Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The SK Collection at the Fogler Library

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    That's kind of strange that they'd let non-King stuff get mixed in. You'd think it would be better organized.
    I'm done library school by the end of next year. Maybe they'll hire me to organize it!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

If I were King, I seriously rethink allowing the Folger Library people to handle my offerings. Such a thing happening indicates some serious deficiencies in their procedures.

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be happy to go and tidy it (if they pay the traveling;..)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    If I were King, I seriously rethink allowing the Folger Library people to handle my offerings. Such a thing happening indicates some serious deficiencies in their procedures.

John
    The quote from the Moderator seems to indicate the boxes from King's office are what has the non-King material mixed in...if so, it's SK's office's screwup, not the library. If I were King, I would seriously rethink allowing Stephen King to handle my writings. Haha...

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

One of the items the authors of Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished is They Bite, a screenplay, which was not written by King, but by Dan O'Bannon - a trial script, if you like, before he wrote Alien instead. I'm not sure why it's in King's collection, maybe he was given the chance to read and enjoy, comment, even rewrite, but so far I've only been able to Google a lot of articles where it clearly shows it's written by O'Bannon - who, by the way, never mentions King at all in connection with this script.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Im hopefully going to be visiting maine next autum thanks to my Grandmother, i would love a look in that place!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You should check ahead, as they might not be available for public viewing at this time.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the advice Jerome!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes. The last news I got was that since there was such a mess with the boxes, the boxes were now not available for the public to see.
    Maybe they're "back" already. Check with the University library.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fresh link: http://www.library.umaine.edu/specco...s/Kingstep.htm
    Box 2702:
    Misc. The Bone Men-By Joe Eastman/written by Joe King
    Children of Tomorrow- by Naomi King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still wondering about that CARRIE 'foundry proof'. Is that the mythical oblong 'true' proof?

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

They still have the They Bite screenplay listed, but that was not written by King, but he probably got a copy from Dan O'Bannon to read and enjoy.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I plan to go and stop by in July, but I can't call from here. Can I go without an appointment?

Did you go in the end?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope. I wasn't lucky enough at the end. Maybe next trip
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Any updates to this in the past 6 years?
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Still planning to go...one day
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Did SK's house already opened as a museum? I remember reading that the Foggler collection was to be moved there.

I know it'd not be open for anyone but I haven't heard about that project since it was announced a couple of years ago.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

COVID slowed down their plans. I was able to work with the curator to get some documents for my latest book, but I don't think anything is open.

Country
    Country Flag

My understanding was that it would be archives (probably personal archives, and getting back the Fogler ones), not a museum

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    My understanding was that it would be archives (probably personal archives, and getting back the Fogler ones), not a museum
    That's what I understood. Certainly not open to the everyday person.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I didn't know how to put it in English so I added it wasn't going to be opened.

Thanks Bev for the insight! Was this info added to your recently published book or an upcoming one?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I think a lot of the material has been--or in the process of being--digitized. The documents I requested had already been scanned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3