Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 343 of 430 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 10742

Thread: Introduce yourself

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Most of us consider Brits normal.

Welcome to the site!
    should that be that you consider MOST of the Brits normal?

Welcome Tallulah - good to see the UK contingent growing
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Traveler Tallulah will become famous soon enough Tallulah's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks stroppygoblin!! And yep, def normal!
    :-)

Gunslinger Apprentice André Linoge is on a distinguished road André Linoge's Avatar

New member here. Attended the Finders Keepers signing in Bridgton today, and decided to join the tdt.org clan.

How did you discover the Dark Tower?

Picked up a copy of the Gunslinger while I was at Borders with my family- age 14.

Who is your favorite character?

So many...though I've always been partial to Roland and Oy.

What is your favorite book?

Has to be DTI. I fell in love with the series after the first few pages of that book. It's still pretty magical to me, even years later.

How old are you?

Where are you from?

Maine

do you have a nickname?

"Joe" is just fine.

how did you find this site?

Researching the Finders Keepers signing, and meeting Randall Flagg there in person (sorry, still learning names).

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Joe! You will find a nice community here.

Gunslinger Apprentice André Linoge is on a distinguished road André Linoge's Avatar

Thanks, Dan! Seems like a great site. I'm surprised it took me so long to find you all, haha

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Joe! Please feel free to post often!

John

Traveler moreotter will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Breezy

Hello, everyone! I've spent the past few days quietly perving everyones collections on the forum, and it's been absolutely delightful as I've battled a summer cold. I figured I'd introduce myself so I'd feel slightly less creepy.

I was a King fan in general, but had to be talked into giving DT a try since I didn't normally read "fantasy." Once "WOtC" was announced I figured it was time to dive in, and I'm so glad I did.

Toss-up between Roland and Jake.

I refuse to choose.

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Currently Las Vegas

Do you have a nickname?
    Steph works

How did you find this site?
    I love looking at book collections of others, and this place is a freakin' jackpot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Steph! Please become an active member!

John

Traveler Daggers will become famous soon enough Daggers's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    My friend..I recommend a sheep...more fun on cold nights!!
    Plenty of them in Wales, I could introduce you?

Traveler Daggers will become famous soon enough Daggers's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love WOTC, welcome Tallulah, us Brits are all totally normal I was thinking of investing in a kindle to carry my DT and Sk collection around.
    Do you know if the books are available to download and where did you get your digital versions from?

Ta for now.

Traveler Seasick Pirate will become famous soon enough Seasick Pirate's Avatar

Hey all, I finally finished reading the entire series a little more than a month ago. I still have pars stuck in my head like an old song, and will re-read entire sections a a time. Glad to see so many others still share an interest with these books!

My mother was a huge Stephen King fan. When she got an illustrated copy of The Gunslinger, I ended up carrying it around for a long time, only looking at the illustrations. Throughout the years (usually when a new book was published) I'd try reading [i]The Gunslinger[/] but never getting too far into it. I guess it was never the right time for me.

Fast forward a couple decades, and I decided to try again. This time I blasted through the first book, and jumped right into the next, until the series was done. And I loved the journey the whole time.

Of course, Roland was appealing as the stoic hero. But I found Eddie the be relatable (despite not actually having much in common), and I found myself rooting for him at mos times.

The Drawing of the Three. This is when I knew there were other worlds than these.

How old are you?

30-something.

Where are you from?

(Originally) New Hampshire.

do you have a nickname?

Not really.

how did you find this site?

I've been wanting a Dark Tower-related tattoo since finishing the series. I went looking around to see if anyone else wanted to permanently mark their body after reading these books too. Makes me feel better I'm not the only one!

Traveler TCastle will become famous soon enough TCastle's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I am 26 and from New Hampshire and heard about this site from some people at the book signing for Finders Keepers on July 12. They handed out some cards with the website info on it. Obviously I couldnt wait to get home and check it out. Im sure this will become a new addiction for me.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to the Site
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

“So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall.”
    ― Roald Dahl

who needs the tv anyway when there are just so many good books out there

Demon of the Prim killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72 is a jewel in the rough killjoy72's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Seems we've got quite a few new members joining from the latest signing. Pretty cool!
    WELCOME ALL!!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Met some nice people form this site and they handed out cards with the sites info on it

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, all new members!

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome everyone!

John

Traveler 09stacyl will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Hello, I'm a new member. Another Brit for the collection! I've been reading TDT for about 4 weeks continuously and I'm nearly at the end of book VII. I found this site on Friday night, I was absolutely in bits because I'd read about Jake's *spoilers* (dunno if you do that here but better safe than sorry) horrible end. I had also been gutted on Thursday night because of Eddie! I honestly felt like I'd been through the ringer last week. Up and down because on Saturday I read about Roland getting to the Tet HQ and was actually weeping with joy! (Which is not like me at all!)don't know anyone who has read any of these books so I was looking for at least someone who wouldn't think I was so weird getting so upset over imaginary people. After spending so much time reading this story I'm so invested in these characters it was like losing family. So cheers for existing! I have been hearing about TDT for years and have been wanting to read them but it kinda seemed like a big project so kept putting it off.I don't think I can even say who my favourite character is, it's too difficult! My favourite book is The Drawing of the Three. I'm 37 but turn 38 on Saturday (18th July) I'm from Salford have no nickname and have already told you that I found this site while looking for tea and sympathy after the loss of 'our Jake'. Anyway that's me!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome all!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome Stacy! The characters in The Dark Tower are not imaginative--they're real to just about everyone here!

John

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Oy!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Traveler 09stacyl will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Cheers for the welcome and of course they're real people, otherwise I may really be going bonkers!

Traveler spacewalker is on a distinguished road spacewalker's Avatar

Long days and pleasant nights, all.

I've decided to no longer be a silent participant within this fandom and celebration of all things related to the Dark Tower (and what's not, really?). My name is Nicole, and I'll allow the answers to the posted introductory questions speak more for myself than any paragraph I might spin:

My mother disliked the amount of time I spent reading Anne Rice and other vampire related fiction, so she purchased a copy of The Gunslinger in an attempt to divert my obsession. Silly thing merely gave me something else to adore. (This was, I wot, when I was thirteen or fourteen.)

In a pinch, I'd say Roland. Cuthbert is a very close second, however. (Talk about different character types.)

The Vampire Lestat

How old are you?

Where are you from?
    Indiana, though I call New Orleans home and never intend to leave.

Do you have a nickname?
    Nicki

How did you find this site?
    “Ka was like a wheel, its one purpose to turn, and in the end it always came back to the place where it had started.” (From The Waste Lands)

Many-a many-ago I was registered on this site. I'm thinking circa 2007 or so (I'm guessing based on remembrance of internet performance). I don't remember my old username or if I was ever particularly friendly with any specific individuals. I was young and the world has moved on. I'm back now, and thrilled to be.

Thank ye all for reading this. We're well met, I hope?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 343 of 430 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 ... LastLast