Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 96 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mae,

Can you post links to read these damning tweets from, Gunn? Would be nice to have the info and form a educated opinion. Thx in advance.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Mae,

Can you post links to read these damning tweets from, Gunn? Would be nice to have the info and form a educated opinion. Thx in advance.
    They're floating around out there. Here's one article with them: https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/20/1...mike-cernovich

Also: https://www.houstonpress.com/arts/sh...ector-10682469

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Had a great time at Boston Comic Con with the family this weekend. Got to get a photo op with her, and later got to meet and talk to her for a few minutes about her children's book series. Beautifully gracious person in every way.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Mae,

They're floating around out there. Here's one article with them: https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/20/1...mike-cernovich

Also: https://www.houstonpress.com/arts/sh...ector-10682469

I gotta say, Mae (hey, that rhymed!!! lol) those jokes relating to pedophilia were at best in bad taste and not something that should be shared in any public forum. At worst, a few of them alluded to him actually being a pedophile which, I'm sure he isn't, but how could he make those "Jokes" in a public forum even if he was in his early twenties. really, really stupid IMHO. Also, regardless of the fact that the shithead who brought them back from the past is in fact a known shithead, Disney is like the last company that could be seen tolerating such poor humor and judgement.

I like a good joke and can be as much of a smart ass as the next guy, but you gotta employ a little intelligence, young or not, when you'e going to make you career in such a high profile business. I gotta say that unless, Gunn followed up his apologies for such poor taste in jokes by making a substantial donation to a children's hospital or an ongoing public commitment to pevention of child abuse I'd seriously have to question the casts' support for the guy.

A lot of those "Joke's" seemed to me to be in really, really bad taste. IDK, maybe I'm too old fashioned? What do you think, my friend? I mean in the face of those tweets being made public again how could how could a company like, Disney do anything but denounce and fire the guy and distance themselves from him as much as possible?

FWIW though what constitutes absolutely "offensive" and what does not seems awful arbitrary these days though doesn't it? I mean it certainly seems like we have, as a society. become dependent on who can yell the loudest, right?

Interesting to see how this whole thing eventually plays out though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

I agree and I don't think anyone is in any way defending his tweets. Gunn himself apologized for them multiple times. Why they were never deleted a decade ago (or indeed posted in the first place) is a mystery to me.

I do not see Marvel hiring him back. Like it was stated in one of the videos I posted, for Disney there's no walking back the comments that were made about severing the business relationship. So we move on.

In that spirit, if you picked up your blu-ray or digital copy of Infinity War, this is for you:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for that, Mae. I purchased the online version offered as a "Buy it Now" by Directv. For whatever reason I had a devil of a time finding a reasonably priced Blu=Ray DVD on Amazon. All the ones I could find were going for like $50-60 which seemed really high. I ended up getting it for like $25-30 from an Amazon 3rd party and it won't be delivered until the end of the month. lol

Mae? My old, crusty ass needs to hire someone like yourself as a "Purchasing Consultant"!!!! lol lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Mae? My old, crusty ass needs to hire someone like yourself as a "Purchasing Consultant"!!!! lol lol lol
    For whatever reason the blu-ray is not yet added to Amazon. Should be soon. It's up in other places, like Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/avenger...?skuId=6234447

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/...ectors-edition
    Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War comes to Blu-ray and 4K UHD Blu-ray tomorrow, August 14, and there's a host of different versions to choose from. Whether you're a collector, movie buff, or just want the clearest possible resolution, there's an Avengers: Infinity War Blu-ray to suit your needs.

We've broken them down by version and retailer, to help you nail down the perfect viewing experience for your Infinity War needs.

Want to watch it right now? You can buy Avengers: Infinity War digitally on Amazon in standard and special editions. Both versions are the same price, and I recommend getting the one with the bonus features included.

Here are the special features Marvel revealed are included with Avengers: Infinity War on Blu-ray and 4K UHD Blu-ray:

Strange Alchemy
    The Mad Titan
    Beyond the Battle: Titan
    Beyond the Battle: Wakanda
    Deleted and Extended Scenes
    Gag Reel
    Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely

Note: since the Infinity War Blu-ray release details were only just announced, Amazon doesn't have pages for preorders. When that changes, we'll update this story.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    For whatever reason the blu-ray is not yet added to Amazon. Should be soon. It's up in other places, like Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/avenger...?skuId=6234447

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/08/...ectors-edition
    Marvel's Avengers: Infinity War comes to Blu-ray and 4K UHD Blu-ray tomorrow, August 14, and there's a host of different versions to choose from. Whether you're a collector, movie buff, or just want the clearest possible resolution, there's an Avengers: Infinity War Blu-ray to suit your needs.

We've broken them down by version and retailer, to help you nail down the perfect viewing experience for your Infinity War needs.

Want to watch it right now? You can buy Avengers: Infinity War digitally on Amazon in standard and special editions. Both versions are the same price, and I recommend getting the one with the bonus features included.

Here are the special features Marvel revealed are included with Avengers: Infinity War on Blu-ray and 4K UHD Blu-ray:

Strange Alchemy
    The Mad Titan
    Beyond the Battle: Titan
    Beyond the Battle: Wakanda
    Deleted and Extended Scenes
    Gag Reel
    Audio Commentary (approx. 149 min.) by Anthony and Joe Russo, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely

Note: since the Infinity War Blu-ray release details were only just announced, Amazon doesn't have pages for preorders. When that changes, we'll update this story.
    My Lord, Mae!!!! Be careful!!! I may have to hunt you down, kidnap you and lock you in a closet for future DVD purchasing needs!!!! LOL LOL

Many thanks!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I coulda sworn on my life that the Avengers blu-ray was out last week - I was hunting for it like crazy all over Walmart.

Telling me I gotta wait until next month

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I coulda sworn on my life that the Avengers blu-ray was out last week - I was hunting for it like crazy all over Walmart.

Telling me I gotta wait until next month
    It's out today. I'm gonna stop by Wal-Mart after work and pick it up.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, its a done deal over at Disney............................................ .............

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/80678

I gotta say I don't agree with the articles author. I don't think its about the Alt-right so much as it is about the mindset of a guy who could make such so called "jokes" and such. I'm sorry, and I suppose I will be chastised, but in my mind this, Gunn was/is a sick fuck and no apologies in public can wipe out or rehabilitate his character. Seems like the attitude in this writers opinion is that "I'm sorry" and two good superhero flicks makes everything alright. I don't fucking think so.

This is not to say that I condone the tactics or motivations of the Alt-Right or their "Hit Man" this Cernovich asshole. The whole thing is a real mess and Disney is right to put as much distance as it can between it and them IMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There's no excuse for anyone to be at all surprised that Disney (the ultimate in kid-friendly entertainment) wouldn't want to be associated with anyone who had ever said (tweeted) things relating to pedophilia.

This does not mean Gunn is a bad person or actually broke any laws, of course.

Whether, and to what extent, Gunn is actually a sick fuck, was never the problem - the fact that he sure as hell looks like one is, and he/we/you can't blame that on Cernovich (Gunn picked his poison every time he tweeted).

(Many here will probably assume that I support Cernovich, but I'm not familiar with his positions or statements on anything beyond hearing others describe him as "alt-right"; I learned about Gunn through other sources).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Mostly my point regarding Gunn and Disney is that for a company that made "Song of the South" to condem Gunn over something that A. wasn't illegal, B. he apologized for, and C. was public knowledge prior to Disney ever hiring him is incredibly hypocritical. Let's be real here depending on contracts this could end Guardians as we know it, as large portions of the cast could choose to stick by Gunn and not return for another Guardians.

My problem with Cernovich is that he didn't bring this stuff to light for noble reasons, he brought this stuff to light to bring down a liberal public figure who has been outspoken about our current administration. There was nothing altruistic about his motivations.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    There's no excuse for anyone to be at all surprised that Disney (the ultimate in kid-friendly entertainment) wouldn't want to be associated with anyone who had ever said (tweeted) things relating to pedophilia.
    This. I don't know why he's insisting on making this about 'Trump's America'.

Disney prides itself on being the go-to for family fun-time at the movies. Is it really surprising that they'd (ahem) pull the trigger on the firing of Gunn?

I'm sure they knew about this before hand - but once his dirty laundry was thrown into the public spotlight they did what any large corporation would do, protect the brand.

Country
    Country Flag

No one else liked Marvel Rising? There will be a movie later, too. I thought it was really good, fun, and cute.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    ...for a company that made "Song of the South" to condem Gunn...is incredibly hypocritical.
    Nothing could possibly be less relevant than Song of the South (or anything else anyone in the world did in 1946). The unpopularity of pedophilia here and now is relevant. Disney can only concern itself with money it has yet to make (and no one has a time machine).

...this could end Guardians as we know it, as large portions of the cast could choose to stick by Gunn and not return for another Guardians.
    No chance; too much money involved. They'll be made.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...protect the brand.
    So much activity of public companies boils down to this one phrase.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

...protect the brand.
    So much activity of public companies boils down to this one phrase.
    My company does. And why wouldn't it one could ask. My wife and employ 29 people... if we didn't protect it... they would be out of a job and we would lose our business. I do not blame Disney for their final choice on this matter.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

My problem with Cernovich...
    Cernovich, despite his role in publicizing the tweets, really isn't very relevant to what went on; Gunn did this to himself.

My problem with Cernovich is that he didn't bring this stuff to light for noble reasons...There was nothing altruistic about his motivations.
    Get used to this if you're not already - the world is full of people who do the right thing (or the wrong thing, depending on your perspective) for entirely amoral or Machiavellian reasons. This is another thing that should surprise no one (displease, sure, but not surprise).

...to bring down a liberal public figure who has been outspoken about our current administration.
    Don't worry; there are still about 10,000 such people left, you won't run out.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

...for a company that made "Song of the South" to condem Gunn...is incredibly hypocritical.
    Nothing could possibly be less relevant than Song of the South (or anything else anyone in the world did in 1946). The unpopularity of pedophilia here and now is relevant. Disney can only concern itself with money it has yet to make (and no one has a time machine).

...this could end Guardians as we know it, as large portions of the cast could choose to stick by Gunn and not return for another Guardians.
    I understand that, but at the same time that doesn't make it less hypocritical. There will be more Guardians, but how many of the cast will stick to their guns? And given what happened to pretty much all of the Guardians in Infinity War who's to say they'll all come back. Also Guardians has been a singular vision from the start, it's not gonna be the same. Then again I was pretty disappointed by Guardians 2, so maybe it'll be better. They should give it to the guy who directed Thor Ragnarok.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I understand that, but at the same time that doesn't make it less hypocritical. There will be more Guardians, but how many of the cast will stick to their guns? And given what happened to pretty much all of the Guardians in Infinity War who's to say they'll all come back. Also Guardians has been a singular vision from the start, it's not gonna be the same. Then again I was pretty disappointed by Guardians 2, so maybe it'll be better. They should give it to the guy who directed Thor Ragnarok.
    Guardians 2 was trash.... I am ok with someone fixing that mess.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nothing could possibly be less relevant than Song of the South (or anything else anyone in the world did in 1946).
    I understand that, but at the same time that doesn't make it less hypocritical.
    Your sentence contradicts itself - if you understand my point, you're agreeing that there's no hypocrisy.

Setting that aside:

Given that Disney is currently run by different people than when SOOS was made, hypocrisy isn't even possible; different minds (not bound to previous iterations of Disney management) are making decisions now. Saying this is hypocritical would be like saying President Obama was hypocritical for not continuing a policy set in place by GWB, because both were American presidents, when obviously it would not be (Obama, like present Disney management, would have been interested in doing what was best according to his own judgment, which is what he was put there for).

But if somehow that were still hypocritical of Disney, are you suggesting that Disney, in order to avoid hypocrisy through consistency, should not only continue to employ someone with the stench of pedophilia jokes but make more racist cartoons along the lines of SOOS? I know you're not saying that - so what should they do? Ignore their present responsibilities to protect their brand, maximize profits, protect shareholders, in the interest of - what, exactly?

Simply: they took the safest, most responsible course currently available.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There will be more Guardians, but how many of the cast will stick to their guns? And given what happened to pretty much all of the Guardians in Infinity War who's to say they'll all come back. Also Guardians has been a singular vision from the start, it's not gonna be the same. Then again I was pretty disappointed by Guardians 2, so maybe it'll be better. They should give it to the guy who directed Thor Ragnarok.

My understanding from the comics is that the GotG group took on many forms and individuals over the years. Seems to me that more than anything else in the MCU these cast members can be easily replaced with some less Pedophilia friendly actors. lol lol

BTW, is any of you folks haven't already tou should go and read some of the crap this guy "Tweeted". Really, really bad form and taste at the least. Some of it might even give you the impression that, Gunn himself is half a pedophile IMHO.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 96 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast