Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Doctor Sleep Colorado 9/25/2013

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Stephen King Doctor Sleep Colorado 9/25/2013

Recent torrential rains and flooding in the Boulder and Estes Park areas of Colorado have closed Estes Park.
    The Stanley Hotel is in Estes Park. They report minimal damage, however the park itself is closed indefinitely and thus the hotel (and all other hotels in Estes Park) can not be accessed.
    That is the bad news for those of us planning on staying at The Stanley.

The GOOD news is that the King event at Chautaqua Park is on schedule, and cottages in the park are fully functional.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

They have a week to clear the road. One web site said there is a road cleared being used for utility and repair vehicles so I've got my fingers crossed the hotel will be accessible by Tues
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have my fingers crossed, but it doesn't look promising. Now I am trying to figure out things to do in Boulder.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Update:
    Highway 7 just opened for visitors. Not the easiest way to access the park.
    Tried to call The Stanley, but oddly enough, no answer.

Edit:
    Hotel is open and accepting guests who can get there.
    It take twice as long to access Estes Park via highway 7 compared to highway 36, but hopefully in 6 days conditions will have greatly improved.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As of right now the only route to go from Denver to Estes Park is through Idaho Springs. The route back from estes Park to Boulder is equally challenging.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The really good news is that Estes Park Brewery and Tommyknocker (sic) brewery are both open.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

You've got to be kidding ... had no idea he was coming to Colorado. When was it announced? Not that it matters, sold out now. That really fuxking sucks.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

From Estes Park Facebook:
    "Thank you to all of our friends close to home and across the globe who have helped Estes Park begin the recovery of the recent flooding. There is still a far way to go, but Estes Park is open and welcoming guests! Your words of strength and encouragement have contributed to the overwhelming power of this community that is #MountainStrong!"

Directions to park via Highway 7:
    https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=G...=h&mra=ls&z=10

Hotels and other businesses open:
    http://www.visitestespark.com/maps-a...coloradoflood/

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    You've got to be kidding ... had no idea he was coming to Colorado. When was it announced? Not that it matters, sold out now. That really fuxking sucks.
    Weird. Thot I Pmed you to see if you were going.

RF thanks for the research, directions etc. Still hoping the main road will reopen before Tues but good to know there is access regardless.
    reality continues to ruin my life

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Weird. Thot I Pmed you to see if you were going.

RF thanks for the research, directions etc. Still hoping the main road will reopen before Tues but good to know there is access regardless.
    Highly unlikely.

http://google.org/crisismap/2013-boulder-floods

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey TN - Last PMs between us were re the EOTD proof, two weeks or so ago ... but your post did get me looking to see what I might have missed and I found where Explorer e-mailed me (I think ... it wasn't a PM, only went to my e-mail) on Monday and I didn't catch it. Thanks man! Sorry I missed it, though may not have made a difference anyway. I checked StubHub and Craigslist last night; I can go if I don't mind spending $200+ on tickets. NOT! Can't really justify that cost, especially as I'd have to take a day or two off of work as well. And no guarantee of a book? Nah.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey TN - Last PMs between us were re the EOTD proof, two weeks or so ago ... but your post did get me looking to see what I might have missed and I found where Explorer e-mailed me (I think ... it wasn't a PM, only went to my e-mail) on Monday and I didn't catch it. Thanks man! Sorry I missed it, though may not have made a difference anyway. I checked StubHub and Craigslist last night; I can go if I don't mind spending $200+ on tickets. NOT! Can't really justify that cost, especially as I'd have to take a day or two off of work as well. And no guarantee of a book? Nah.
    Well. I was wondering also if you were kidding about not knowing. Thought for sure you would be joining the crew that will meet up there. If is workable, an easy drive and you want to come join us for the enjoyment of our company and the opportunity to see/hear Mr King, I do have one extra ticket still..... However it does comes with the caveat that I GET the BOOK..... (sorry that is the best I can offer as I have a request for spare signed books).

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The folks at The Stanley are very kind. Just received this response to an inquiry I made:

"Mr. Smith,

We did have room 217 available for the night of your stay, so I gave you a complimentary upgrade into that room. Unfortunately, our regular tours of the hotel have been suspended through the end of October. But if you would like to arrange a private tour, you are still able to do so."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The folks at The Stanley are very kind. Just received this response to an inquiry I made:

"Mr. Smith,

We did have room 217 available for the night of your stay, so I gave you a complimentary upgrade into that room. Unfortunately, our regular tours of the hotel have been suspended through the end of October. But if you would like to arrange a private tour, you are still able to do so."
    Well done!!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"Mr. Smith,

How freaking awesome is that Jerome - congratulation !!! (and we all hope to see you on the other side )
    We all float down here!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

My wife isn't so happy....
    She refuses to take a bath in the tub....

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

"Mr. Smith,

Very cool.... So , MAYBE we'll see you two on the 25th.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

"Mr. Smith,

That's great, Jerome. Spoooky!!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

"Mr. Smith,

You still considering Paris, Jim?

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post

"Mr. Smith,

You still considering Paris, Jim?
    I kind of doubt it. Did not get tickets.... We are doing NYC on 24th and then flying (with the King) to Denver early on 25th for Boulder event. Have friends going to Cambridge event on our tickets... and will attend PEN event in Toronto .. The wife did act like was interested however I think we were only dreaming. We have never been to Paris....would love to go however think we'll have to make our next visit with Steve when he returns to Sarasota FL

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

We are looking forward to visiting with whoever we can while at the various venues.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well. I was wondering also if you were kidding about not knowing. Thought for sure you would be joining the crew that will meet up there. If is workable, an easy drive and you want to come join us for the enjoyment of our company and the opportunity to see/hear Mr King, I do have one extra ticket still..... However it does comes with the caveat that I GET the BOOK..... (sorry that is the best I can offer as I have a request for spare signed books).
    Dude, you're the best ... first drink is in me if this all comes together. I'll give you a definitive answer tomorrow (Friday) morning, I need to make sure that I can clear my work schedule for the 25th and 26th. Unfortunately 85 of our company "teammates" got notice yesterday that they are being let go on 30 Sep, so as a result many have unsurprisingly decided to take all of their vacation and floating holidays next week ... we're thinking it may be a pretty rough time (business must continue).

Please let me know the gathering plans, would be great to meet everyone. Would definitely be great to meet everyone in Room 217! My best friend's son goes to school in Boulder, I can give him a yell to try and get more of the local travel updates over the coming days.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My wife isn't so happy....
    She refuses to take a bath in the tub....
    That's your fault for marrying a FILTHY woman.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

"Mr. Smith,

I'm sure we will all gather.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast