Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 182 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4536

Thread: PS Publishing - Stephen King Anniversary Editions

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MLG View Post
    Below is from PS website:

EDITIONS
    974 Jacketed Hardcovers [numbered 27–1000] in an illustrated Slipcase- Signed by Joe Hill — ISBN 978-1-786360-42-7 [£70]
    26 Oversized JHC [lettered A–Z], with 2 lost chapters, in a Traycase - Signed by Joe Hill and David Stoupakis — ISBN 978-1-786360-43-4 [£495] [SOLD OUT]
    How common a practice is this numbering pattern? I don't think I've ever seen one like it before. It seems like if you are lucky enough to collect Hill Limiteds that are numbered 1 - 26, you kind of get the short end of the stick as far as completing your collection. Just curious.
    I am not really sure how common it is but I have seen it on more than this edition.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny007 View Post
    Have any folks on this side of the Atlantic received the lettered Skeleton Crew? I was led to believe that these would be distributed by the end of October. Then it was to be sometime in December. And I finally saw that they would be shipped in early January. Not here in Virginia yet.
    I'm on the "other" side of the Atlantic, meaning Europe, and I still haven't received my copy either. Expecting delivery next week....But I lost track how often I thought this.
    Not really sure why there's no shipping notice, including track&trace.

sk
    Wow, that's amazing. Misery loves company in many cases but that is really sad. I hope you get your copy before I get my mine...I just hope it arrives before the end of February!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Question for Pete...

In another thread there is a discussion on the Colorado Kid books, specifically the Unsigned Trade and the Artist Editions (not signed by King). At the time of release, there were two slipcases made available at an extra cost, one Green and one Blue.

The question is, which slipcase was matched with which set? The Catalog states Blue for AE and Green for Unsigned, but some members have theirs the other way around.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoke to Pete this morning, he has confirmed that the slipcases are as I stated above, ie:

Blue = AE set
    Green = Unsigned set

Thanks again Pete!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    Have any folks on this side of the Atlantic received the lettered Skeleton Crew? I was led to believe that these would be distributed by the end of October. Then it was to be sometime in December. And I finally saw that they would be shipped in early January. Not here in Virginia yet.
    I'm on the "other" side of the Atlantic, meaning Europe, and I still haven't received my copy either. Expecting delivery next week....But I lost track how often I thought this.
    Not really sure why there's no shipping notice, including track&trace.

sk
    Wow, that's amazing. Misery loves company in many cases but that is really sad. I hope you get your copy before I get my mine...I just hope it arrives before the end of February!
    Well...another two weeks have come and gone....and still no lettered Skeleton crew for the Netherlands.
    Unfortunately, I don't even know the exact dat the books has bee shipped.
    Again, no way to track its journey. Now I do hope Pete can track it from his side.
    Pete?

sk

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I just received my copies and a customer I know got his in PA.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

posted this in the Hill thread but I thought I would repost here in hopes that I can find my number:

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    did anyone receive # 171 of the S/N LE of the Fireman?

I ordered my copy through Camelot books and my number was not matched even though they asked for it from PS Publishing.

Very disappointed as I have multiple other Joe Hill books including both editions of 20th Century Ghosts in 171
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to their newsletter, PS is selling 25 mint copies of THINNER that were kept in a box for decades.
    Looks like they sell the copies Gerald found, upgrading them with a custom slipcase.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    According to their newsletter, PS is selling 25 mint copies of THINNER that were kept in a box for decades.
    Looks like they sell the copies Gerald found, upgrading them with a custom slipcase.
    Let me get this straight... now we are lettering plain 1st editions? OMG... I have seen it all now. SMH
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Let me get this straight... now we are lettering plain 1st editions? OMG... I have seen it all now. SMH
    For the rest of the story: they're 325 GPB, or $406.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    For the rest of the story: they're $325.
    Is that not pounds? So over $400 PLUS shipping.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

For the rest of the story: they're 325 GPB, or $406.

£325

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Ouch! I would buy one for 100 pounds, but it will be interesting to see if someone buys them. Wish Gerald would of sold them himself. OOH Well.

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I dont think they are lettered....jsut coincidentally there were 26 of them in a box!

for sale here: http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/thinne...man-4265-p.asp

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Ouch! I would buy one for 100 pounds, but it will be interesting to see if someone buys them. Wish Gerald would of sold them himself. OOH Well.
    He did. To Pete obviously. I just cannot wrap my head around this... I will be surprised if many collectors step up and fall for this but you never know. Someone could need a mint copy to fill a hole in their collection... who knows!??

And I find it funny he says there are (were) 26... I remember Gerald's post and it was only 25 of them...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    I dont think they are lettered....jsut coincidentally there were 26 of them in a box!

for sale here: http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/thinne...man-4265-p.asp
    oh no you are right, they are 'lettering' them in an accompanying letter (not in the actual book)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Sounds like a hand-off to Dragon Rebound would be a good thing...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Citizen of Gilead RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX is just really nice RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Almost nothing surprises me when it comes to SK collecting prices, but this does a bit. It looks like you can get a mint copy of that book on ebay for less than $100. I don't blame PS though as they may sell them anyway. Maybe folks think there is something special about them because they were stored in Bangor and have a slipcase. They do look nice, but not that nice.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow.... £325 each. It will be interesting to see what "living in a box safe from harm and protected from sunlight" (mint) does to a collectible book worth around $100 Fine.

(And, of course, we can't direct all of the shock of the price to Pete / PS Publishing - it all depends on how much he paid for these from Gerald [or whoever] in the first place)...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Wow.... £325 each. It will be interesting to see what "living in a box safe from harm and protected from sunlight" (mint) does to a collectible book worth around $100 Fine.

(And, of course, we can't direct all of the shock of the price to Pete / PS Publishing - it all depends on how much he paid for these from Gerald [or whoever] in the first place)...
    Something tells me $200... but I might be wrong... I cannot remember 100%. Someone on here will as it was talked about.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Something tells me $200... but I might be wrong... I cannot remember 100%. Someone on here will as it was talked about.
    OK. Just went hunting and saw the Facebook post on "Gerald Winters and Son" Facebook page. Thirteenth January the "Sold" post is announced for these Thinners. In the comments of this post, on the 14th January, Gerald actually responds to a question you ask Kris: "They were $425 each".

At today's exchange rate, $425 = £340. So, there must have been a bulk-discount applied, a wildly different exchange rate at the time of purchase, or PS are running at a loss (of course not)...

Here's Gerald Winters & Son Facebook Link. Go to Jan 13...
    https://www.facebook.com/GWandSonBooks/?fref=ts
    Last edited by peripheral; 03-24-2017 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Include Facebook Link

Country
    Country Flag

OK. Just went hunting and saw the Facebook post on "Gerald Winters and Son" Facebook page. Thirteenth January the "Sold" post is announced for these Thinners. In the comments of this post, on the 14th January, Gerald actually responds to a question you ask Kris: "They were $425 each".

At today's exchange rate, $425 = £340. So, there must have been a bulk-discount applied, a wildly different exchange rate at the time of purchase, or PS are running at a loss (of course not)...

Here's Gerald Winters & Son Facebook Link. Go to Jan 13...
    https://www.facebook.com/GWandSonBooks/?fref=ts
    Cool! Thanks for the search brother. I would imagine a deal was made where Pete took them all. Just not sure why they need a letter?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

The specific mention that it came from Bangor, Maine and has "rather appropriate provenance" could suggest to some -- those who do not hang out here and/or are unaware of Gerald's involvement -- that it came from King's own stash of author copies, thus arguably justifying the price. I'm not suggesting that Pete was intentionally misleading in his ad copy, but I can certainly how some could read it as such, which would be unfortunate.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not just one letter! A note and then a letter confirming the individual letter. I'm a bit confused too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Sounds like a hand-off to Dragon Rebound would be a good thing...
    These might be too good for one of those projects, since they would be stripped down to the page block anyway. Might as well pay less for copies that have issues with areas except the page block. Though obviously defer to Paul on all things Dragon Rebound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 136 of 182 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast