Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 328 of 441 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 338 378 428 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    For some reason referring to
    Spoiler:
    a kid getting decapitated
    as a "pleasant surprise" made me laugh. I know what you meant, though.

Did you understand the ending right away? I had to do some Googling before it all clicked. Looking back, the clues and hints were really well planted.
    It does sound kind of sick doesn't it
    Spoiler:

But based on the trailer I thought the film was going to focus on the daughter. Reminded me of when I saw Scream in theaters and I thought Drew Barrymore was going to be the main star and she's killed off in the opening scene. I was not expecting that at all.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Spoiler:
    But based on the trailer I thought the film was going to focus on the daughter.
    Me too!
    Spoiler:
    I thought she was going to be the main character and end up having some kind of special abilities or something.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    You guys, I finally watched Hereditary. What a good film. It seriously creeped me out which isn't an easy thing to do. I really hate how most horror films these days rely soley on jump scares which have no lasting effect. This one did it right. It was filled with so much tension, which I find to be far scarier. I also really loved how they put something scary into the shot without focusing on it, and just left it there for you to discover. Also that shock early on, I totally did not see that coming so that was a really pleasant surprise. Did anyone else get a Shining vibe from this film? The close up's of peoples faces all distraught, the tracking shots through the hallways of the house, even the music was reminiscent of it to me. Definitely a very effective horror film, and I really do hope they continue to make more films like this in the future.
    I'm so happy you liked it! I was on the fence as to whether or not you would like it or not. I totally agree with The Shining vibe. The film did have some fantastic composition and cinematography.

My main quibble, and it really is small, was at the party.
    Spoiler:
    Showing the young lady chopping up peanuts for the cake was a little too obvious. For a film that treats the viewer very intelligently, I thought they were being a little too transparent there.
    Other than that, it's close to perfect.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did you see they're releasing a director's cut where the girl is chopping almonds instead of peanuts?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I rewatched Hush from Mike Flanagan, and it's such a great film. All aspiring genre filmmakers should study a film like this very closely. It's not an original concept, and even when embracing the cliches of a slasher/home invasion film, it finds a way to do it in a unique and/or realistic way. From simply making the protagonist a deaf mute, to having the killer shed their mask fairly early on, and keeping the violence constrained so that it never loses it's effectiveness, but also keeping the stakes high and grounded in reality. In most cases, the protagonist in a film like this will take a few hits, and maybe get stabbed once, but the protagonist in Hush takes some serious abuse, some of it is absolutely cringe-worthy. And she isn't a stupid character either, and she doesn't sit around and wait to die, but it's also realistic in how her great ideas don't always work out, and her getting in some shots on the killer seem as much a complete accident as it is a credit to her will to survive.

And the killer, once unmasked, where we can see his face, and we can hear him speak, makes his character infinitely more creepy and interesting than if he'd just kept the mask on. And as someone who is sick to death of these masked killers in movies (I blame The Strangers for making this shit popular), Hush was a breath of fresh air. I wasn't interested in watching it because of the mask, but it was Mike Flanagan so I had to check it out. I think Flanagan too wanted to shirk that tired image too, and it was done in a way that was logical to the plot and actually added some depth to the killer. Slapping a mask on your killer is just the laziest fucking thing. Why take the time to write a character and find the right person to play that character when you can just go OMG SPOOKY MASK! and call it a day?
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Halloween (2018). Viewed on large scree, with Dolby Atmos:

Ignoring the previous 9 or so sequels, this movie take place on Halloween, 40 years after Michael Meyers rampage. Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) has spent 40 years waiting for Meyers inevitable return. Now living in a cabin filled with weapons, booby traps and mannequins. She has managed to estrange her daughter with her "paranoid" behavior, but has a better relationship with her granddaughter. Of course Michael escapes after the transport bus he was on crashes, and the mayhem begins. Curtis holds her own in the physical confrontation at the end of the movie, but an out is left for a sequel.

4/6 on the RFSRS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Ignoring the previous 9 or so sequels, this movie take place on Halloween, 40 years after Michael Meyers rampage. Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) has spent 40 years waiting for Meyers inevitable return. Now living in a cabin filled with weapons, booby traps and mannequins. She has managed to estrange her daughter with her "paranoid" behavior, but has a better relationship with her granddaughter. Of course Michael escapes after the transport bus he was on crashes, and the mayhem begins. Curtis holds her own in the physical confrontation at the end of the movie, but an out is left for a sequel.

4/6 on the RFSRS
    I will be seeing it today. I'm not sure why anyone would think that it's a good idea to transport Michael Myers on Halloween.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

4/6 on the RFSRS
    I will be seeing it today. I'm not sure why anyone would think that it's a good idea to transport Michael Myers on Halloween.
    SPOILER

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I saw the new Halloween movie this weekend. I'd maybe give it a 6 or 7 out of 10. It's inevitable that I was going to be let down. I was really hoping for so much more from it. I get what RF was saying about it being a weird sequel and I completely agree. I don't want to say much and spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet. I will say though, that I really did enjoy all the nods to the original film. And I'm sure I didn't even catch all of them.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Did you see they're releasing a director's cut where the girl is chopping almonds instead of peanuts?
    Now, THAT makes sense! I will watch any director's cut of that film to be honest.

I enjoyed Halloween. I wasn't blown away, but I thought it was a competent horror film and a much better entry into the franchise than most of the sequels.

I also wanted
    Spoiler:
    the boyfriend to get it. I'm not sure why that wasn't included. Hopefully he eats it in the sequel.

There were quite a few nods to the original that I really appreciated. I especially liked and got chills when
    Spoiler:
    Laurie gets tossed out the window and lands on the lawn. Michael looks away and looks back and she's gone. Very cool.

Country
    Country Flag

Man, I want to be able to click on those spoiler tags.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has Anyone tried July 22 on Netflix? I am hearing it is REALLY good...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Denbrough View Post
    Man, I want to be able to click on those spoiler tags.
    Go ahead, Georgie. Click the spoiler tag. You know you want to, Georgie.

Country
    Country Flag

I can't. my arm got ripped off.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie Denbrough View Post
    I can't. my arm got ripped off.
    If you click on the "spoiler," you will float.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm really surprised I haven't seen more people talk about Bad Times at the El Royale. I feel like this one is falling under the radar. I think it's one of the more fresh, stylish films of the year with a kickass cast and a breakout performance from Cynthia Erivo. The film is directed by Drew Goddard, who directed the fantastic Cabin in the Woods. If you didn't know any better you would think El Royale was directed by Tarantino or the Coen brothers.

Check it out in theaters if you can, if not, don't miss it when it comes out for rent.

I'm really surprised I haven't seen more people talk about Bad Times at the El Royale. I feel like this one is falling under the radar. I think it's one of the more fresh, stylish films of the year with a kickass cast and a breakout performance from Cynthia Erivo. The film is directed by Drew Goddard, who directed the fantastic Cabin in the Woods. If you didn't know any better you would think El Royale was directed by Tarantino or the Coen brothers.

Check it out in theaters if you can, if not, don't miss it when it comes out for rent.
    I've been wanting to see this one but I don't think I'll be able to make it to the theaters before it's gone. Hopefully the dvd release isn't too far away.

Country
    Country Flag

I was looking forward to Bad Times but it's already down to one showtime at my theater. I know it didn't do amazingly well on opening weekend, but what gives?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I feel like all movies these days, aside from blockbusters, are only in the theater for 2 weeks and then they're either gone or down to 1-2 showtimes.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think you're right. It makes it hard to see everything you want to see. I don't understand it, especially because you spent years and millions of dollars on making a movie so it doesn't make sense to just keep it in theaters for two weeks (unless it's seriously not making any money).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It received tepid reviews, and at 2 hours and 21 minutes, (3 hours with previews) I just haven't been compelled to see it.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hunter Killer:

I'm a sucker for submarine movies, so I'll admit that up front. This movie requires quite a bit of suspension of disbelief, not only in the plot, but in the political climate depicted. Half way through the movie, a deus a machina drops in and really is a bit far fetched.

3.5 Beers on the RFSRS (half a beer added because I like sub flicks).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hunter Killer:

I'm a sucker for submarine movies, so I'll admit that up front. This movie requires quite a bit of suspension of disbelief, not only in the plot, but in the political climate depicted. Half way through the movie, a deus a machina drops in and really is a bit far fetched.

Crimson Tide is my personal favorite.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Hunter Killer:

I actually like Black Sea with Jude Law
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Hunter Killer:

I actually like Black Sea with Jude Law
    That's a good one too. It kind of flew under the radar.

At first I was legit going to use that line without thinking, but now I'm going to say pun intended.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 328 of 441 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 338 378 428 ... LastLast