Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2618

Thread: Other authors you collect

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not very current on collectibles but noticed tonight that DRP is publishing a limited of Bird Box by Josh Malerman. Did anyone get in on this? I had thought DRP had some issues in the last few years but it sounds like a nice edition.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I'm not very current on collectibles but noticed tonight that DRP is publishing a limited of Bird Box by Josh Malerman. Did anyone get in on this? I had thought DRP had some issues in the last few years but it sounds like a nice edition.

I picked it up when they were having a sale for 25% off. It's supposed to be published soon. Really liked that book, and can't wait to see the S/L!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post

I picked it up when they were having a sale for 25% off. It's supposed to be published soon. Really liked that book, and can't wait to see the S/L!
    I got one too and then upgrade a few weeks ago when they announced that there were two deluxe (lettered) editions available. I'm sure I won't see that for quite a while.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Okay if there are any bloom county fans out there - the third book of new material is available for pre-order - signed from IDW

https://www.berkeleybreathed.com

I love these. And theres only a short supply - the first year I bought one on Ebay after comic con (when he releases a small supply) only to find they are avail on IDW shortly after the con (but not many) - so if you need a good laugh enjoy - or just follow on facebook since he releases all of the strips there too
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Any McCammon fans here? Still some S/Ls left:

https://www.cemeterydance.com/ushers...eid=f66944e1f1
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Apprentice BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough BigJoeHillfan will become famous soon enough

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Okay if there are any bloom county fans out there - the third book of new material is available for pre-order - signed from IDW

https://www.berkeleybreathed.com

I love these. And theres only a short supply - the first year I bought one on Ebay after comic con (when he releases a small supply) only to find they are avail on IDW shortly after the con (but not many) - so if you need a good laugh enjoy - or just follow on facebook since he releases all of the strips there too
    I love Bloom County!!!! Thanks for posting this I was not aware it had been revived. Now I need to decide if I need the HC or can live with the PB.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I've been passively collecting David J. Schow and Brian Hodge. Both collections are nearly complete. I've managed to rid myself of the need to have complete bibliographies by my favourite authors if they have duds or books I simply don't like. I'll never own a complete Schow set because his novels don't do it for me, both thrillers and horror. Ditto Hodge. His two thrillers were fine books but nothing that blew me away.

Gaiman - I'd rather have syphilis poured into my eyes then suffer his Choo books again. Ellison - I stick with his "fantastical" works.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Possibly something of interest coming soon (Sep 5, next Wednesday) from Folio Society. On that date, they'll announce their fall collection of 19 books, at least some of which (and possibly just one) will be horror.

Possibilities (per speculation of knowledgeable FS readers) include: The Haunting Of Hill House, Peter Straub's Ghost Story (I'd like to see what they could do with this), Red Dragon, Rosemary's Baby, The Woman In Black, and a Poe collection.

Speaking of Poe (and I may have mentioned this months ago), there's another collection that looks quite nice from Ethereal Visions Publishing (https://www.evpub.info/product-page/...inated-edition). This was originally a Kickstarter project, but is now up for general sale (shipping in October). The introductory price is $85; it's supposed to revert to $125 or $150 on the evening of Sep 9 (I don't know why they are doing it quite this way). I really like this but may not be picking it up (not sure yet).

Some info:
    8" x 10" hardcover
    280 pages
    60+ illustrations (some color, some b/w)
    Gilded page edges (3 sides)

The illustrations are very impressive; if you like Poe at all, I suggest you click the link above and take a look.

(Disclaimer: I know I gushed, but I'm not related to anyone at EVP or anything like that).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Possibly something of interest coming soon (Sep 5, next Wednesday) from Folio Society. On that date, they'll announce their fall collection of 19 books, at least some of which (and possibly just one) will be horror.

Possibilities (per speculation of knowledgeable FS readers) include: The Haunting Of Hill House, Peter Straub's Ghost Story (I'd like to see what they could do with this), Red Dragon, Rosemary's Baby, The Woman In Black, and a Poe collection.

Speaking of Poe (and I may have mentioned this months ago), there's another collection that looks quite nice from Ethereal Visions Publishing (https://www.evpub.info/product-page/...inated-edition). This was originally a Kickstarter project, but is now up for general sale (shipping in October). The introductory price is $85; it's supposed to revert to $125 or $150 on the evening of Sep 9 (I don't know why they are doing it quite this way). I really like this but may not be picking it up (not sure yet).

Some info:
    8" x 10" hardcover
    280 pages
    60+ illustrations (some color, some b/w)
    Gilded page edges (3 sides)

The illustrations are very impressive; if you like Poe at all, I suggest you click the link above and take a look.

(Disclaimer: I know I gushed, but I'm not related to anyone at EVP or anything like that).

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

As expected, only one title in Folio society's "fall 2018" collection is horror:

The Folio Anthology of Horror Stories
    https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/the...r-stories.html

Edited (with an introduction) by Ramsey Campbell
    Illustrated by Corey Brickley

Only 272 pages, and the one King story (1408) is one this crowd has certainly seen before. Still, it looks like a nice production:

Three-quarter-bound in blocked cloth with a printed and spot-varnished front board Set in Poliphilus 272 pages Frontispiece and 6 colour illustrations 9½˝ x 6¼˝

Contents:

The Fall of the House of Usher (1839)
    Edgar Allan Poe

The Yellow Wallpaper (1892)
    Charlotte Perkins

Gilman Count Magnus (1904)
    M. R. James

The White People (1904)
    Arthur Machen

Ancient Lights (1912)
    Algernon Blackwood

The Music of Erich Zann (1922)
    H. P. Lovecraft

Smoke Ghost (1941)
    Fritz Leiber

Brenda (1954)
    Margaret St Clair

The Bus (1965)
    Shirley Jackson

Again (1981)
    Ramsey Campbell

Vastarien (1987)
    Thomas Ligotti

Call Home (1991)
    Dennis Etchison

1408 (2002)
    Stephen King

Flowers of the Sea (2011)
    Reggie Oliver

Hippocampus (2015)
    Adam Nevill

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I copied this into the King thread too. thanks for posting.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A french publisher has produced a limited edition of the manuscript of Oscar Wilde's "THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY"
    >>> https://www.spbooks.com/en/79-le-por...095457466.html

They previously had released a limited edtion of the manuscript of FRANKENSTEIN :
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    A french publisher has produced a limited edition of the manuscript of Oscar Wilde's "THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY"
    >>> https://www.spbooks.com/en/79-le-por...095457466.html

They previously had released a limited edtion of the manuscript of FRANKENSTEIN :
    Those are pretty cool.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I just saw that Centipede will be doing The Book of Skulls by Robert Silverberg. Tis a good day.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    I just saw that Centipede will be doing The Book of Skulls by Robert Silverberg. Tis a good day.
    Tis a good day indeed. I am still anxiously awaiting Dune. That will be a wonderful day!
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That's the one I'm waiting for, too. That will sell out *fast*, I'm betting.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Amaranthine Books (https://amaranthinebooks.com/), who created a set of two editions of The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde (https://amaranthinebooks.com/product/jh-set/) (which I'd thought I'd posted about somewhere on DT but can't find at the moment), has announced their next book: Dracula.

You can see a pic of what they are shooting for at http://www.mojzabastart.hr/home/projekt-dracula, but the text is entirely in Croatian (Amaranthine is a Croatian company).

Some info from their e-mail:

Amaranthine Books’ next title is the one and only: Dracula by Bram Stoker!

I know there have been several rumours about our next title and, truth be told, Dracula wasn’t really in the plan back then. But we had a “eureka” moment a few months back that led to a great idea, so we pushed back all other possible titles for a later release and started working on Dracula instead. The idea is simple — pretty much everyone knows that Dracula is sensitive to light (it doesn’t kill him though), so we’ve decided to make the covers and all the illustrations photosensitive with the use of phosphorescent colours — yes, they will glow in the dark (and in low light)!
    I love what they did with J&H; I love Dracula and can't wait to see what they do with it.

FYI, here's a video showing the black "Mr. Hyde" edition of J&H:

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Amaranthine Books (https://amaranthinebooks.com/), who created a set of two editions of The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde (https://amaranthinebooks.com/product/jh-set/) (which I'd thought I'd posted about somewhere on DT but can't find at the moment), has announced their next book: Dracula.

You can see a pic of what they are shooting for at http://www.mojzabastart.hr/home/projekt-dracula, but the text is entirely in Croatian (Amaranthine is a Croatian company).

Some info from their e-mail:

Amaranthine Books’ next title is the one and only: Dracula by Bram Stoker!

I know there have been several rumours about our next title and, truth be told, Dracula wasn’t really in the plan back then. But we had a “eureka” moment a few months back that led to a great idea, so we pushed back all other possible titles for a later release and started working on Dracula instead. The idea is simple — pretty much everyone knows that Dracula is sensitive to light (it doesn’t kill him though), so we’ve decided to make the covers and all the illustrations photosensitive with the use of phosphorescent colours — yes, they will glow in the dark (and in low light)!
    I love what they did with J&H; I love Dracula and can't wait to see what they do with it.

FYI, here's a video showing the black "Mr. Hyde" edition of J&H:

Interesting! Thanks for that info. How does one get on their mailing list?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    How does one get on their mailing list?
    https://amaranthinebooks.com/about/newsletter-signup/

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    How does one get on their mailing list?
    https://amaranthinebooks.com/about/newsletter-signup/
    Thanks!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An amazing book is in the works by the French mini-publisher, SuperTerrain (the book will be in English):

A version of Fahrenheit 451 in which all the pages are black and you have to apply heat to get the text to appear!

More information and pre-ordering here:

http://www.superterrain.fr/f451/en/

The need 150 pre-orders by the end of the year to move forward with production. If they don't receive enough pre-orders, they'll refund everyone's money. I really, really want this book to get made so I hope some more folks will jump on the bandwagon!

I normally don't love when publishers fund books this way, but I would consider SuperTerrain more of an art collective that happens to make some print material, and not a publisher, as such. They've not published any novels before, as far as I know - most of what they do is explore and experiment with ink and paper and different printing techniques. I have a couple of their pamphlets/magazines and they're pretty neat

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    ...A version of Fahrenheit 451 in which all the pages are black and you have to apply heat to get the text to appear!
    This is cool.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    An amazing book is in the works by the French mini-publisher, SuperTerrain (the book will be in English):

A version of Fahrenheit 451 in which all the pages are black and you have to apply heat to get the text to appear!

More information and pre-ordering here:

http://www.superterrain.fr/f451/en/

The need 150 pre-orders by the end of the year to move forward with production. If they don't receive enough pre-orders, they'll refund everyone's money. I really, really want this book to get made so I hope some more folks will jump on the bandwagon!

I normally don't love when publishers fund books this way, but I would consider SuperTerrain more of an art collective that happens to make some print material, and not a publisher, as such. They've not published any novels before, as far as I know - most of what they do is explore and experiment with ink and paper and different printing techniques. I have a couple of their pamphlets/magazines and they're pretty neat
    Sweet! When I saw this the first time, I was hoping they'd actually publish it.

I might need to increase my Kool-Aid supply to justify a $388 book that's virtually unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post
    I know I'm going outisde the lines here but I thought you guys would dig this and didn't think anyone would look at it in the RB forum. Feel free to delete it if you need to. It is flame and rebound related
    http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2017/1...ahrenheit-451/
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am really tempted to get this. My fear though is when I burn the pages, will they ever return to black or is it a one trick pony? If they go back I will definitely get it but if it's just a one time deal, that's a lot for a copy of a book.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I am really tempted to get this. My fear though is when I burn the pages, will they ever return to black or is it a one trick pony? If they go back I will definitely get it but if it's just a one time deal, that's a lot for a copy of a book.
    It goes back to dark. It requires the heat to read the text plainly.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 ... LastLast