Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Smoke and Mirrors Anyone.. Anyone...?

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Smoke and Mirrors Anyone.. Anyone...?

Well folks anyone hand over hard earned cash to CD for their new upcoming Signed/Limited Smoke + Mirrors (including work by Joe Hill).

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shnnrc01 View Post
    Well folks anyone hand over hard earned cash to CD for their new upcoming Signed/Limited Smoke + Mirrors (including work by Joe Hill).
    I haven't yet but I am.

I'm waiting on confirmation of who is and isn't signing the book.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry. Not going to bite.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Steering clear of CD period.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I bit because there are a lot of authors I love that are in that list, and if Hill and Gaiman sign it, then I want it.

What I did was pre-order it from Horror Mall. I don't have to pay a thing until it's published. So I'm reserved for a copy but I'm not going to pay until Horror Mall actually has the book in hand. (also it was $15 cheaper).

Camelot books also does this. You can reserve a copy and not pay until it's released.
    Geoff

Gunslinger Apprentice Earth's Militant Mind is on a distinguished road Earth's Militant Mind's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Is "Smoke and Mirrors" the name of the book or is CD describing their sales practices?

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

nope its describing their sales practices,oops,sorry i mean the name of the book.my bad!!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I really would like to have that book as well, primarily because of Gaiman and Hill. However when I received the email announcement, I realized that I just don't have it in me to pay Cemetery Dance for yet another book that I won't see for a couple years, if ever. Any other publisher and I would have gone for it.

Now that Geoff has reminded me with his post that there are other "pay later" options, I'll likely order from one of those.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed Patrick. And Geoff, thanks for the reminder that there are other "sources" out there.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice dyetye is on a distinguished road dyetye's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, HorrorMall...this is the first I have ever heard of them? They don't charge you ahead of time? Is this a good place to do business with? I get leary using new sources that I've never heard of. But, I also found BROKEN ON THE WHEEL OF SEX by Jack Ketchum to pre-order as well from them...

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dyetye View Post
    So, HorrorMall...this is the first I have ever heard of them? They don't charge you ahead of time? Is this a good place to do business with? I get leary using new sources that I've never heard of. But, I also found BROKEN ON THE WHEEL OF SEX by Jack Ketchum to pre-order as well from them...
    Horror Mall is the best place to order new books online. Its run by Larry Roberts of Bloodletting Press and Shane Staley of Delirium Books. Every aspect of their business model is designed perfectly for collectors and readers. Decent prices, layaways, pre-orders without pre-payment, no overcharge on shipping, great quality packing on shipments whether its a $1000 limited or a $10 paperback, no hassles if theres a problem with your order. In short, its a great place to do business!

If/when you order, when you get to the checkout just select "Bill Me", and then they send you an invoice when the book is ready to ship.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I didn't see a Bill Me place, but I went ahead and pre-ordered anyways...

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post

Horror Mall is the best place to order new books online.
    Horror Mall really screwed up my one and only order with them. It took weeks to straighten out. Of course this was a very long time ago and I know things like that are bound to happen. Still I've never had the desire to try again and I will stick with Camelot Books.

Country
    Country Flag

and here I am talking them up like theres no tomorrow! I've only ever had one problem, a lost package, and they sent a replacement + bonus books right away.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dyetye View Post
    Thanks. I didn't see a Bill Me place, but I went ahead and pre-ordered anyways...
    I didn't see a Bill Me Later option either. I ordered the book and used the Layaway option. Then I added a note to them that I meant for them to bill me when the book is released, if ever.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I received an email today from Horror Mall regarding the layaway plan. Essentially it's five monthly payments of $28 each. $140 total (including shipping). I input my paypal and it will debit automatically each month until done. I'm sure the book won't be released in four months, but it still feels better than paying CD the full 100% upfront.

Country
    Country Flag

Yah, I'm not sure why the "Bill Me" option wasn't available. At least if CD goes under you'll get your money back this way.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Yah, I'm not sure why the "Bill Me" option wasn't available. At least if CD goes under you'll get your money back this way.
    It's possible the option is not available for new customers? Maybe you have to have purchased a book through them first? I don't know as I've always had that option, but I buy a lot of books through them.
    Geoff

Country
    Country Flag

Well, my card was charged, but I don't mind...i'll just have some splaining to do in a few months...but it could be one of those, "I told you several months ago that I was pre-ordering a couple books" type responses

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I've now completely prepaid Horror Mall for this book through the layaway plan. Anyone hear anything about when it might be released?

On a side note, I find it confusing that CD is releasing a limited edition called SMOKE AND MIRRORS that features a story written by Neil Gaiman while Subterranean is releasing a limited edition called SMOKE AND MIRRORS that is written by Neil Gaiman.

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Patrick, if memory serves me correctly, Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors was originally published in 1998.

Was more than a little surprised to see SubPress doing a limited edition, but I would assume they are picking up where Hill House left off.

As for CD, you would have thought they could have come up with a more original name for the book, especially since they are so original with the delayed publishing excuses.

And yes, I ordered and paid CD for the book in April of this year.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

I pre-ordered the book through Camelot as well...

Citizen of Gilead thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim will become famous soon enough thegreattim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to bump this one from the last page on up. Being a newbie here, I may have missed something elsewhere, but has anyone heard anymore about this book? There's been no chatter for over a year (on this thread anyway), and the production page on the book still shows it as "being designed".

It looks pretty interesting and I think would make a cool match to my long anticipated Screamplays that I pre-ordered some time back.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just thinking over the weekend that there are probably a few books I have on order that I can no longer name, but are still out there bought and paid for. This was one of them. Thank you, Tim.

Hopefully Brian Freeman can give us an update, and ideally it will be good news.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone heard anything on Cemetery Dance's SMOKE AND MIRRORS?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast