Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 462 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 11535

Thread: The eBay BS Game: Questionable items, Stephen King signatures, sellers

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry, but IMO, if I see this:
    Please be CONSIDERATE when leaving feedback... I am a very reasonable person and am willing to work out any problems or issues you may have, so if you are upset about something please email me first before leaving a negative. I am sure we can work it out together. Thank you.
    In big bold letters before I even get to the description I am running like my hair is on fire. That is just way too shady for me.
    Last edited by Ves'Ka Gan; 11-20-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: typos
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If the person is wiling to "Work things out", I think that is great. I would base my buying decision on other factors in addition to the disclaimer.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Well...remember that sellers can't leave bad feedback anymore, so thry're trying to put that out there right up front...in context, I don't think they're doing anything that sketchy...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    Please be CONSIDERATE when leaving feedback... I am a very reasonable person and am willing to work out any problems or issues you may have, so if you are upset about something please email me first before leaving a negative. I am sure we can work it out together. Thank you.
    In big bold letters before I even get to the description I am running like my hair is on fire. That is just way too shady for me.

This is sorta funny. They might have well as written : "Yeah, expect problems"
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

That's how I read it!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

Banned The Lady of Shadows is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post

This is sorta funny. They might have well as written : "Yeah, expect problems"

see now i see, "okay. i can't fuck you over with feedback anymore so let's try to work this out when i just plain fuck you over. love, your ebay seller."

but then, i'm a natural born cynic. :: shrugs ::

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Haha...I'm not sure you guys want to be buying on ebay at all, if you're going to read that much into it...

i've been buying on ebay successfully for several years. i've only ever left two neutral comments (once the item wasn't as described, once the item was as described but the seller mailed my first edition hardcover in a bubblewrap mailer ). given the overall situation i didn't feel either seller deserved positive feedback but they didn't deserve negative either. although that second seller was such an ass when i emailed about the mailing. . . . but that's a story for another time.

i've not gotten a negative or neutral comment as a buyer (yet). but a lot of my comments don't count because i tend to frequent the same sellers (multiple comments from the same seller don't count) and some of them have left. once a seller is no longer a registered user, their feedback doesn't count (which is unfair imo).

but, i ask ALL of my questions before i even consider bidding. and i mean all. shipping, insurance, overall cost, will they ship it my way, etc. i'm a very persnickety ebayer because i like my feedback rating and i HATE giving negative or even neutral comments.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

As a seller, I tried once to leave NEUTRAL feedback and the damned system wouldn't let me. I did receive the item, but it was not as described. Not so bad that I didn't want the item, but bad enough I wouldn't have paid as much as I did. The seller did not respond to any of my emails, but I couldn't leave anything but positive feedback. I wrote to ebay, got no response. So I left positive feedback and wrote "Can't leave bad feedback I want to, was lied to" or something similar that fit in the area.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    As a seller, I tried once to leave NEUTRAL feedback and the damned system wouldn't let me. I did receive the item, but it was not as described. Not so bad that I didn't want the item, but bad enough I wouldn't have paid as much as I did. The seller did not respond to any of my emails, but I couldn't leave anything but positive feedback. I wrote to ebay, got no response. So I left positive feedback and wrote "Can't leave bad feedback I want to, was lied to" or something similar that fit in the area.

you were the seller or the buyer?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry, I was the buyer. My mistake, please forgive. Yesterday was a bad day for me.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Ouch

reported all of these:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/cecman2003

The sad part is bidders are buying them even though the seller places a disclaimer in the descriptions. Their winning bidders must really know their Stephen King signatures.

One bidder invested about $3000

They've been at it for a bit and is making pretty good $$$$ per his feedback and the end prices.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've reported this guy numerous times for fake sigs, but eBay just doesn't listen.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    I've reported this guy numerous times for fake sigs, but eBay just doesn't listen.
    Same here.

His story is as fake as the signatures.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mulleins View Post
    Same here.

His story is as fake as the signatures.

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA
    Agreed - if you look at his feedback you'll see that the "signed" "1st" of the shining he is selling right now is his third.

I'm sorry, but I don't think even Bob has three signed 1sts of the Shining, so this schmuck sure as hell doesn't!

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default What happened to Renaissance

The following ID history explains fire-horse-books and their forgeries.
    It's the big time forger from fall 2007 Renaissance Auctions

eBay Member User ID History
    The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.
    User ID Effective Date End Date
    fire-horse-books Jun-01-08 Present
    renaissance_auctions Mar-27-07 Jun-01-08
    nikawanderer1971 Feb-24-07 Mar-27-07

Updated text from www.skfakes old list :

renaissance_auctions their alias wanderingwriter1966 and new ID in 2008 fire-horse-books noticeably started selling King forgeries in Oct. 2007. ( nearly $4,000 worth of junk in the first month and still going strong ) Mostly selling forged 1st BCE . What the heck is a 1st BCE and how do you identify it as such? Of course the seller falsely claims these were actually printed the same year as the true firsts. As for BCEs, they are stateless It's not possible to distinguish between one printed five years ago and one printed fifteen years ago. We just a little comparison we presume their signed books from other authors are also forgeries.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very interesting, Hutch! I didn't know you could pull up the id history. I'll have to do some experimenting.

John

Vagrant Dead pickle is on a distinguished road pickle's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    reported all of these:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/cecman2003

The sad part is bidders are buying them even though the seller places a disclaimer in the descriptions. Their winning bidders must really know their Stephen King signatures.

One bidder invested about $3000

They've been at it for a bit and is making pretty good $$$$ per his feedback and the end prices.
    That is rediculus, some people have absolutly no shame at all.

It must take a lot of Horlicks (malt drink) to get them to sleep.

What makes it even more silly is that one of his biggest buyers is a shop called "vjbooks" with alot of feedback points, makes you wonder if they know there fakes or not.
    ... From the keyboard of Kevin

"A gunslinger knows pride - that invisible bone that keeps the neck stiff."

"Officer Benzyck! It's good to see you and there's some jam right there on your collar, praise God!"- Rev. Earl Harrigan

I swear I wonder how many of these deals actually get consummated...

I could see selling scam items for lowball prices...but some of these auctions end for prices well above market value...so somebody's overpaying, plus not knowing what they're buying?

VJBooks are what I'm talking about...do they generate fake sales to create enthusiasm and a reputation where none exist? It just doesn't ring true to me.

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Rahfa View Post
    I swear I wonder how many of these deals actually get consummated...

I could see selling scam items for lowball prices...but some of these auctions end for prices well above market value...so somebody's overpaying, plus not knowing what they're buying?

VJBooks are what I'm talking about...do they generate fake sales to create enthusiasm and a reputation where none exist? It just doesn't ring true to me.
    Well if they are knowledgeably selling fakes, would you be surprised if they were also involved in shill bidding?

Haha...I think shill bidding is a given...

I just wonder if they are completing sales to create this atmosphere of a good market, even though no sales are actually being completed? As in, you have three or four shills get involved with a sale (and if the same completes, great), but mostly it's to earn feedback and show sales as 'completed' so people get fooled.

But, that makes NO sense because of the money involved...so I'm probably wrong...

I dunno...just fishy all the way around...bad signatures, weird sales, off-market final prices...strange...

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe the guy is both VJ Books AND cecman2003 - just has 2 accounts.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Maybe the guy is both VJ Books AND cecman2003 - just has 2 accounts.
    Even still, if you bid and win you still got to pay final value fees, shill bidding or not...obviously ebay would notice if they kept cancelling auctions to avoid final value fees...

I guess I want to believe they aren't making the sales, but they probably are...oh well...

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 462 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 150 ... LastLast