Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Movie Thread

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Default 2014 Movie Thread

2014 List

The Fitzgerald Family Christmas
    Berberian Sound Studio
    Lars and the Real Girl *
    Cape Fear *
    The Spiral Staircase
    Warm Bodies

*rewatch
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice! I've been waiting for this. Let the listing begin. Heather, what did you think of Warm Bodies?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)
    Lone Survivor

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Didn't really care for it at all. Have you seen it?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Heather! And what'd you think about The Spiral Staircase (you saw the old one, right?)? I thought I would end up liking it much better than I did.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Actually, it was one of my favorite films of the year.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll see if I can keep this list going. Last year was the closest I'd got to keeping it up but I hated doing it on my phone and didn't really have a PC and always forgot what I'd watched between updates so I said screw it around July/August

2014:

American Hustle
    The Naked Gun: Files From Police Squad (RW)
    The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Final Insult (RW)
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Thanks for getting the ball rolling, Heather! And what'd you think about The Spiral Staircase (you saw the old one, right?)? I thought I would end up liking it much better than I did.
    So did I. I was a little disappointed because I thought it was going to be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    One of your favorites? Wow. What did you like so much about it?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List

1. Dirty Dancing*
    2. Would you rather?

*rewatch
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I'll see if I can keep this list going. Last year was the closest I'd got to keeping it up but I hated doing it on my phone and didn't really have a PC and always forgot what I'd watched between updates so I said screw it around July/August
    Yeah, I got really bad with updating the list at around July of last year and I ended up just saying fuck it. Hopefully I'll be much better at that this year. Same with my movie reviews.

I plan on making American Hustle my first 2014 film.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    So did I. I was a little disappointed because I thought it was going to be a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    One of your favorites? Wow. What did you like so much about it?
    I just thought it was a new and interesting twist on a genre that has been over-saturated in recent years. I ranked Warm Bodies #2 on my most underrated films of 2013. Here is an excerpt from my list:

The zombie genre has really blown up over the past few years and maybe people are just exhausted by it now. Warm Bodies is a new twist on the genre though.

A coming-of-age zombie story that has more romance and comedy than most romantic comedies. Warm Bodies did okay at the box office, bringing in 66 million dollars, but it should have been even better.

Nicholas Hoult plays R, a zombie with a heart, he just can't express his feelings. On the outside, he looks like a zombie, but the person he was before is still inside. Soon he meets Julie, and something begins to stir in his body. Is it possible he could be human again?

What transpires is very much like the story to Romeo & Juliet. Many of the best scenes deals with R trying to awkwardly get to know Julie. Many of the scenes deal with normal problems of any teenage boy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List

1. Dirty Dancing*
    2. Would you rather?
    3. You're Next

*rewatch

BTW - I loved Warm Bodies. I got a signed copy of the book when it was released and was so excited when I found out it was being made into a movie. Saw it opening night and the family and I had a great time. We now own the DVD too! I believe there will be another book or more if I'm not mistaken.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List

2014 List:

We're the Millers
    Before and After
    Her
    Django Unchained
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List

1. Dirty Dancing*
    2. Would you rather?
    3. You're Next
    4. The Ghostmaker
    5. Jack the Giant Slayer
    6. This Means War
    7. Peewees Big Adventure*

*rewatch

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Conversation

2014 List

The Fitzgerald Family Christmas
    Berberian Sound Studio
    Lars and the Real Girl *
    Cape Fear *
    The Spiral Staircase
    Warm Bodies
    Sudden Fear

*rewatch

Jean have you seen this one? I think you'd quite enjoy it. It's a little slow at times, but quite entertaining none the less.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List

Journey to the Center of the Earth (1959)
    Lone Survivor
    The Wolf of Wall Street
    One False Move
    Despicable Me 2
    Broken City
    We Are What We Are
    Her
    Promised Land
    In a World...

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List

2014 List:

We're the Millers
    Before and After
    Her
    Django Unchained
    Stir of Echoes
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oh that's a good one. How'd you like it Ricky?

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it. I was really impressed with the first half and thought it was really unsettling in a way that most recent horror films aren't. Then when you figure out that
    Spoiler:
    Kevin Bacon is having those visions/hallucinations because of the girl that was killed in his house, it started feeling a little generic like I had seen it before.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

2014:

American Hustle
    Gravity
    Her (2)

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List

1. Dirty Dancing*
    2. Would you rather?
    3. You're Next
    4. The Ghostmaker
    5. Jack the Giant Slayer
    6. This Means War
    7. Peewee's Big Adventure*
    8. Sinister
    9. Evil Dead (2013)
    *rewatch

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Films:

1. Юрьев День (Кирилл Серебренников)
    2. Бубен, Барабан (Алексей Мизгирев)
    3. Роковая ошибка (Никита Хубов)
    4. 4 luni, 3 saptamini si 2 zile (Cristian Mungiu)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Jean you must watch Her. That movie will both move and fascinate bears!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

2014:

American Hustle
    Gravity
    Her (2)
    Goodfellas (RW)
    Prisoners
    Before Sunrise
    Blue Jasmine

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast