Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 'Salem's Lot: Nocturnal Readers Edition

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    My assessment of the situation (that no one asked for or needs): Vincent is Icarus. They guy has tremendous ambition and huge ideas. I just think he bit off more than he can chew and he's so prideful that he will break before he bows under the pressure. He's been trying to stay one step ahead of disaster and he sees the customers as dogs nipping at his heels. He needed a sales rep or a strong business partner to act as a buffer between him and the customers. He needed someone to tell him to fly a little lower and find that sweet spot.
    Great metaphor. I also think he's going down in flames.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

My assessment of the situation (that no one asked for or needs): Vincent is Icarus. They guy has tremendous ambition and huge ideas. I just think he bit off more than he can chew and he's so prideful that he will break before he bows under the pressure. He's been trying to stay one step ahead of disaster and he sees the customers as dogs nipping at his heels. He needed a sales rep or a strong business partner to act as a buffer between him and the customers. He needed someone to tell him to fly a little lower and find that sweet spot.
    I think you nailed it.

I'm still less ready to call Vincent out as someone deliberately trying to rip people off. I think he is just inexperienced, and some bad choices/bad circumstances got him into a desperate cash flow problem. He is now in the situation where he has to fulfill hundreds of orders using money he doesn't have, or can't afford to spend because of future orders.

So he's under an enormous amount of stress, so he lashes out at customers who want refunds (because they are now part of the cash flow problem). He has started playing loose with the facts about boxes lost in shipping to stall for time, so that new subscriptions can bring in enough money to get the remaining boxes out. And all the bad will on social media makes it even less likely that new subscriptions will bring in enough funds to enable him to get out of this hole.

Part of me feels bad for the guy. But that doesn't excuse his attitude or dishonesty in trying to get out of this mess.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

By the way, just a personal comment on the past claims of progress on the Salem's Lot edition:

I'm not sure he was lying when it came to the status of the Salem's Lot project. For a long time, he was saying things were "on track" (although the delivery date kept slipping out), and now we hear it has not yet been printed. I'm not a publisher, but I could believe that an enormous amount of work needs to be done before a title is ready for the printer. So I can believe that work was actually being done when he said things were "on track" - he was just being unrealistically optimistic about how long it would take to get the book to the printer (and the binder after that).

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I finally filed a dispute with PP to get my money back for the King Box. I would've liked the book, but I have no faith it will ever get here and I don't want to be out the money I paid. And now the wait...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I finally filed a dispute with PP to get my money back for the King Box. I would've liked the book, but I have no faith it will ever get here and I don't want to be out the money I paid. And now the wait...
    Did you elevate it to a claim? If not, do so.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    Don't I have to wait to do that?

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I filed a dispute with my cc. They refunded me for July and Aug, but I have to wait until Oct 23 to hear about this one, unless they actually respond to it sooner, but I won't hold my breath on it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

You can escalate to a case anytime in the next twenty days. Once you escalate PayPal will review it within ten days, so you speed things up by making it a case.

They do want you to try to work it out though.

He refused to issue the refund for me. I escalated the dispute to a case.

Country
    Country Flag

You can escalate to a case anytime in the next twenty days. Once you escalate PayPal will review it within ten days, so you speed things up by making it a case.

They do want you to try to work it out though.

He refused to issue the refund for me. I escalated the dispute to a case.
    Thanks! I'll give him a couple days to respond, but I doubt he will. Apparently he hasn't been replying to some of the PP claims. Shocking, I know.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So...Should I sign up for the upcoming box? What would be the worth and value?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    So...Should I sign up for the upcoming box? What would be the worth and value?
    Quote Originally Posted by anrfreelance View Post
    So I was an NRB subscriber who actually reviewed them for a horror website I worked for, and while the quality of the box has decreased each month, I was still rooting for them. But this craziness has gone SO far beyond, and I cancelled a few months ago during the original June debacle. After all of the drama and repeatedly getting non-working tracking numbers, etc. I got my June box yesterday. SUCH a joke. The box's contents are worth maybe $10 total.
    It also comes with a free ball kick.

Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea what happened, but I got my money back! I can't tell if Vincent refunded me or PP decided on my favor. The closed case says both. Regardless, woo hoo! Now...I am looking to buy myself an actual book!

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea what happened, but I got my money back! I can't tell if Vincent refunded me or PP decided on my favor. The closed case says both. Regardless, woo hoo! Now...I am looking to buy myself an actual book!
    Congrats Dez you lucky #$@*&!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    It seems that he agreed to the refund.

He must have made a mistake.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe he was so exhausted from shipping boxes and wasn't thinking clearly.

Country
    Country Flag

Great metaphor. I also think he's going down in flames.
    Part of a recent newsletter...

Spoiler:
    Am I Icarus?

yeah, I'd say that's a pretty good description J.

Are the other King Items in production?

Not the shirts because we had a few to sell, and now we have a bunch of disputes so I don't want to buy a crazy amount of shirts in the wrong size. The pins, yes. I will ask for some pictures. No Idea where they are in production because that is easily replaced and not my biggest concern. I know several people who do good work and can get them done fast if anything should happen to this shipment so rest easy on that, not that anyone is super concerned.

Are we not going to respond to comments anymore?

No that's crazy. We are not going to answer questions in the comment sections anymore though. That adds way too much confusion.

Am I ever going to take responsibility for being so far behind?

I thought I had. Maybe it wasn't clear enough because my messages are so confusing. I am sorry that we got behind. I used to love doing this job and interacting with everyone, and creating for you, but that stopped when I was admitted (until I got deep into Sept. box). I was behind a few weeks and with the luck of a dumpster fire, a series of events created all of the delay. Have I lied? Absolutely not. Regardless of what some people want to think, I have tried to give the most accurate timeline I could. There's tons of theories swirling around, and there is no credence to them. Yeah I may have put out a statement that was confusing, but I didn't lie to anyone. We've just had horrible luck and I haven't been a very happy person. The non-productive threats and demand that I get don't help so I tend to not handle that well either so I am sorry. I am Icarus, but I think I am leveling out. At least I hope so.

(IF YOU FILED A DISPUTE THERE'S A CHANCE IT WONT WORK, BUT THATS NOT ME ITS THE SYSTEM).

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Hi Vincent
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3