Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 645 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 16105

Thread: Suntup Editions

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    That cloth...that cloth.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Paul, how are the pitchfork bands on the lettered edition created?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Paul, how are the pitchfork bands on the lettered edition created?
    I'll probably do a post on this at some point, but since you asked, the tines of the pitchfork are laser cut into binders board, and the leather is shaped around the tines using a custom die template. At least that's the short version of it. There's more involved in the shaping, etc. The pitchfork handle actually extends across the spine, and around the back of the book.

You will notice if you look at a photo of the book, that the band extends across the outer hinge where the cover board opens. This was tricky because I wanted that continuous unbroken band representing the handle to extend from the back cover, across the spine and over the front cover, as well as both outer hinges. We were able to achieve it.

Some pics of the die template and the laser cut tines.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That looks really cool. Your entire description sounds so intricate. Really, all the versions look very nice. You really went all out on this Paul.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

That is cool as hell

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That was what really caught my eye on the lettered. Looks amazing.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    That was what really caught my eye on the lettered. Looks amazing.
    Same here. Definitely made me wish I’d had the cash to buy one. Or try to buy one at least.

I’d say that and the typewriter keys are two of the coolest things I’ve seen on a book since I started collecting. And I haven’t even had any kool aid today yet.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

What material is being used on the Horns Gift Edition?

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

One thing I was wondering about: Will the chain on the cover of the lettered vary from copy to copy? Will it always lay the same way?

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    One thing I was wondering about: Will the chain on the cover of the lettered vary from copy to copy? Will it always lay the same way?
    I didn’t even think about that, and now I’m super curious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post

The chain design is stamped in gold foil and will be consistent across all books.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    "It is a full cloth smyth-sewn binding with two-hits foil stamping..."

So a bookcloth covering with stamping on the spine and cover. The cloth, although not the same brand as what is on the Misery AGE, will be similar to that.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been away these last few days, but some of the comments posted on this thread lately require my attention. There's some shit I just cannot ignore....

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post
    Haha after seeing these comments you guys are drinking the Kool-aid on this one.
    Haha you didn't even combat any of my points... keep drinking buddy.
    Okay, allow me to "combat" your points. Let's begin with this shit....

There are people spending $675 on a book they have never touched just to say they own a Suntup book.
    Yet you are willing to fork out money on a Lettered book you haven't even read let alone touched!

On a side note I cant believe how cheap Listener lettered is already. I just got one for half retail! Plus it's highly regarded in McCammons library already.
    That is a nice deal!
    Thanks! I'll be frank, I haven't read it. But the reviews are promising so a deal was too hard to pass on.
    No matter what kind of "deal" you landed, spending several hundred dollars on a book you have never read let alone touched, and then criticising fellow collectors for spending $675 to pre order a book is the very definition of hypocrisy.

Following the publication of EOTD and Misery, Suntup Editions have firmly established a brand footprint synonymous with excellence. Given the stellar production values attributed to the aforementioned and the stunning photos shown of all three editions of Horns, it is only natural for people to want a to own a copy, yet you deride them for it.

I wonder what your basis of comparison is?

Some are even entering a payment plan.
    And the problem being what exactly? The very definition of insanity would be to get yourself into financial difficulty on account of a book. If it wasn't for the generosity of publishers like Paul Suntup and book dealers like David at Betts in allowing payment plans, my collection would be practically empty.

Consider this post you made concerning your "holy grail":

Hey everybody, my absolute holy grail of Stephen King books is Subterranean's lettered edition of "The Shining". I am about to start the long grind of saving up. I see one on eBay for over $6,000. According to another website, I should be looking for them between 3 and 4 grand. Which valuation is correct?
    You were subsequently advised by Randall Flagg, that "4K is closer to market than 6k."

If given the chance to purchase a copy of your "holy grail" for $4,000 USD, would you really turn down the opportunity to do so on a payment plan, considering that you have just started the long grind of saving up? I highly doubt it.

There are people that think this book will reach 2x, 3x retail when it sat for six hours on a Sunday.
    And the Lettered edition sold out in under 3 minutes. Again, what's your point? As far as I see it, 250 S/L copies of a non King book completely selling out after only 6 hours is an amazing achievement, and one that Paul should be proud of! Hell, I know several publishers out there that still have copies of KING books available even after publication!

Just to be clear, I will never sell my copy of Horns; so I literally don't give a shit what value it attains - it's the love of the actual book that drives my collection.

The numbered book style has been done on better books (Centipede's Ender's Game)
    Do you mean "better" in the sense that Ender's Game is "better" than Horns from a literary standpoint, or "better" in the sense of their respective production values? If it's the former, your viewpoint is purely subjective and not one that I agree with. If it's the latter, you are quite mad.

You are paying high prices for snake skin spines and 14kt gold... ON. A. BOOK.
    ....And of course the Letterpress printing on Rives cotton paper, crushed silk boards, Handmade black exotic marbled endpapers from India with metallic gold and silver on a base of 100% cotton rag, the twelve full-color illustrations by Magdalena Kaczan.... I could go on.

You have a very judgmental opinion towards what prices other people are prepared to pay for their books. I wonder if you measure your own collecting habits with the same level of scrutiny?

Let's see...

Just want to throw it back out there as the deadline is coming up and I would prefer to match the copies. I am looking for Altered Carbon Lettered. Will trade for anything in my signature and add cash up to a total value of $2,500. Or I can do just cash, $2,000.

Thanks for any leads. Same offer goes for Terror Lettered as well!
    So to recap on the above, your willing to trade and add cash up to a total value of $2,500 for a copy of a Lettered edition of Altered Carbon, which had an issue price of only $250 or a copy of a Lettered edition of Terror, which had had an issue price of $500? LOL!

https://subterraneanpress.com/altered-carbon
    https://subterraneanpress.com/the-terror

But this post regarding your desire for a Lettered copy of The Three-Body Problem (issue price $750 https://subterraneanpress.com/three-body-problem) is even better:

No shame in that! I'd gladly give up Misery S/L and a grand myself.
    You would gladly trade a S/L copy of Misery AND a $1,000 for a sold out pre order book priced at $750? LMFAO!

Fuck me, that book must have some pretty stellar production values attached to it... oh wait!

All of this, yet you seem to think you can pass judgement on what people are prepared to pay for Suntup's edition of Horns.... Interesting.

But wait there's more.... You're criticising other people for paying "high prices" for a Suntup edition, yet you are quite happy for the same people to pay "high prices" for your own S/L copy of Misery! Double standards for sake of a quick profit.... Nice!

I will likely be listing mine in the near future for $5K on ebay if not more just to see the offers. Too tantalizing to pass up.
    This is my copy of Misery S/L with a Remarque: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263949449710

I would rather sell here F&F for near $4,000 and pull the listing. Send offers in a PM as I will contemplate about anything in the high $3k range. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This is the copy that he tried to get $6K for. Then $5K... I bet goes for nearish $4k
    I am already ecstatic with the price haha. I just listed for $6k and said offer away. I got one offer after I dropped I accepted but he couldn't come up with the money so I just decided to go the bidding route. Thanks though, you offered to buy/trade for it too, dont lie! I never expected above $4,500.
    Yeah, real classy!

I just want to point out I am not going through personal hell in my life. I just see problems with peoples inability to avoid the hype surrounding some products.
    Hype like this?

Does anyone have any clue as to what this upcoming series could be Subterranean Press is going to publish, which has been requested by "tons"? My dream would be Wheel of Time.

I would give ANYTHING away for a nice set of those!
    I bet you would! LOL!

I laid out my reasons and dont see holes.
    Your shit has more holes than swiss cheese. Consider yourself burned.

Tell me your analogy about Kool-aid again?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis2347 View Post
    "It is a full cloth smyth-sewn binding with two-hits foil stamping..."

So a bookcloth covering with stamping on the spine and cover. The cloth, although not the same brand as what is on the Misery AGE, will be similar to that.
    I'm a cloth fanatic; I'm losing it over here.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

BURN 🔥🔥🔥

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Paul, thanks for posting the description of the process. Fascinating stuff. I can't wait to hear more.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    I've been away these last few days, but some of the comments posted on this thread lately require my attention. There's some shit I just cannot ignore....

Haha after seeing these comments you guys are drinking the Kool-aid on this one.
    Haha you didn't even combat any of my points... keep drinking buddy.
    Okay, allow me to "combat" your points. Let's begin with this shit....

There are people spending $675 on a book they have never touched just to say they own a Suntup book.
    Yet you are willing to fork out money on a Lettered book you haven't even read let alone touched!

On a side note I cant believe how cheap Listener lettered is already. I just got one for half retail! Plus it's highly regarded in McCammons library already.
    That is a nice deal!
    Thanks! I'll be frank, I haven't read it. But the reviews are promising so a deal was too hard to pass on.
    No matter what kind of "deal" you landed, spending several hundred dollars on a book you have never read let alone touched, and then criticising fellow collectors for spending $675 to pre order a book is the very definition of hypocrisy.

Following the publication of EOTD and Misery, Suntup Editions have firmly established a brand footprint synonymous with excellence. Given the stellar production values attributed to the aforementioned and the stunning photos shown of all three editions of Horns, it is only natural for people to want a to own a copy, yet you deride them for it.

I wonder what your basis of comparison is?

Some are even entering a payment plan.
    And the problem being what exactly? The very definition of insanity would be to get yourself into financial difficulty on account of a book. If it wasn't for the generosity of publishers like Paul Suntup and book dealers like David at Betts in allowing payment plans, my collection would be practically empty.

Consider this post you made concerning your "holy grail":

Hey everybody, my absolute holy grail of Stephen King books is Subterranean's lettered edition of "The Shining". I am about to start the long grind of saving up. I see one on eBay for over $6,000. According to another website, I should be looking for them between 3 and 4 grand. Which valuation is correct?
    You were subsequently advised by Randall Flagg, that "4K is closer to market than 6k."

If given the chance to purchase a copy of your "holy grail" for $4,000 USD, would you really turn down the opportunity to do so on a payment plan, considering that you have just started the long grind of saving up? I highly doubt it.

There are people that think this book will reach 2x, 3x retail when it sat for six hours on a Sunday.
    And the Lettered edition sold out in under 3 minutes. Again, what's your point? As far as I see it, 250 S/L copies of a non King book completely selling out after only 6 hours is an amazing achievement, and one that Paul should be proud of! Hell, I know several publishers out there that still have copies of KING books available even after publication!

Just to be clear, I will never sell my copy of Horns; so I literally don't give a shit what value it attains - it's the love of the actual book that drives my collection.

The numbered book style has been done on better books (Centipede's Ender's Game)
    Do you mean "better" in the sense that Ender's Game is "better" than Horns from a literary standpoint, or "better" in the sense of their respective production values? If it's the former, your viewpoint is purely subjective and not one that I agree with. If it's the latter, you are quite mad.

You are paying high prices for snake skin spines and 14kt gold... ON. A. BOOK.
    ....And of course the Letterpress printing on Rives cotton paper, crushed silk boards, Handmade black exotic marbled endpapers from India with metallic gold and silver on a base of 100% cotton rag, the twelve full-color illustrations by Magdalena Kaczan.... I could go on.

You have a very judgmental opinion towards what prices other people are prepared to pay for their books. I wonder if you measure your own collecting habits with the same level of scrutiny?

Let's see...

Just want to throw it back out there as the deadline is coming up and I would prefer to match the copies. I am looking for Altered Carbon Lettered. Will trade for anything in my signature and add cash up to a total value of $2,500. Or I can do just cash, $2,000.

Thanks for any leads. Same offer goes for Terror Lettered as well!
    So to recap on the above, your willing to trade and add cash up to a total value of $2,500 for a copy of a Lettered edition of Altered Carbon, which had an issue price of only $250 or a copy of a Lettered edition of Terror, which had had an issue price of $500? LOL!

https://subterraneanpress.com/altered-carbon
    https://subterraneanpress.com/the-terror

But this post regarding your desire for a Lettered copy of The Three-Body Problem (issue price $750 https://subterraneanpress.com/three-body-problem) is even better:

No shame in that! I'd gladly give up Misery S/L and a grand myself.
    You would gladly trade a S/L copy of Misery AND a $1,000 for a sold out pre order book priced at $750? LMFAO!

Fuck me, that book must have some pretty stellar production values attached to it... oh wait!

All of this, yet you seem to think you can pass judgement on what people are prepared to pay for Suntup's edition of Horns.... Interesting.

But wait there's more.... You're criticising other people for paying "high prices" for a Suntup edition, yet you are quite happy for the same people to pay "high prices" for your own S/L copy of Misery! Double standards for sake of a quick profit.... Nice!

I will likely be listing mine in the near future for $5K on ebay if not more just to see the offers. Too tantalizing to pass up.
    This is my copy of Misery S/L with a Remarque: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263949449710

I would rather sell here F&F for near $4,000 and pull the listing. Send offers in a PM as I will contemplate about anything in the high $3k range. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    This is the copy that he tried to get $6K for. Then $5K... I bet goes for nearish $4k
    I am already ecstatic with the price haha. I just listed for $6k and said offer away. I got one offer after I dropped I accepted but he couldn't come up with the money so I just decided to go the bidding route. Thanks though, you offered to buy/trade for it too, dont lie! I never expected above $4,500.
    Yeah, real classy!

I just want to point out I am not going through personal hell in my life. I just see problems with peoples inability to avoid the hype surrounding some products.
    Hype like this?

Does anyone have any clue as to what this upcoming series could be Subterranean Press is going to publish, which has been requested by "tons"? My dream would be Wheel of Time.

I would give ANYTHING away for a nice set of those!
    I bet you would! LOL!

I laid out my reasons and dont see holes.
    Your shit has more holes than swiss cheese. Consider yourself burned.

Tell me your analogy about Kool-aid again?
    This was an interesting read, and a great use of cross-thread quoting. Very thorough
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

does anyone truly believe these books are worth what they are going for?
    In the end...the very end. it will be the rare, the very old 1st/1sts in vf/vf, hard to get books and unique items that are actually worth the most money. I believe these pretty, multi duplicates, will find there value diminished. who would not rather have an early signature vs anything in the last 10 years. if you have money to literally burn then i think its a pretty adage to ones collection, otherwise its silly. i say put your money into something with some history. These books wont have history until it doesn't matter anymore.
    Just sayin,

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    And I haven’t even had any kool aid today yet.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfehr View Post

The chain design is stamped in gold foil and will be consistent across all books.
    Thanks for explaining. I wasn't sure by the description on the site.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    In the end...the very end. it will be the rare, the very old 1st/1sts in vf/vf, hard to get books and unique items that are actually worth the most money. I believe these pretty, multi duplicates, will find there value diminished. who would not rather have an early signature vs anything in the last 10 years. if you have money to literally burn then i think its a pretty adage to ones collection, otherwise its silly. i say put your money into something with some history. These books wont have history until it doesn't matter anymore.
    Just sayin,
    With all due respect - Utter nonsense.

I can take my pick of F/F first editions of ANY of the DoubleDay originals for < $1000. With the exception of rarities like The Plant and TNLR, ALL of the early Signed Limited's are freely available on the open market for < $2000. Only Lettered editions go above that as a norm. These prices have been stable for years and only increase with inflation or due to some related event (like the hype around the IT Film).

Ask any serious collector what are the 'special' books, the 'Holy Grails' and the answer will invariably be "The Stand - Coffin Edition, Firestarter - Asbestos cover, Regulators - Bullet Case, 'Salem's Lot - Centipede Press, Skeleton Crew - Leather zip case. What have all these got in common? It's not just because of the small pool of books due to the (mostly) lettered limitation it's the vision of the final book coupled with the craftsmanship and quality of materials used.

Suntup Editions has set the bar very highly, not just on the ultra rare but on the standard Limited and Gift editions as well. These are perfectly capable of holding their own in the above esteemed company. Quality as they say, never goes out of fashion.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sgc1999 View Post
    Just sayin,
    With all due respect - Utter nonsense.

I can take my pick of F/F first editions of ANY of the DoubleDay originals for < $1000. With the exception of rarities like The Plant and TNLR, ALL of the early Signed Limited's are freely available on the open market for < $2000. Only Lettered editions go above that as a norm. These prices have been stable for years and only increase with inflation or due to some related event (like the hype around the IT Film).

Ask any serious collector what are the 'special' books, the 'Holy Grails' and the answer will invariably be "The Stand - Coffin Edition, Firestarter - Asbestos cover, Regulators - Bullet Case, 'Salem's Lot - Centipede Press, Skeleton Crew - Leather zip case. What have all these got in common? It's not just because of the small pool of books due to the (mostly) lettered limitation it's the vision of the final book coupled with the craftsmanship and quality of materials used.

Suntup Editions has set the bar very highly, not just on the ultra rare but on the standard Limited and Gift editions as well. These are perfectly capable of holding their own in the above esteemed company. Quality as they say, never goes out of fashion.
    I could not agree more Simon.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I agree with you Simon %100. Unfortunately the ones you listed as Holy Grail items as lettered, I have as numbered (except Salems Lot). I don't have that. But again, I do agree that the Suntup and other S\L books are special in their own way. Just because of the reasons you listed above.

Country
    Country Flag

This sniping about the value of Suntup books is ridiculous and a waste of time. If you're a collector, the book is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. It's a subjective, personal decision. If you're an investor, the book is worth whatever the market is telling you it's worth (and the market is based on the aggregate of the countless subjective, personal purchasing decisions that collectors have made). So why get bent out of shape about it? Either buy or don't buy.

My Mood
    Cool

This sniping about the value of Suntup books is ridiculous and a waste of time. If you're a collector, the book is worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. It's a subjective, personal decision. If you're an investor, the book is worth whatever the market is telling you it's worth (and the market is based on the aggregate of the countless subjective, personal purchasing decisions that collectors have made). So why get bent out of shape about it? Either buy or don't buy.
    +1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 645 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast