Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 672 of 889 FirstFirst ... 172 572 622 662 670 671 672 673 674 682 722 772 ... LastLast
Results 16,776 to 16,800 of 22221

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    I don't think so.
    Was there a limit to how many AE Shinings you could buy from CD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC, the limit was 1. Official book dealers that CD has a relationship MAY have been allowed more, but that is speculation on my part, so don't quote me.
    If my math is correct, he's already sold 15 Gift Edition The Shining's. So, that means he's had 25 Gift and 7+ AE's. Not sure eBay lists all sold books since it doesn't show any AE's being sold by him, yet Andy stated above he purchased one of each. Weird.

Either way, that's a heckuva lot of books to buy. Not that it's a bad thing, just seems odd. Could he be selling the AE's on a consignment like setup? Or, it's a group of people just combining their resources and trying to start a business? That would explain the high number of AE's...Just guessing now

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Regarding purchasing multiple copies of The Shining, the CD website stated the following: Ordering Multiple Copies:
    Please note that we cannot combine multiple orders, so if you want to save on shipping, please place one order.
    That is for the lowest priced (1/3,000) gift edition.

EDIT: I'm not sure about Night Shift and The Shining Artist Editions. There may have been no limit.

I do know that for the King signed Sleeping Beauties, there was a 1 per person limit.
    If down the road the seller offers numerous copies of the S/L Sleeping Beauties, that would be weird.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think so.

IIRC, the limit was 1. Official book dealers that CD has a relationship MAY have been allowed more, but that is speculation on my part, so don't quote me.
    If my math is correct, he's already sold 15 Gift Edition The Shining's. So, that means he's had 25 Gift and 7+ AE's. Not sure eBay lists all sold books since it doesn't show any AE's being sold by him, yet Andy stated above he purchased one of each. Weird.

Either way, that's a heckuva lot of books to buy. Not that it's a bad thing, just seems odd. Could he be selling the AE's on a consignment like setup? Or, it's a group of people just combining their resources and trying to start a business? That would explain the high number of AE's...Just guessing now
    If it helps at all, I got #4 of the artist edition. I don't know if CD track who orders which numbers...
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

I don't think so.

Book dealers are allowed more. The limit is usually one, but people often slip through these limitations since the checks have to be done manually.

edit: Also I know exactly who they went to, and it wasn't a book dealer.

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Any word on City of Mirrors? Or a slipcase for the 3 books?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    Any word on City of Mirrors? Or a slipcase for the 3 books?
    The City of Mirrors should be headed to the printer soon. Once we have a finished copy of the book, we'll send a set of the trilogy to our slipcase maker to work on the sizing template and a quote for the case.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

My Shining gift & artist editions arrived today from PS. Beautiful work from CD as ever

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I just ordered my Night Shift gift & artist editions from PS Publishing.
    It's great that you guys at Cemetery Dance let us do this in the UK. The saving on the shipping practically got me the gift edition for free!
    I've ordered all of the Doubleday Years editions this way so far and it's been great so big thanks to CD & PS

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    It's great that you guys at Cemetery Dance let us do this in the UK. The saving on the shipping practically got me the gift edition for free!
    I've ordered all of the Doubleday Years editions this way so far and it's been great so big thanks to CD & PS
    Stop stealing our copies, ya bugger! . Seriously though, Congrats, Alan!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Stop stealing our copies, ya bugger! . Seriously though, Congrats, Alan!
    Haha cheers Brian.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'll second that! Order Night Shift earlier today.

Thanks CD/PS

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Are you guys still putting out We are all in this Together?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    As far as I'm aware we are. Brian may have more details than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    Yep, hopefully this winter!
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Got my copy of Overlook's Dark Tower portfolio yesterday - didn't even recall ordering it since I don't really collect portfolios. DAMN that thing is big! .....that's what he said...

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I recall hearing that CD would be publishing an S/L of STRANGE WEATHER but haven't heard anything since. Is the ordering announcement still pending or did I miss it?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Quote Originally Posted by surly View Post
    I recall hearing that CD would be publishing an S/L of STRANGE WEATHER but haven't heard anything since. Is the ordering announcement still pending or did I miss it?
    Waiting for all of the artwork to be delivered before we announce it officially!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Does CD's Salem's Lot have the same text/contents as the Centipede Press edition? It seems to, based on descriptions I've seen (I only own the CD editiion).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Does CD's Salem's Lot have the same text/contents as the Centipede Press edition? It seems to, based on descriptions I've seen (I only own the CD editiion).
    I believe the afterword by Clive Barker is the main difference in terms of the text, but it's been a while since I worked on the project, so someone else will need to confirm.

Brian

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thanks
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I believe the afterword by Clive Barker is the main difference in terms of the text, but it's been a while since I worked on the project, so someone else will need to confirm.

Brian
    What about all the formatting issues you guys had to fix? Did CP fix them too or did you guys just get a bum copy?

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    What about all the formatting issues you guys had to fix? Did CP fix them too or did you guys just get a bum copy?
    Our files came from the trade publisher for the "illustrated" reprint edition, so I really don't know. They were the most awful Quark files I've ever sorted through, I do remember that.

Brian

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Our files came from the trade publisher for the "illustrated" reprint edition, so I really don't know. They were the most awful Quark files I've ever sorted through, I do remember that.

Brian
    IIRC that's the trade version of CP's edition but that may be complete assumption on my part. I'm just going of the fact they use the same images

Brian
    IIRC that's the trade version of CP's edition but that may be complete assumption on my part. I'm just going of the fact they use the same images
    Yep, that's always been my assumption. I've never heard how the deal actually happened because it's a pretty unusual situation. After-the-fact Limited Edition includes bonus material, which is then used for a special trade hardcover edition from the trade publisher, essentially.

Brian

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Brian

Just read a bit about Quark. They killed the goose that laid the golden egg.
    Working with it must have been migraine inducing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 672 of 889 FirstFirst ... 172 572 622 662 670 671 672 673 674 682 722 772 ... LastLast