Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Greatest Movie Scene of All Time - Nominations Thread

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #4
    Risky Business
    Underwear/Dance Scene
    Paul Brickman
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The list of individual seconds/nominations is up to date. Some of you folks need to start doing more seconding. The ratio of nominations to seconds is way out of balance for some.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...H24/edit#gid=0
    Honestly, I was ready to second/third a scene, but found no scene I liked enough.
    Instead, another nomination:

I really wanted to nominate a scene from a charley Chaplin movie. I found three scenes I love:
    *the fork dance (from the Gold Rush - awesome movie, awesome scene)
    *welfare officers scene (The Kid, 1921)

Instead, I went for my third option, a scene still relevant today, and one of the best (movie) speeches ever!

nomination #11

scene: final speech
    film: the Great Dictator
    director: Charlie Chaplin
    written by: Charlie Chaplin
    starring: Charlie Chaplin

Can I second this now?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The list has been updated. I will be gone this weekend, but I hope to check in as long as I can get wifi. It looks like you guys have been doing a good job of updating the list, which is cool.

I know the nomination process is taking longer than most people would like. Honestly, I think the real issue right now is there are only 19 (would you expect any other number?) people who have nominated films. Of those, there's really only about 15 or so considering the rest have only made a nomination or two.

I'm not sure there are enough Regs to sustain the nomination process in this current format.
    We'll make amendments soon. It was more or less a beta test to see how it would work, and I think it worked a little too well. I figured we'd have to accelerate things as it went. I was more concerned about stretching it out in the beginning so people could participate or at least be aware they could participate without it being over and done with in less than a week. People have a lot of seconds to burn through still so we'll see the list fill up far faster when we hit that point. I'm thinking we'll decrease the time in between to 4 posts instead of 5, that will speed things up. Next weekend we'll see where we're at by then, and we'll probably the drop the wait time to 3 posts next weekend and make sure everyone is re-upped on noms/seconds. I'm going to contact Jerome to see if we can get a site announcement up too...might bring in some more people.

Thanks to everyone for updating that list. I haven't been online much the last couple of days because I've been busy. I'll be around the next few days though except for Sunday night which is Wrasslemania.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

second #9

opening scene: A Clockwork Orange

sk

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone made an error on my second for Al Capone's baseball bat...I didn't second that. I've never even seen The Untouchables in its entirety. I'll have to see what happened. EDIT - I see what happened now. Sentinel seconded two scenes and I agree with T-Dogz that we should let his first second count, which was the untouchables scenes. I said I'd second it in that I'd tabulate it like that.

Second #2
    Stuck in the Middle With You - Reservoir Dogs

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    The list of individual seconds/nominations is up to date. Some of you folks need to start doing more seconding. The ratio of nominations to seconds is way out of balance for some.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...H24/edit#gid=0
    Honestly, I was ready to second/third a scene, but found no scene I liked enough.
    Instead, another nomination:

I really wanted to nominate a scene from a charley Chaplin movie. I found three scenes I love:
    *the fork dance (from the Gold Rush - awesome movie, awesome scene)
    *welfare officers scene (The Kid, 1921)

Instead, I went for my third option, a scene still relevant today, and one of the best (movie) speeches ever!

nomination #11

scene: final speech
    film: the Great Dictator
    director: Charlie Chaplin
    written by: Charlie Chaplin
    starring: Charlie Chaplin

Can I second this now?
    Tommy, you are better off re-nominating your chosen scene from Scream, as you previously nominated it out of turn.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Nomination #11

Scene: "What's your Favorite Scary Movie?"
    Film: Scream
    Director: Craven
    Year: 1996

Super duper crap quality of picture here but it's the only clip I've found that contains the full scene. I will continue looking but I'm willing to bet the vast majority of participants have seen it already!

Tommy, you nominated out of turn again. LOL!

There were only 3 other seconds/nominations from the point when you thirded Rope to making this nomination.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Nomination #6

Scene: I hope
    Film: Shawshank Redemption
    Director: Frank Darabont
    Year: 1994

No matter how many times I watch this scene, it still gives me goosebumps.

Spoiler:
    Seconded!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination 2:
    Scene: Chest defibrillation
    Film: The Thing
    Director: John Carpenter
    Year: 1982
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjIXwkX1e48
    P2

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 10

Scene: Ripley vs Alien Queen
    Movie: Aliens
    Year: 1986
    Director: James Cameron
    Spoilers: Yes (climax of the movie)

"Get away from her you BITCH!!!"

This scene was uploaded to YouTube in 3 parts, but at least it's in HD....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 10

Seconded for sure!

I believe that was my 3rd Second.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    NOMINATION # 10

Seconded for sure!

Fuck yeah!!!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok, its been several days since I checked out this thread. I see that there is now a spreadsheet to track things. Can I make a suggestion that there be a link to this spreadsheet on post #1?

Also, would it be possible to include the links in the spreadsheet? If time permits, maybe I will put in a link for all of my scenes. Having said that, I suggest people double check their own
    nom/sec list. I found an error where a movie I had seconded was listed as a nomination, I have fixed it.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Second # 6
    "I expect you to die!" - Goldfinger.

You know I was going to go through the bond movies and see which ones deserved nomination. For Goldfinger I was going nominate the scene where he finds Jill Masterson painted in gold. I can't believe this scene wasn't my original thought. I would have posted it immediatly, it is my favorite Bond scene of all time. I am truly ashamed of myself. Just glad I can help to get it into the next stage.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post
    Nomination 2:
    when its my turn again, I will be 2nding this for sure. The Thing is one of my fav's. I have fond memories of watching this with some friends on VHS. It was one of the first movies I ever saw on VHS (I think the first was American Werewolf in London). I remember during this scene was the first time I had ever heard the word "gnarly" (is that spelled right?). Now I can't hear that word without thinking about that head crawling away.

The sound track to this movie is awesome.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #8

Dinner Scene #2 - American Beauty (1999)
    Directed by: Sam Mendes
    Spoiler:

This scene is just utter perfection. The whole movie is perfection, but this scene is so well acted and written and absolutely hilarious that it just encapsulates the whole film brilliantly. It functions so well as a juxtaposition of the first dinner scene, which is totally reserved and fully of phony dialogue in the first dinner scene. So many great nuances, like the way Kevin Spacey grabs the plate lol. One of my favourite films of all time and what I considered to the best the best film of it's decade.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nomination #13: The Rome taxi scene from Night on Earth (1991), directed by Jim Jarmusch:

This is the full Rome sequence from the great Night on Earth, and the whole thing can be nominated, but specifically the Roberto Benigni monologue once he picks up the padre, which is at 6:00. And the monologue begins at 10:00. Awesome performance, one of my favorite comedy scenes of all time.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    NOMINATION # 9

Scene: The kitchen knife fight
    Movie: The Raid 2
    Year: 2014
    Director: Gareth Evans
    Spoilers: No

One of the most epic and brutal fight scenes ever put to celluloid.

Dammmmmm. I'll be back to second this one when I can brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seconded!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 10

Seconded for sure!

Third (My 2nd third)

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Ok, its been several days since I checked out this thread. I see that there is now a spreadsheet to track things. Can I make a suggestion that there be a link to this spreadsheet on post #1?

Also, would it be possible to include the links in the spreadsheet? If time permits, maybe I will put in a link for all of my scenes. Having said that, I suggest people double check their own
    nom/sec list. I found an error where a movie I had seconded was listed as a nomination, I have fixed it.
    I just included a link to the google sheet at the top of the very first post that way everyone can find it easily.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Nomination #5

The Night of the Hunter - Leaning Scene
    Director: Charles Laughton
    Year: 1955

Spoiler:

I really fear this might be a wasted nomination, but it is one of my all-time favorite scenes. It's stuck with me since the moment I first saw it. It is superbly executed. I love the creative use of lighting, and how creepy it makes the scene. And just a little backstory for those that have not seen the film is that Robert Mitchum (who we see singing outside the house) has been pursuing these two young children who are hiding out in the house.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Matt. I forgot to ask you to put the link at the top of the very first post. EDIT: Thank you, Heather.

I started hyperlinking each scene, but it makes it impossible to cut and paste a scene out of one category into another, which is what we need to make it easy to update the list. Let me know if you figure out a better way to do it though.

I agree, everybody should check the list for accuracy. There's a lot of info being thrown around here. Mistakes are bound to happen.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post
    Nomination 2:
    when its my turn again, I will be 2nding this for sure. The Thing is one of my fav's. I have fond memories of watching this with some friends on VHS. It was one of the first movies I ever saw on VHS (I think the first was American Werewolf in London). I remember during this scene was the first time I had ever heard the word "gnarly" (is that spelled right?). Now I can't hear that word without thinking about that head crawling away.

The sound track to this movie is awesome.
    second #7

As promised.
    Wanted:

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

NOMINATION # 10

Seconded for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    NOMINATION # 10

Seconded for sure!

Third (My 2nd third)
    We need to check up on both of these. I see this as Feev's first second and we didn't have anything down for RUBE at all prior to this post.

If you guys could tell us what you seconded previously, that would help.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, Matt. I forgot to ask you to put the link at the top of the very first post. EDIT: Thank you, Heather.

I started hyperlinking each scene, but it makes it impossible to cut and paste a scene out of one category into another, which is what we need to make it easy to update the list. Let me know if you figure out a better way to do it though.

I agree, everybody should check the list for accuracy. There's a lot of info being thrown around here. Mistakes are bound to happen.
    If you right click and 'insert link', you can copy/paste the cell and it takes the link with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast