Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Chapter 71 of Sword in the Darkness + poem - 'Dino'

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Chapter 71 of Sword in the Darkness + poem - 'Dino'

Just read at Liljas....... in the FOURTH edition of
    Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished. .....
    ......And also, don't forget the book has a story by King that ONLY appears in this book
    - Chapter 71 of Sword in the Darkness; and also a poem - 'Dino' and this is the only book that poem appears in.

http://www.liljas-library.com/

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Don't believe everything you read.

The Sword in the Darkness is only ONE chapter. So it's not a story, only an extract.
    Dino was first published in Salt Hill Journal #1, Syracuse University, Autumn 1994.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Story - Extract - it's till original SK content!

And I bet it's not too easy to track down a Salt Hill Journal #1!

The book is also for a great cause IMHO. I've met Rocky twice and he is teriffic - it's so unfortunate that he has fallen victum to Lou Gherig's disease. The profits from this book are earmarked for the device that will help Rocky continue to communicate once his disease progresses to the point where it robs him of all muscular movement. It's the same device that Stephen Hawking uses to communicate with! I'm all for it if it extends his quality of life!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm happy with my original edition for now. I'd love to get a book now that will actually contain all these stories it talks about. But we probably won't see that for decades yet.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm happy with my original edition for now. I'd love to get a book now that will actually contain all these stories it talks about. But we probably won't see that for decades yet.
    Unfortunately you are right. In 2009 I submitted to SK and his agent a very generous proposal (all profits to Haven Foundation) for a limited edition of Sword In The Darkness but it was declined. Understanding that the story would have had some shortcomings I still think it was worth issuing in a limited run format for hardcore readers.

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

The revised version will contain comments and statements from King himself on many rare stories and unpublished stuff so a lot of mysteries will be solved. That, for me, makes me appreciate this new version a lot.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    The revised version will contain comments and statements from King himself on many rare stories and unpublished stuff so a lot of mysteries will be solved. That, for me, makes me appreciate this new version a lot.
    Have you read it yet, or is that what is purported to be in the book? FYI, KIng is notoriously forgetful/changing/adding/subtracting on "memories" about a book, story, comment etc. Current quotes about things 40+ years ago should be taken in the context of someone "reminiscing".

It's in the press release at Overlook Connection. Much more details there.

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

the quotes from King are worth it. the information will be in the next edition of my bibliography as well. i helped Rocky by passing along questions about some of the more obscure stuff (stuff that only myself and a handful of people here would even care about) and to my delight, a good many of them were actually answered.

as far as King's memory being a bit faulty, in the course of my research, i have found that to be true. either he contradicts himself in interviews/articles or what he says is just plain incorrect. as far as most of the new information goes, trust me, we won't ever have it become any clearer. we are talking about stuff that was lost or no longer exists, stuff that he may have only mentioned once in passing. it isn't as if these are the sorts of questions that could be answered by manuscripts being discovered in the future, etc. these are literally quotes from King concerning bibliographic details that only he (not Marsha or anyone else) would be able to provide. i say that only he could provide information, because, as some of you know, Rocky and i have provided copies of "lost" King work to his office before, so we are talking about things that, if they weren't cleared up at this precise time through our research and King's generous answers, would have remained mysteries forever unless someone else got King to open up about them, which is highly doubtful, because what interviewer in their right mind is going to ask him about something like The Doors or The Corner?

get excited!

-justin

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by you ever seen a ghost? View Post
    the quotes from King are worth it. the information will be in the next edition of my bibliography as well. i helped Rocky by passing along questions about some of the more obscure stuff (stuff that only myself and a handful of people here would even care about) and to my delight, a good many of them were actually answered.

as far as King's memory being a bit faulty, in the course of my research, i have found that to be true. either he contradicts himself in interviews/articles or what he says is just plain incorrect. as far as most of the new information goes, trust me, we won't ever have it become any clearer. we are talking about stuff that was lost or no longer exists, stuff that he may have only mentioned once in passing. it isn't as if these are the sorts of questions that could be answered by manuscripts being discovered in the future, etc. these are literally quotes from King concerning bibliographic details that only he (not Marsha or anyone else) would be able to provide. i say that only he could provide information, because, as some of you know, Rocky and i have provided copies of "lost" King work to his office before, so we are talking about things that, if they weren't cleared up at this precise time through our research and King's generous answers, would have remained mysteries forever unless someone else got King to open up about them, which is highly doubtful, because what interviewer in their right mind is going to ask him about something like The Doors or The Corner?

get excited!

-justin
    Thanks for your comments. Is there enough new unpiblished/trunk novel info since the 2006 revision to make it worth acquiring? I have really enjoyed my editions of this book and find insights into SK's unpublished novels/novel ideas the most interesting aspect of the book.

Gunslinger Apprentice you ever seen a ghost? is on a distinguished road

you are talking about Rocky's book and not mine, correct?

in either case, i'd say "yes."

-justin

Quote Originally Posted by you ever seen a ghost? View Post
    you are talking about Rocky's book and not mine, correct?

in either case, i'd say "yes."

-justin
    Thanks Justin.

Hopefully some of the things being cleared up is whether or not he wrote screenplays for Poltergeist and They Bite (my bet is no) or if The Doors really wasn't just a fragment of Drawing of the Three (my bet is yes). If there really is a SK Library letter titled Welcome to the Library. And gosh, so many other things. So yeah this book is important.