Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3133

Thread: The Collectible Neil Gaiman

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I have Best New Horror #25. Not sure if I am going to spend the cash on another anthology right now. I'm not that big a fan of the PS books.

Why? because lately they all look like they are out of the same mold? I here you on that one
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ELazansky View Post
    I have Best New Horror #25. Not sure if I am going to spend the cash on another anthology right now. I'm not that big a fan of the PS books.

Why? because lately they all look like they are out of the same mold? I here you on that one
    The covers of their books lately are awful - did you see The Fireman cover? Wow....

And the books are, as you say, from the same mold. Nothing spectacular.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Any interest in 999 from CD? Signed by Gaiman, Powers etc. $90 shipped to US.

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

So.. as far as I can tell there is no pre-signed (on special tip-in sheet or no) US edition of NORSE MYTHOLOGY offered anywhere?

Ron

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The Strand is offering pre-signed copies:

http://www.strandbooks.com/pre-order...ogy-039360909x

Citizen of Gilead swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek is just really nice swintek's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Excellent- thank you!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I couldn't find a Gaiman discussion thread so here goes. Just picked up "American Gods" to read after seeing the promo for the new cable series. Anyone give me an idea what I'm in for? The blurb sounded very interesting as did the trailer.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

You sir are in for excellence.

My Mood
    Relaxed

It seems to be a Love It or Hate It kind of book. I think most of us here are in the Love It camp. It's one of my all time favorite novels, and I love the 2 shorter "Shadow" stories as well.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Booknutt View Post
    You sir are in for excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    It seems to be a Love It or Hate It kind of book. I think most of us here are in the Love It camp. It's one of my all time favorite novels, and I love the 2 shorter "Shadow" stories as well.
    Cool!!! I can't wait for my next "Constitutional"!!! LOL

Spoiler:
    These days my best reading is in the "library"!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

One of my favorites - but that probably goes for most on this thread
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Country
    Country Flag

Only 2 months until Patrick and I (and the wives) get to meet Neil - hoping I can get a couple extra books signed.

Thanks for strand link for signed copies - already bought Goldsboro - will prob get US version as well
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Gunslinger Apprentice Booknutt is on a distinguished road Booknutt's Avatar

Apparently Norton is offering signed US copies. My local bookseller that knows I like Neil contacted me today to see if I wanted one of the two copies they received. She said she was surprised by them. They were just packed in her regular order.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Mysterious Bookshop has signed copies as well. Wonder if these will indeed be those pre-signed tip-in jobs that he usually does. Weird that there's been no real mention of them, though. I forget- is he doing an in-store at The Strand, and those copies will be signed at the event?

http://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/pr...orse-mythology

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by swintek View Post
    Mysterious Bookshop has signed copies as well. Wonder if these will indeed be those pre-signed tip-in jobs that he usually does. Weird that there's been no real mention of them, though. I forget- is he doing an in-store at The Strand, and those copies will be signed at the event?

http://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/pr...orse-mythology
    The Strand is an in store event - looks like he is physically only there and then a few days later in London. It might just be a speaking engagement with pre-signed copies. Then he will be at some smaller venues for meet n greet and Q&A over the next few months.

09 Feb 2017 New York, NY
    Norse Mythology [STANDARD SEATING SOLD OUT]
    15 Feb 2017 London, UK
    Norse Mythology [STANDARD SEATING SOLD OUT]
    29 Mar 2017 San Diego, CA
    An Evening with Neil Gaiman
    30 Mar 2017 Costa Mesa, CA
    31 Mar 2017 Santa Rosa, CA
    01 Apr 2017 Mesa, AZ
    02 Apr 2017 Seattle, WA
    04 Apr 2017 Boston, MA
    Author Talk: Neil Gaiman
    15 Apr 2017 Annandale-on-Hudson, New York
    Neil Gaiman and American Gods
    06 Jul 2017 Austin, TX
    Long Center Presents Neil Gaiman
    07 Jul 2017 Dallas, TX
    08 Jul 2017 Houston, TX
    Society for the Performing Arts presents Neil Gaiman
    10 Jul 2017 Hartford, CT

http://www.neilgaiman.com/where/
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

Mysterious Bookshop is all sold out - but you can still pre-order from the Strand - that might lead me to believe that these will be signed day of event - based upon how many orders they have? Since the tickets to the event include a signed copy - but who the heck knows...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

My Mood
    Relaxed

Mysterious Bookshop is all sold out - but you can still pre-order from the Strand - that might lead me to believe that these will be signed day of event - based upon how many orders they have? Since the tickets to the event include a signed copy - but who the heck knows...
    Wow, those (Mysterious Bookshop) copies went fast. Those had to be pre-signed copies, right? I only keep harping on this because I prefer the pre-signed, tip-in sheet "editions", whenever offered. For 2 reasons: They are (seemingly) more "limited" than a regular trade copy (signed or not), and- the signatures are de facto confirmed "authentic" by their nature. There's never a question.

Incidentally- and sort of unrelated- I'm curious as to why some of you would chase the UK pre-signed copies, and not necessarily the US editions (or, as an after-thought). Keeping with standard (old-school) book collecting principals, you collect the edition from which county the author is primarily associated with. Admittedly, this is a really tough call with Neil, with his dual nationalities, but when it's a toss up (as it might be here), you go with the "better" edition, and just down to quality of raw materials- that's nearly always US. So- thoughts?

Ron

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not picky - lately I've been getting 1 of each (US and U.K.). It seems like the U.K. Signed books have been more widely advertised and easier to pre-order lately. i.e. From Goldsboro or waterstones. Whereas we've had to search a bit more for the us edition - which this forum has helped track most of these places down. Honestly, lately I think the U.K. Books (via goldsboro or waterstones or headline) tend to be nicer book quality than the US versions.

I don't go searching for all of the various signed editions - like those on a tipped in sheet vs flatsigned. If they're bought directly from a bookstore, especially one with an author event - that's all the proof I need. As an aside sometimes those U.K. Books are printed/released earlier than the US version too.

Lately we haven't been sure if there'll be US signed copies - so I'll be happy just to grab one - wether us or U.K. All of the goldsboro signed copies had sold out a few weeks ago as well - last time I checked the site they didn't have it listed in inventory anymore. That leads me to believe that there aren't a ton of signed copies. Maybe a few hundred to a few thousand? Typically in past for pre-signed tipped in books he's signed about 2K-5K - but this seems less than that - since signed copies haven't been that publicized and small Indy shops are only getting a handful of copies.
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

...and at least the UK editions never have deckled page edges!!

My Mood
    Relaxed

I'm not picky - lately I've been getting 1 of each (US and U.K.). It seems like the U.K. Signed books have been more widely advertised and easier to pre-order lately. i.e. From Goldsboro or waterstones. Whereas we've had to search a bit more for the us edition - which this forum has helped track most of these places down. Honestly, lately I think the U.K. Books (via goldsboro or waterstones or headline) tend to be nicer book quality than the US versions.

I don't go searching for all of the various signed editions - like those on a tipped in sheet vs flatsigned. If they're bought directly from a bookstore, especially one with an author event - that's all the proof I need. As an aside sometimes those U.K. Books are printed/released earlier than the US version too.

Lately we haven't been sure if there'll be US signed copies - so I'll be happy just to grab one - wether us or U.K. All of the goldsboro signed copies had sold out a few weeks ago as well - last time I checked the site they didn't have it listed in inventory anymore. That leads me to believe that there aren't a ton of signed copies. Maybe a few hundred to a few thousand? Typically in past for pre-signed tipped in books he's signed about 2K-5K - but this seems less than that - since signed copies haven't been that publicized and small Indy shops are only getting a handful of copies.
    All valid points! Thanks for them. Very sound reasoning.

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    ...and at least the UK editions never have deckled page edges!!
    Hmm. Even though deckled edges are traditionally a hallmark of fine press books- I tend to agree with you; they're a pain to "thumb" through.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Alabama Booksmith has signed US copies.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Alabama Booksmith has signed US copies.
    You beat me to that - if only I had seen their email before I ordered one from The Strand - I would have given them my business
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

Country
    Country Flag

I have no idea about that one - but look forward to hearing about it...
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344

My Mood
    Relaxed

I have no idea about that one - but look forward to hearing about it...
    Oh boy. Now you've got me wondering about my memory so I'm deleting the comment until I can look back on the issue. So, no problems with The Strand, then?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 126 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast