Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 727 of 890 FirstFirst ... 227 627 677 717 725 726 727 728 729 737 777 827 ... LastLast
Results 18,151 to 18,175 of 22245

Thread: Cemetery Dance discussion thread

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I ordered LOST IN TIME AND SPACE WITH LEFTY FEEP VOLUME TWO by Robert Bloch from Creatures at Large in 1987, paying for both the hardcover and paperback editions.

I'm still waiting.

CD ain't so bad.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Brian, by the way I want to thank you for your explanation on Facebook about the design differences between Cardinal Black and the previous volumes in the series. I had also wondered why you hadn't followed the previous design more closely, and having you respond to the question in FB was very informative.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Brian, by the way I want to thank you for your explanation on Facebook about the design differences between Cardinal Black and the previous volumes in the series. I had also wondered why you hadn't followed the previous design more closely, and having you respond to the question in FB was very informative.
    Can you share the post? I can’t seem to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Happy to! It was asked why we didn't keep the thematic cover design for CARDINAL BLACK that had been established by Subterranean Press for the previous books in the series, especially since we have the same cover designer as Bill uses.

The reason for the change in design is because Subterranean Press asked that we not use the same design. We actually had the cover ready to go based on the previous design when this came up, and we discussed the situation with McCammon and his agent, and it was decided it would best for everyone involved to go in a new direction for the look and feel of the rest of the books.

I do completely understand why collectors who were looking forward to a more matched set on their bookshelf might be disappointed, and I do think you will be pleased with the design inside the book because it's rather beautiful. (And I think you will be very pleased with the story itself, of course!)

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

I'm always happy to share information when I can and when I see a question posted. I don't think we (as a company) share nearly as much as we should about what we're doing, the process of how the projects go from proposal to published book, etc, but it's a part of the company I'm constantly trying to push to a better place.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Happy to! It was asked why we didn't keep the thematic cover design for CARDINAL BLACK that had been established by Subterranean Press for the previous books in the series, especially since we have the same cover designer as Bill uses.

The reason for the change in design is because Subterranean Press asked that we not use the same design. We actually had the cover ready to go based on the previous design when this came up, and we discussed the situation with McCammon and his agent, and it was decided it would best for everyone involved to go in a new direction for the look and feel of the rest of the books.

I do completely understand why collectors who were looking forward to a more matched set on their bookshelf might be disappointed, and I do think you will be pleased with the design inside the book because it's rather beautiful. (And I think you will be very pleased with the story itself, of course!)

Brian
    The cover looks fantastic. Good work. I never really liked the old covers that much. I don't think they did these books justice.

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

Brian, thanks for the info. 2 questions if i may:
    1. is the limited of cardinal black will have additional stuff vs the trade? i'm talking about additional short story or artwork like sub press did on previous editions.
    2. is del toro's night eternal will release this decade? ;-)
    thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    Brian, thanks for the info. 2 questions if i may:
    1. is the limited of cardinal black will have additional stuff vs the trade? i'm talking about additional short story or artwork like sub press did on previous editions.
    We did discuss the idea of adding an additional story for the signed editions, but it wasn't possible this time.

Quote Originally Posted by zachip View Post
    2. is del toro's night eternal will release this decade? ;-) thanks in advance.
    Things are looking pretty good right now! I'm hoping to send the book to the printer this summer, but I don't want to list the book for preorder until at least that point, just to be safe! I'm trying to cut down on the wait between payment and shipment whenever possible.

I can promise the book hasn't been forgotten, though!

Brian

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian, was there ever a rough date for the Fright or Flight lettered?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I'm not 100% on this, but I kinda just assumed the hold up there was Sleeping Beauties and Night Shift.

The Flight or Fright AE & Lettered Edition will go to the printer after Sleeping Beauties and Night Shift. It's basically in the home stretch in terms of production, though!

I know you know this info I'm about to post, but a lot of people missed the original update, so I'm going to post the "big" update about these editions right here for easy reference:

"We're upgrading the book's design to TWO COLOR interior printing on a larger trim size, which wasn't promised originally. We're also thrilled to report that while we originally planned on six or seven exclusive illustrations from Cortney Skinner that won't appear in the trade hardcover edition, he's been working day and night to deliver 17 (!) pieces of artwork instead, one for each story! Also, as we have mentioned before, the Lettered Edition will be housed in a custom-made box unlike anything we've ever produced for ANY book ever before. In fact, it's been a very long time since any publisher has attempted this style of case for a Stephen King book. We'll let you know how things work out!"

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Flight or Fright AE & Lettered Edition will go to the printer after Sleeping Beauties and Night Shift. It's basically in the home stretch in terms of production, though!

I know you know this info I'm about to post, but a lot of people missed the original update, so I'm going to post the "big" update about these editions right here for easy reference:

"We're upgrading the book's design to TWO COLOR interior printing on a larger trim size, which wasn't promised originally. We're also thrilled to report that while we originally planned on six or seven exclusive illustrations from Cortney Skinner that won't appear in the trade hardcover edition, he's been working day and night to deliver 17 (!) pieces of artwork instead, one for each story! Also, as we have mentioned before, the Lettered Edition will be housed in a custom-made box unlike anything we've ever produced for ANY book ever before. In fact, it's been a very long time since any publisher has attempted this style of case for a Stephen King book. We'll let you know how things work out!"
    I am most excited for this one above the others you good folks have coming down the pipeline!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Brian & Dan,
    When do you expect the CD Grab Bag Club 2018 #3 and #4 to be shipped?

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Brian & Dan,
    3 has been ready since the end of November, I just hadn't had a good place to work it into the schedule. At this point it's going to ship with 4 which I currently have roughly 3/4ths of the items for. I believe the last item should be here this month. So 3 and 4 should ship together either late this month or super early next month. The 2 signed bonus items will be signed by Brian and Norman Prettiness.

These have been pretty difficult to put together, it's been really difficult to anticipate what we'll have in stock a year in advance. Especially considering our "sell out" rate pre-publication has been pretty high this year (for limited editions). I don't think we'll be doing a grab bag club again. It was an interesting idea, just in practice a little too difficult to pull off.

Gunslinger Apprentice playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman has a spectacular aura about playdohman's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by playdohman View Post
    Brian & Dan,
    3 has been ready since the end of November, I just hadn't had a good place to work it into the schedule. At this point it's going to ship with 4 which I currently have roughly 3/4ths of the items for. I believe the last item should be here this month. So 3 and 4 should ship together either late this month or super early next month. The 2 signed bonus items will be signed by Brian and Norman Prettiness.

These have been pretty difficult to put together, it's been really difficult to anticipate what we'll have in stock a year in advance. Especially considering our "sell out" rate pre-publication has been pretty high this year (for limited editions). I don't think we'll be doing a grab bag club again. It was an interesting idea, just in practice a little too difficult to pull off.
    Thank you!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...but just FYI, in the past our slipcase maker has suggested you can "work" a slipcase to be a little looser by sliding a just-slightly thicker book in and out 20 to 30 times...
    FWIW everyone I thought this was a silly idea but I tried it today and it worked

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    ...but just FYI, in the past our slipcase maker has suggested you can "work" a slipcase to be a little looser by sliding a just-slightly thicker book in and out 20 to 30 times...
    FWIW everyone I thought this was a silly idea but I tried it today and it worked
    I did this with pretty much every single slipcase for Gone Girl. Something happened between the prototype and the actual production run were that case ended up too tight. We were attempting to stretch them out by hand but I ended up finding a book that was just enough bigger to work. I don't think we ever figured out how that ended up happening.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hi Brian,

Many months back there was a discussion about a book you guys were doing for the members of a previous CDCC. I think it was some kind of collectors guide with many photo's taken from Bob Jackson's collection. Is there any update on this? Was wondering if there would be anyway for people who didn't subscribe to that years' CDCC could get their hands on a copy. Although I don't normally collect books about King, this is one I would be interested in, even if it is just a trade edition.

Also, what is the status of "Shining in the Dark", it seems the slipcases are taking a very long time, considering the book was released in March of last year.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Hi Brian, Many months back there was a discussion about a book you guys were doing for the members of a previous CDCC. I think it was some kind of collectors guide with many photo's taken from Bob Jackson's collection. Is there any update on this? Was wondering if there would be anyway for people who didn't subscribe to that years' CDCC could get their hands on a copy. Although I don't normally collect books about King, this is one I would be interested in, even if it is just a trade edition.
    There will most likely be a trade edition. I'm not 100% sure how much of the photo gallery, which will be a crazy number of full-color glossy pages in the Limited Edition, will be in a trade edition if we want the price to be at all reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Also, what is the status of "Shining in the Dark", it seems the slipcases are taking a very long time, considering the book was released in March of last year.
    Waiting on an update from Mindy about this one, but I suspect we'll be sending the project to a different slipcase maker given the way things are going. I'll definitely post more when I know more!

Brian

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wo wo wo. No chance to get that book in the limited edition?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I'm sure there will be some extras to offer after the book ships. There were cancellations for the club over the year, but we set the number for the signature sheet based on the initial sign-up numbers!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh...I'm in for a copy for sure!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I was one of the proof readers. It's a good book.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I'm sure there will be some extras to offer after the book ships. There were cancellations for the club over the year, but we set the number for the signature sheet based on the initial sign-up numbers!

I am second in line! Thanks Brian!!!!!!

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

I like the idea of CD sending a photographer to each collector and taking pictures of their books and making a book. Has to be expensive, but I hope you can come and do my collection next!

Actually, I would like to see Sentinal's, Explorers and Alec's collection in book form!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 727 of 890 FirstFirst ... 227 627 677 717 725 726 727 728 729 737 777 827 ... LastLast