Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Aw bummer, yeah I'm Xbox. Cheers though for the info <3

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    That is good to know! I've already failed one daedric quest (Namira) because
    Spoiler:
    I killed all the cannibals at the feast, you have to join them in eating someone to get Namira's item.
    Then yeah, you definitely need to use the exploit. Hopefully you don't fail any other Daedric quest or you're f'd for that achievement. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    what's all this platinum business? I had a look around my profile on the console and couldn't figure that out.
    Are you on an xbox 360 or PS3? PS3 has a platinum that you earn by earning all trophies in a game. But with xbox 360 you don't really earn anything for getting every achievement in a game.
    Whaaaaat ? You don't earn anything on xbox for 100%'ng a game ? That sucks.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh and by the way, I sided with the Imperials in the end. Ulfric was a racist dick. Haha, like how all the exiles at The Palace Of The Kings keep whining about it whilst Ulfric's corpse lies mouldering by the side of the table.

Skyrim is doing weird things to my moral compass.

Traveler eeZee is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Gah, I might have to bite the bullet and get this, but I was really hoping I'd find a way to factor a new PC into my life before that happened. Don't really want to get it for 360 even though I know there's plenty of game there to love. Grr....hmm....ahh...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, about 200+ hours of game time

Also, when the phuck is Dawnguard coming out for PS3 ?

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahhh lolz, just reading back through this and laughing at my days of being a melee, heavy armour chump. Sneak archer all the way now!

I keep signing up for the Elder Scrolls Online beta but they aren't picking me...whyyyyyy?!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I need to cave and just start playing this game. I think I'm way behind the times though
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE playing as a sneaky archer who uses some magic and sword play when somebody gets too close.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post
    Ahhh lolz, just reading back through this and laughing at my days of being a melee, heavy armour chump. Sneak archer all the way now!
    My co worker plays exclusively with heavy armor. He's a 100% melee guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Talky Tina View Post
    I need to cave and just start playing this game. I think I'm way behind the times though
    This game is an instant classic, it's never too late to play it! It's not an online game so there's no intimidation factor of having to learn quickly to keep up with higher skilled players. You can advance at your own pace, you can adjust the difficult setting too.

Demon of the Prim Tatts4Life will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

It's been awhile since I've played this, still haven't beat it yet. But there is this one dragon who is the main bad one that pissed me off at one point. It's the point where you learn the shout to knock dragons out of the sky. Even with my most powerful sword and arrows I wads owing almost no damage. Finally I went and grabbed my best blunt/ melee weapon and a companion and beat him real quick only to have him fly away. I might pick it up again at some point.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The final battle was so anti-climatic for my character. I was max level on just about everything, wearing hand-crafted dragon armor, etc. Took a few minutes and I don;t think I drank one health potion. It was still a fun ride to get there.

I haven't played in a while. Thinking of going back in and building my own house for the hell of it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

HEAAAAATHEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR

(that was a Dragon shout btw^)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes, I have started the game

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Good.

I expect weekly reports.

Well hopefully when I return next week I'll have figured out how to escape

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Heather plays Skyrim!?! Awesome! I bought the game last year for 5 bucks, but haven't played it yet.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Just started it. It's the first video game I've played in years So far I'm loving it.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Just started it. It's the first video game I've played in years So far I'm loving it.
    I wish you knew how happy this made me

Ok, down to basics. You said you picked the Nord class. Here's a listing of the buffs they start off with

A Nord in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
    +10 Two-Handed (25)
    +5 Block (20)
    +5 Light Armor (20)
    +5 One-Handed (20)
    +5 Smithing (20)
    +5 Speech (20)

Starting spells
    Flames (Destruction)
    Healing (Restoration)
    Special abilitiesEdit
    Battle Cry: Target flees for 30 seconds.
    Resist Frost: Your Nord blood gives you 50% resistance to frost.

They're ideally suited for melee combat, especially two handed weapons. During your travels, pick up Light Armor and Two Handed weapons and use those often to increase the skills. Remember, you can only carry a certain amount of 'weight' so choose carefully. Also, don't try to make your character well rounded, i.e focusing on one handed weapons, two handed weapons, archer, dark magic etc., Stick to one or two methods of attack and focus on increasing those all the way.

Also, head to the city of Riverun and look for side quests there. One of the quests there grants you access to a house where you can store all your extra stuff at. Will save you a lot of headaches.

Thanks! Do I need to do two handed, or can I stick with one. That's what I've been using so far.

What do you play as? Should I think about switching my character?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You can stick with one. If you're going to go full melee with one hand, look into picking up a shield for your other hand. You will absolutely need one once you're hacking away at some of the stronger enemies.

I always play as a Dark Elf. They're great with dark magic - I believe they have a 50% + bonus to Fire attacks which is what I use the most - and they can one handle one handed weapons easily. My fighting style is to rush in with a powerful fire attack, and then go in and hack with my sword. Dual wielding a sword in one hand and a spell in the other is where I'm most comfortable. It all depends on your playing style. Some people (like Lisa) like to fight from a distance with bow and arrows, others like me like to get up close and personal. If you think you're going to want to incorporate magic into your repertoire frequently, I suggest switching to one of the Elves. If you think you're going to be using melee a vast majority of the time, stick with Nord. Orcs are fantastic for melee too, those guys are tanks.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Heather plays Skyrim!?! Awesome! I bought the game last year for 5 bucks, but haven't played it yet.
    The fuck are you waiting for!?

I'm the same way, I've just been running up to them and slicing away Don't know how that will work on stronger enemies. I have a shield and a sword that I'm using right now. If I go two handed would I be at a disadvantage to not having a shield?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, yes and no. If you use two handed weapons and no shield you'll expose yourself to attack, but power strikes from two handed weapons are MUCH stronger. If you focus heavily on upgrading the power of your two handed attacks you'll become a melee powerhouse.

I've never used two handed weapons because it feels like if my character is one dimensional, but if that's your style then by all means go for it!

You've already issued points in the level up screen, right? That screen that looks like a constellation and it lets you activate certain nodes? Looks like this

I think so. I've gotten notices that I've increased certain skills. Can I do magic with my character like you can?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup, you can put points in any area you wish. BUT like I mentioned earlier, my advice to you is to try not to be too well rounded. Put stock in the areas you feel you'll use the most.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast