Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Whelan, Artist

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A couple of new acquisitions from Michael and Audrey will be posted within the next couple of weeks.

An appetizer, 1 of 26, will arrive next week and an original piece, 1 of 1 will be received the week of 4/17. It's gonna' be SICK!

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    A couple of new acquisitions from Michael and Audrey will be posted within the next couple of weeks.

An appetizer, 1 of 26, will arrive next week and an original piece, 1 of 1 will be received the week of 4/17. It's gonna' be SICK!
    Congrats! Can't wait to see them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking forward to this

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh me too!!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

While I await my next acquisition from Michael and Audrey, I received this today which, despite knowing it was coming, simply blows me away.

While some of you might likely have a copy of this in your collection, I understand the distribution to be extremely rare and closely guarded by Michael. Only two copies of the 26 remain and they are reserved for their children.

Bound in Leather and Suede, each copy of the Lettered Edition of The Art of Michael Whelan includes an original prelim/study from a piece featured in the book. My copy includes THE TEMPLE OF THE ORACLE that is published on page 118.

Words cannot express the appreciation I have towards Michael and Audrey and I am honored and humbled to have this publication forever reside in my collection.

Given the rarity, wanted to share pics. Can share more upon request.

Stay tuned for another epic reveal late next week.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit! I'm floored. That's an amazing production and an acquisition to treasure for sure. Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Wanted:

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

That is simply amazing! I can't even imagine owning that. A huge congrats and I'm so glad this beautiful book (and drawing) are in your collection!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

like.. what do you say to that? lol WOW! Your VERY lucky to have that brother... congrats
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm speechless.
    Congratulations!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Lovely. I didn't even know there was a lettered edition.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    While I await my next acquisition from Michael and Audrey, I received this today which, despite knowing it was coming, simply blows me away.

While some of you might likely have a copy of this in your collection, I understand the distribution to be extremely rare and closely guarded by Michael. Only two copies of the 26 remain and they are reserved for their children.

Bound in Leather and Suede, each copy of the Lettered Edition of The Art of Michael Whelan includes an original prelim/study from a piece featured in the book. My copy includes THE TEMPLE OF THE ORACLE that is published on page 118.

Words cannot express the appreciation I have towards Michael and Audrey and I am honored and humbled to have this publication forever reside in my collection.

Given the rarity, wanted to share pics. Can share more upon request.

Stay tuned for another epic reveal late next week.

Hey! i recognize that sketch!!!! lol

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Wow, I never knew there was a lettered edition either. Simply stunning, Tim! Congrats!
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the notes of congrats! It is now resting comfortably on my shelves.

Next week, adding something to the wall.

Stay tuned!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Michael Whelan says, "Before you buy that Dark Tower t-shirt..."

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I was working with Mike and Audrey on a T-shirt based on a piece of art I had about a year ago. When we met it was pretty much decided that there would be no T-shirt as it was felt to "cheapen" their brand. I would NEVER support someone who sells a shirt with Michael's work on it... as I know it is not endorsed. I should hope all his fans here would do the same and avoid/report anyone who does it. Shame on them... it is theft. Period.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice bast_imret is on a distinguished road bast_imret's Avatar

AKC, the whole presentation of that book is a work of art. The traycase, the binding, it's quite beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pics!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I was working with Mike and Audrey on a T-shirt based on a piece of art I had about a year ago. When we met it was pretty much decided that there would be no T-shirt as it was felt to "cheapen" their brand. I would NEVER support someone who sells a shirt with Michael's work on it... as I know it is not endorsed. I should hope all his fans here would do the same and avoid/report anyone who does it. Shame on them... it is theft. Period.
    Are these the guys who were at the Riverside event and had a bunch of T-shirts there?

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Are these the guys who were at the Riverside event and had a bunch of T-shirts there?
    Yes. I have one of the shirts from the HF auction

Country
    Country Flag

Folks here might appreciate the latest Leftovers & & Palette Gremlins, "Dark Fortune"
    Wanted:

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is awesome!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    That is awesome!
    Yeah I love it

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Received my latest acquisition from Michael and Audrey today......Two Original pieces from the Dark Tower VII.

The Dark Tower: CORNERED: 28" x 18" Oil on Panel

The water and the drain in the floor, Jake's left hand, the rope, the curl of Oy's tail, and other elements in this interior illustration from THE DARK TOWER VII intentionally form the number 9 backwards and forwards.

The Dark Tower: EVIDENCE: 5" x 5" Ink on Paper

Country
    Country Flag

Speechless. HUGE CONGRATS!!!!

Wanted:

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Great pick ups AKC!!!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm speechless. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast