topaz
    The Paradine Case
    I Confess
    The Lodger
    Rich and Strange
    Blackmail
    Mr. and Mrs. Smith
    Number 17
    Jamaica Inn
    Easy Virtue
    The Ring
    The Skin Game
    The Farmer's Wife
    The Manxman
    Champagne

Admittedly, a lot of the final silent films here at the bottom I've only seen once or twice and may deserve higher placing and I did not rank the shorts but I feel comfortable with the list so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    All the Hitchcocks I've seen (45) Ranked

Psycho
    Notorious
    Vertigo
    Rope
    Rear Window
    Strangers on a Train
    Shadow of a Doubt
    North by Northwest
    Frenzy
    The Birds
    The Lady Vanishes
    The 39 Steps
    Spellbound
    Rebecca
    Foreign Correspondent
    Marnie
    Lifeboat
    The Man Who Knew Too Much (remake)
    Stage Fright
    To Catch a Thief
    The Trouble with Harry
    Sabotage
    Torn Curtain
    Murder!
    Dial M for Murder
    The Wrong Man
    Family Plot
    Secret Agent
    The Man who Knew Too Much (Original)
    Saboteur
    Suspicion
    Topaz
    The Paradine Case
    I Confess
    The Lodger
    Rich and Strange
    Blackmail
    Mr. and Mrs. Smith
    Number 17
    Jamaica Inn
    Easy Virtue
    The Ring
    The Skin Game
    The Farmer's Wife
    The Manxman
    Champagne

Admittedly, a lot of the final silent films here at the bottom I've only seen once or twice and may deserve higher placing and I did not rank the shorts but I feel comfortable with the list so far...
    A fun game (maybe) would be to try and write a short story using all the titles of all or most of Hitchcock's films within the narrative

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/ps...e-info/details
    Date: Sunday, September 20

Time: 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. (local time)

Run Time: 2 hours (approximate)

Ticketing: Tickets are available by clicking on the orange “Buy Tickets” button. If online ticketing is not available for your location, you can purchase your tickets by visiting the box office at your local participating cinema. If your nearest theater is not listed, please check back as updates are being made on a regular basis.

Special Fathom Feature: Enjoy a specially produced introduction from Turner Classic Movies for a look into the American psychological thriller directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven’t you? Fathom Events, Turner Classic Movies and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment invite you to relive Alfred Hitchcock’s psychological thriller Psycho (1960) on the big screen for a special two-day only event on Sunday, September 20 and Wednesday, September 23 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. local time.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://www.fathomevents.com/event/ps...e-info/details
    Date: Sunday, September 20

Time: 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. (local time)

Run Time: 2 hours (approximate)

Ticketing: Tickets are available by clicking on the orange “Buy Tickets” button. If online ticketing is not available for your location, you can purchase your tickets by visiting the box office at your local participating cinema. If your nearest theater is not listed, please check back as updates are being made on a regular basis.

Special Fathom Feature: Enjoy a specially produced introduction from Turner Classic Movies for a look into the American psychological thriller directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven’t you? Fathom Events, Turner Classic Movies and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment invite you to relive Alfred Hitchcock’s psychological thriller Psycho (1960) on the big screen for a special two-day only event on Sunday, September 20 and Wednesday, September 23 at 2:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. local time.
    YES! Thanks for the info! I think I'll probably have to go see this one too!

I THINK I WILL PASS.

I would love to have a theater room!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Want to know the best part...IT ALSO

AGE DOES HAVE ITS PRIVILEGES. I WORKED ALL MY LIFE TO FULFILL THIS DREAM.

Country
    Country Flag

I have the bluray and a home theater as well, but it can't compare to an actual movie theater screen. My screen is 103 inches I believe. A movie theater is what, at least ten times that?

Country
    Country Flag

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

The amazing thing about Hitchcock is that his material is still interesting to watch today. My daughter who is 16 will watch his show and movies without once texting anyone.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, Needfulthings, I know you have a super awesome movie collection. I was just wondering, do you collect laser discs? I just got into collecting them. I actually just bought Rope, Rear Window and The Man Who Knew Too Much at Goodwill for a buck each.

Pablo, is that an LED screen you have or do you use a projector? I know Sharp makes some pretty big LED TVs.

My cousin just bought a house with a theater in it in Mass. I'm dying to see it, but I might never leave. It's my dream to have one. Stadium seats and all.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast