Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mad Men

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Mad Men

Seriously, am I the only one addicted to this show? It's awesome! I'd love to hear from others who are into it!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I watched Season One this summer via OnDemand, and have been keeping up with the second season that way, too. I think it's a very interesting show, a window into a strange time: the early 1960s. The way men treat women is just shocking, and the amount these guys drink gives me cirrhosis just watching it. Don Draper is a fascinating character, someone with a hidden past. I think there are only two more episodes left in the season, counting the one from this week that I haven't watched yet.

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hannah and I are huge fans of the show. Never miss it.

It's just so different than the other stuff you find on TV. It's compelling.

I didn't know it was so close to the end of the season, though. It seems like there is still so much that's unresolved.

Spoiler:
    I feel so bad for Joan after last week. Poor girl--maybe she'll smarten up and lose the cocksucking doctor
    Heng Dai

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I don't get the impression the writer/creator is terribly interested in resolving anything. The whole thing with Peggy's baby is just hanging out there, for example. Thing happen, people go on (or they don't) and nothing is tidy or neat.

Country
    Country Flag

True. I keep forgetting that the show tells the story differently than many other TV dramas. AMC did the same thing with Breaking Bad.
    Heng Dai

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have not been able to get into this show. I acquired the first season and watched an episode here and there, but I just couldnt get into it. It has great acting and pretty good character development. I just need a little more intensity I think. Like Breaking Bad.

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched the first season but just haven't been able to watch it regularly so I stopped. Its such a good show that I don't want to ruin the experience by watching one episode here and one episode there. I figure I'll just rent season 2 when it comes to video But yeah, it the best show on TV at the moment.

Come to think of it, I made a thread about this show when it first started and nobody answered. Fuckers.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Yes! I'm like, "just forgive him already!"

Although her little "bar office" sexy romp with the young dude seemed hot. I like how she went back there and he followed her with "What are you doing back here?" and that seemed to be all he needed to say for them to get it on.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Yes! I'm like, "just forgive him already!"

Although her little "bar office" sexy romp with the young dude seemed hot. I like how she went back there and he followed her with "What are you doing back here?" and that seemed to be all he needed to say for them to get it on.
    And you totally know Duck is on the verge of an alcoholic meltdown...

Damn, I may have to switch to a Mad Men theme.....

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

You had to wait for all of us to catch up to your awesomeness, man.

I love the show. I felt so proud of Peggy when she finally told Pete about the baby.

It was a very good finale, and the closing shot was like the end of a stage play, with the lights going dark. As soon as Ducky told Pete his plans about how he was going to force Don to fall in line, I knew what the punch line was going to be.

Peggy sure has come a long way since her first day on the job!

My Mood
    Amused

Peggy has come a long way. What's the deal with the priest though. I wish he'd leave her alone. Stupid Colin Hanks.

A man on a mission, for sure. He knows more about Peggy's situation than he has let on, I suspect.

I'm glad that Don turned away from the call of the ocean, the temptation to chuck it all and start over (again). That young woman (Joy) may have been reading Faulkner, but their circumstances were more like F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't believe that I had forgotten entirely about Don demanding that he not have a contract until it was brought up in the meeting. A very nice long-term set up.

I am really impressed with the show. It is one of the best character dramas that I have seen.
    Heng Dai

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey, there's a Mad Men spoiler for the new season in the Big Gay News Day thread.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, and I am pissed like a motherfucker about that situation.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh no, now I have to go and resist checking out that spoiler. When does the next season start?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Ha! New season starts on Sunday night!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I didn't even realize there was a thread for this.
    [makes note to post in here all the time]

And seriously, if Don was a man-whore before, what the hell is he gonna be like now that he's NOT with Bets.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Default Flash: Mad Men Viewers Richer Than You

ROFlash: Mad Men Viewers Richer Than You
    Jul. 28, 2010

The other day, EW’s PopWatch informed us that AMC’s hit “Mad Men” has the richest viewers in all of cable: almost half of its audience has an annual household income over $100K.

My theory: Rich people love the escapism of the ’50s and ’60s, when having money really MEANT something, y’know? Like not having to worry about a pre-nup with January Jones while sleeping with a conveyor belt of women as you chain smoked and drank gold.

It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

John Hamm plays an FBI agent in the upcoming Ben Afflect movie The Town, which is based on Chuck Hogan's excellent novel Prince of Thieves. Saw the trailer before Inception and it looked good.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Anyone see the first episode! I see a really nice little trainwreck forming between Don and Bets.

Good first episode. The new firm gives the show something different to work with. Roger is still shooting off the quips, though. And Don is getting to redefine himself...again.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm interested to see how all of this is going to pan out.

Lots of interesting stuff, for sure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast