Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 167 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 4158

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I just leave the stickers on.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have Cronin and Ellison collection envy... What are those massive "Essential Ellison" volumes, Steve? Are the part of a series, or multiple copies of the same book? Are they S/L's?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those Outsiders look nice! Looking forward to seeing the other copies you acquire.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    I have Cronin and Ellison collection envy... What are those massive "Essential Ellison" volumes, Steve? Are the part of a series, or multiple copies of the same book? Are they S/L's?
    Talking about Harlan Ellison...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

THE ESSENTIAL ELLISON books are various editions: S/N (I never did get the lettered), trade HC, trade PB, Book Club edition, Morpheus Editions, Swedish edition which I just very recently purchased from his website. They also did a 50 year retrospective.
    I found the King paperbacks today at Wal-Mart, then I went and saw a movie, and I was in a pretty good mood until I heard about Ellison's death. I've been collecting his books for a very long time, and I find this very, very sad.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Wait a minute. You found The Mist and The Body at Walmart today? Might need to take a quick trip to mine then.

Cool books as usual. I don’t know of Ellison but I’m guessing he’s awesome?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Oh I forgot to ask. You posted a copy of The Mist once that you said was rare. If you get a chance could you let me know the publisher or ISBN for it? I want to see if I can find one.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought of you as soon as I heard the news of Ellison... Very sad, indeed...

My Mood
    Chatty

Oh geez, I missed the part about Ellison’s death and how it affected you before I posted my last two posts. Let me take my foot out of my mouth so I can apologize. Sorry, Steve.

Hey, all is good. I had a perfect opportunity to meet Ellison once and I decided to stay home and study for a test I had the next day instead while two of my buddies went and had their books signed by him. What a dummy I was!

I don't know how rare that MIST is but it's a Hodder PROMOTIONAL COPY NOT FOR SALE from 2008.

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Ah man what a bummer! I was looking Ellison up after seeing these posts and remembered I had just added him to my Goodreads “Want to Read” list twice in the last two weeks or so. Just the other day I added “Dangerous Visions” and probably a couple weeks ago I added “Shatterday,” “I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream,” and “Deathbird Stories.” The image of the “Shatterday” copy on Goodreads has King (I think it’s him) on the cover, arm wrestling a snake!

Thanks for the info on MIST!

A new UK trade paperback of ARTEMIS has been released:

I was in a funny mood, so I took these pictures, which include King's comedy classic:

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the ZAZ collection!!! I met Leslie Nielsen a few times... one of my all-time favorite actors!!

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Love the ZAZ collection!!! I met Leslie Nielsen a few times... one of my all-time favorite actors!!
    You met Leslie Nielsen? I am jealous! He's also in FORBIDDEN PLANET, which is on my top 10 best movies of all time list.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    You met Leslie Nielsen? I am jealous! He's also in FORBIDDEN PLANET, which is on my top 10 best movies of all time list.
    Yeah, he was close with a couple of DJs in Milwaukee, and I met him at a couple events they hosted. Super nice, and always doing practical jokes. Naked Gun is still one of my favorite comedies of all time.

This is possibly the most dangerous post I've ever attempted:

Country
    Country Flag

That's a lot of Dangerous Visions! A lot of everything!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    Any signed copies?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Very nice!
    Any signed copies?
    The 35th anniversary edition at the upper right is signed.

My Mood
    Chatty

Are Ellison signatures rare?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Are Ellison signatures rare?
    I highly doubt it.
    I know the last book he officially signed was BLOOD'S A ROVER before announcing he was incapable of doing any more autographs.
    The same happened with Philip Jose Farmer and Richard Matheson. Once they announced they could do no more signatures, they died soon after (not immediately, but within a year or so).

I got these in the mail from CD today. Not one, but two lettered editions of I'M NOT SAM by Jack Ketchum and Lucky McKee, I have no idea why they sent two:

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I got these in the mail from CD today. Not one, but two lettered editions of I'M NOT SAM by Jack Ketchum and Lucky McKee, I have no idea why they sent two:

Are you kidding?! Is one of them a one letter and the other a two letter? Could be they know you’re a completist.

As a matter of fact that is the case, 'X' and 'ZZ'.

I'll find out what's going on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 167 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 ... LastLast