• Team America: World Police (2004)

15 50.00%
  • Duck Soup (1933)

9 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group J

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Comedy Tournament: Round 1 - Group J

For the Round 1 polls, please vote for up to six titles to move on to the next round. You can vote for less, but please make sure you are not voting for more before clicking that Vote button. The poll will be open for one week. The top six titles will be moving on to Round 2.

The Girl Next Door (2004)

Watch Trailer

Happy Gilmore (1996)

Watch Trailer

Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)

Watch Trailer

Four Lions (2010)

Watch Trailer

The Jerk (1979)

Watch Trailer

Life of Brian (1979)

Watch Trailer

Trading Places (1983)

Watch Trailer

It Happened One Night (1934)

Watch Trailer

Team America: World Police (2004)

Watch Trailer

Duck Soup (1933)

Watch Trailer

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Picking Mrs. Doubtfire, Four Lions, Life of Brian, and two of the funniest movies ever made: It Happened One Night and the incomparable Duck Soup.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

If The Jerk does not advance, I will be very dissappointed. It is definitely one of my absolute favorites.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Life of Brian should be in the finals. Only 6 votes!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know there's a lot of clout here, but you guys have got to give Four Lions a chance. I know it doesn't sound funny, but it's wickedly so.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

If Duck Soup, The Jerk, Life of Brian were out front with all most votes and Trading Places, Happy Gilmore, Mrs. Doubtfire competing to catch up, instead of the other way round, then this thing might make sense.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed and you mean I'm gonna stay this color? (at 2:13)

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    If The Jerk does not advance, I will be very dissappointed. It is definitely one of my absolute favorites.
    Edit: Guess I didn't need a spoiler tag for my link! LOL.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I know there's a lot of clout here, but you guys have got to give Four Lions a chance. I know it doesn't sound funny, but it's wickedly so.
    Four Lions is hysterical.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    If Duck Soup, The Jerk, Life of Brian were out front with all most votes and Trading Places, Happy Gilmore, Mrs. Doubtfire competing to catch up, instead of the other way round, then this thing might make sense.
    I'm not sure why Happy Gilmore is in the lead. It's not even the best Adam Sandler movie, not to mention the best of these ten.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

It must be the riveting performance by Bob Barker that is propelling Happy.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm not sure why Happy Gilmore is in the lead. It's not even the best Adam Sandler movie, not to mention the best of these ten.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for Happy Gilmore only because of how hilarious Shooter McGavin is; one of the greatest comedy villains ever lol.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Really? I'd put it as a top 3 Sandler film and probably top 3 in this list as well.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The only Sandler film better than Happy Gilmore is The Wedding Singer. I'm not not sure that even made the list for votes.

Happy Gilmore is a very funny movie!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

You can tell them apart?

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They're nothing alike.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I voted for Happy Gilmore only because of how hilarious Shooter McGavin is; one of the greatest comedy villains ever lol.

I'm thinking about the dream sequence we're Shooter comes in and starts making out with Happy's mom.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

I'm thinking about the dream sequence we're Shooter comes in and starts making out with Happy's mom.
    He's so despicable I fucking love it lol.

He even drinks his wine like a sadistic sob

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

If Sandler movies were literally nothing alike, it wouldn't be a category. I mean, I don't consider every movie he's been in to be part of his typical brand. That was just supposed to be a wisecrack, but I see now it wasn't funny. I was just kidding, anyway. The Wedding Singer is sweet and didn't go lowbrow so much. Even altogether, his comedies are at least still a good deal better than those Rob Schneider movies.

But from a category of movie that's truly hysterical, the best Marx Bros. film is dying in this thread. Pitiful!

Country
    Country Flag

I would've voted for it had The Wedding Singer been nominated. But yes, Team America (terrible movie) over Duck Soup? You gotta be kidding.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Team America (terrible movie) over Duck Soup? You gotta be kidding.
    Terrible puppet movie, no less.

Country
    Country Flag

Need more Duck Soup And looks like Four Lions is not moving on which is a shame. So funny.

Also, It Happened One Night not moving on is a crime

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

This clip is comedic genius of epic proportions.

Rabid Billybumbler Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli is a glorious beacon of light Theli's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Team America was pretty funny, stupid, sure, but still funny. Still didn't get a vote from me though, because Life of Brian stands head and shoulders above the rest.

As if an Adam Sandler flick is winning this poll. He is so irritating and painfully unfunny.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I liked it better when Bugs Bunny did it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
    I liked it better when Bugs Bunny did it.
    "Hare Tonic" (1945)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast