Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    My comment was made to address the name’s genesis, not your moral compass. A thousand pardons for the confusion
    Don’t you know everything offends everyone now? I mean it’s a show, set in a time where the language cripples, bastards, and broken things was commonly used.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Some people hate every bit and piece of the last season. Some people say they don't have any issues with the outcome but they do not like "how" things get there. I think these could have all been forgiven. But... The inconsistencies!

At the beginning of the last episode; Greyworm is ready to fight with Jon just because he argued about not killing the captives. But at the end; he only imprisons Jon who killed his queen.

Greyworm doesn't let Tyrion to talk at the beginning of the council scene; but suddenly Tyrion gets to choose the King of 7 - sorry - 6 Kingdoms.

Jon kills Dany. Drogon takes the body and flies away. There is no proof left of the murder. And yet Jon is in jail. That means he confessed. Is it noble or just a huge stupidity?

Bran becomes the new king. Sansa becomes the Queen in the North. Tyrion becomes the hand of the king. Bran is Jon's brother who knows he is heir to the throne and saw what Dany has done.
    Sansa wanted Dany to be removed all along.
    Tyrion was the one who talked through and convinced Jon to kill Dragon Queen.
    They have absolute power now and they all know Jon did the right thing. But still... They send Jon to the Night's Watch just because of Greyworm. Greyworm who left Westeros for like forever.
    Maybe I am the one who is dumb.
    No, you aren't dumb. The writing for the final 1.5 seasons was trash. There is a general consensus on this.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    And for a show that was relatively realistic and thoughtful at times in the way it dealt with disabled folks, I really cringed when Tyrion branded Bran as "Bran the Broken". I still hate that line.
    One of the first episodes in S1 was literally titled “Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things”
    Tyrion gives a special saddle to Bran so he can remain mobile and says to him “I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things.”

Also heard that the kid who played Bran said that there were only 3 things Martin told the D’s must be in the show: Shireen getting burned at the stake, Hodors back story, and Bran on the throne. Curious if George or the Ds will confirm/deny this
    That really doesn't make it any less offensive to me but thanks for pointing it out.
    Were you offended when the characters on the show referred to Tyrion as the imp and countless other derogatory terms for a little person?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    And for a show that was relatively realistic and thoughtful at times in the way it dealt with disabled folks, I really cringed when Tyrion branded Bran as "Bran the Broken". I still hate that line.
    One of the first episodes in S1 was literally titled “Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things”
    Tyrion gives a special saddle to Bran so he can remain mobile and says to him “I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things.”

Also heard that the kid who played Bran said that there were only 3 things Martin told the D’s must be in the show: Shireen getting burned at the stake, Hodors back story, and Bran on the throne. Curious if George or the Ds will confirm/deny this
    That really doesn't make it any less offensive to me but thanks for pointing it out.
    Were you offended when the characters on the show referred to Tyrion as the imp and countless other derogatory terms for a little person?
    I wasn't thrilled about it, No. I am disabled myself and my best friend has a nephew that's managed to make it over 30 with a severe form of spinal bifida. No easy feat. I cannot speak to the experience a little person goes through in this world but I know exactly how the disabled are treated and talked about firsthand and secondhand. When you've got people like Nick up there voting for a guy that mocks the disabled, I expect no less recrimination for having a concern about a line of dialogue. My God! You people have picked apart and complained about this entire season to death (nothing wrong with that) but fucking forbid I say something that I have a problem with. Gotcha, thanks.
    I don't have a problem with you bringing attention to your issues with Bran the Broken. My dad has been handicapped for the last 20 years.

I was just trying to figure out if other terminology the show uses offends you.

I personally never thought of it until you mentioned it. My dad has never mentioned it. Maybe if he was confined to a wheelchair, he'd feel different. In the books, I always looked at it as a way for Tyrion and Bran to bond with one another. That scene with him is a very important one.

You're the first person I've ever heard mention it, so it kind of caught me off guard. Nowadays, things like that are usually brought to light a lot sooner.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    My comment was made to address the name’s genesis, not your moral compass. A thousand pardons for the confusion
    Don’t you know everything offends everyone now? I mean it’s a show, set in a time where the language cripples, bastards, and broken things was commonly used.
    I'm offended because we are talking bout this. No I am not. I don't get offended much at all to be honest. I just dislike how weak, this skinned, and feeble people are today when it comes to all this "offensive" crap. I read an article about some high school where some kid did an "OK" sign that apparently is allegedly tided to some racist remark now. I never heard of such a thing and probably 99.9% of the population as well. So the school spent over $53,000 to fix their year books on something not many people know much about. Anyway, I am super excited for the "Deadwood" movie coming tomorrow and that show is extremely offensive. I can't wait to be offended .
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I heard the same thing about George and D&D. If true, Bran becoming king in the book still doesn't make sense to me. Then again, we will never get those books lol.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    I'm offended because we are talking bout this. No I am not. I don't get offended much at all to be honest. I just dislike how weak, this skinned, and feeble people are today when it comes to all this "offensive" crap. I read an article about some high school where some kid did an "OK" sign that apparently is allegedly tided to some racist remark now. I never heard of such a thing and probably 99.9% of the population as well. So the school spent over $53,000 to fix their year books on something not many people know much about. Anyway, I am super excited for the "Deadwood" movie coming tomorrow and that show is extremely offensive. I can't wait to be offended .
    Amen! I mean it’s crazy that people would get offended by the word cripple in a show about dragons and political intrigue. Look at what they did to the fan at wrigley for doing the okay sign. Banned from wrigley, for life. Meanwhile AOC MADE THE SYMBOL ON HER LIVE STREAM and no one is losing their minds. Oh well it’s the weird ass world we live in.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I heard the same thing about George and D&D. If true, Bran becoming king in the book still doesn't make sense to me. Then again, we will never get those books lol.
    I'm going to laugh at all you book 6 deniers when Winds of Winter comes out. You'd have a better chance of saying book 7 doesn't get released. Winds of Winter will most certainly be released at some point. The publishing company wouldn't stand for anything else.

My Mood
    Confused

If the publishing company wouldn't stand for it, why would they allow it to take so long to get the 6th book? I don't know much about publishing, but if there is a deal in place, can the author wait for a decade to release a book? There are no deadlines?

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to do a LOT More than laugh
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Who gave Greyworm all that power? There are people way more powerful than him making decisions. If he doesn't comply. He dies. He had no choice but to imprison Jon and let Tyrion talk.

Of course Jon confessed. That's such a Jon Snow/Ned Stark thing to do. Jon had to go to the NW. His presence alone would insight a war. The Dothraki and Unsullied followed Dany to the very ends of the world. They would not stand for him being king. I said in an earlier post that it's unlikely they wouldn't have started a war right there.
    This is my point also. Greyworm doesn't have any political rights and power. But he has a strong crowded army of Unsullied and Dothraki. Also; he could and would have killed Tyrion and Jon in the blink of and eye and start a war with... Who? Are there any more strong armies left? Also, I don't think he would care if he died or lost everything after that point. Instead he lets Jon go to The Wall. How does he know after he leaves they will keep their promises?

*edit* In the Long Night episode I thought all the Dothraki were erased from Westeros. And then half of them poped back out.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    No, you aren't dumb. The writing for the final 1.5 seasons was trash. There is a general consensus on this.
    Unfortunately. All hopes are on the books to come; if they ever come out...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NEVER............................................. ..........................
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Melike;1149575]
    In the Long Night episode I thought all the Dothraki were erased from Westeros. And then half of them popped back out.
    Wasn't hat was the Iron Man snap?

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    I'm going to do a LOT More than laugh
    Please make a video of yourself doing the victory dance because someone, somewhere, somewhen on the internet was wrong.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

it will be more like a nanny nanny booboo 🤣
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If the publishing company wouldn't stand for it, why would they allow it to take so long to get the 6th book? I don't know much about publishing, but if there is a deal in place, can the author wait for a decade to release a book? There are no deadlines?
    When you're a name like Martin, yes. I'm sure they are giving him extensions. We will get book 6 at some point. Book 7, that I'm not so sure about.

My Mood
    Confused

When you're a name like Martin, yes. I'm sure they are giving him extensions. We will get book 6 at some point. Book 7, that I'm not so sure about.
    Allegedly the summer of 2020, but I'm not holding my breath.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Book 6 for sure, Book 7... get Brandon Sanderson on the line lol.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

soooooooooooooo

are we not gonna talk about GOT winning Best Drama at the Emmy's last night? LOL

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't even realize the Emmys had happened yet.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I didn't either I heard them talking about it on the radio and was wondering what awards show they were discussing.

What was GoT up against? This season was a mess. Surprised they won it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I didn't either I heard them talking about it on the radio and was wondering what awards show they were discussing.

What was GoT up against? This season was a mess. Surprised they won it.
    I think they won it for the sum of all the seasons. I still don't think the season was that bad. I had some issues with some episodes, but I think people are being too hard on it. I think the problem is people built it up in their heads and had expectations for what should happen. It's hard for anything to live up to that.

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    soooooooooooooo

are we not gonna talk about GOT winning Best Drama at the Emmy's last night? LOL
    Too soon...

Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The HBO prequel with Naomi Watts has been cancelled.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast