Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Christine Blu-Ray Limited Edition Pre-sale

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can't wait to get home from Vegas and watch it - unless ari finds my house and convinces our dog sitter to give him my copy (but I don't think that's an actual contest yet).

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am crossing my finger they will be the ones to release "IT" on Blu-ray.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Coulrophobia View Post
    Why? Wouldn't it be better for it to come out mass-market, so that people can actually buy it without having to do so within a window of a few hours?

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Burnette View Post
    Why? Wouldn't it be better for it to come out mass-market, so that people can actually buy it without having to do so within a window of a few hours?
    Problem is unless a new movie comes out to generate a certain buzz this type of limited release is the only shot "IT" has. Unless one of the actors does some crazy thing to warrant interest where WB might consider a re-release.

Gunslinger Apprentice Bryant Burnette will become famous soon enough Bryant Burnette's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I don't think that's necessarily true. That's a very popular movie; or at least a well-known one. I imagine Warner Bros. might be holding off for the 25th anniversary in 2015.

In related news: Jesus Christ, that movie aired nearly twenty-five years ago?!? Ugh...

Country
    Country Flag

For the record, I certainly agree that having it come out as a limited-edition Blu-ray would be preferable to it not being on Blu-ray at all. And if it happens, I'll try to buy it!
    Last edited by Bryant Burnette; 03-09-2013 at 06:37 PM. Reason: typo

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It has been re-issued (Different packaging) a few times so there is hope. It would be amazing to see in HD, and have the speakers turned up high to take advantage of that Emmy winning Bellis score.

Country
    Country Flag

I'd be more excited about that idea if I didn't think it was kind of a lousy movie. But still, I hope it happens; I like it enough that I would definitely upgrade.

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be more excited about that idea if I didn't think it was kind of a lousy movie. But still, I hope it happens; I like it enough that I would definitely upgrade.
    LoL Yes it was not a great movie, but boy did it effect so many kids long after it aired. It is funny reading all the comments on Facebook sites, and YouTube. My own son back when the VHS was released tossed out my first copy (I dug it out of the trash.). He hated the movie, and to this day when I watch it he will not watch it with me. I think even the remake if it is made into a 2 Part theatrical release will have its major critics.

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, no doubt; that movie wrecked millions of kids for life. Gotta love that!

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

There's a decent article in Horrorhound this month on Christine, always a good read.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=Coulrophobia;761746]

Unless one of the actors does some crazy thing to warrant interest where WB might consider a re-release.

Lol,
    right. like Tim Curry agreeing to do a sequel to Annie and using the complete original cast

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=sgc1999;762177]

Unless one of the actors does some crazy thing to warrant interest where WB might consider a re-release.
    Lol,
    right. like Tim Curry agreeing to do a sequel to Annie and using the complete original cast
    LoL while in full Rocky Horror drag.

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I think we are on to something

Country
    Country Flag

Might have to pick up a copy of that Horror Hound issue. Thanks for mentioning it!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Even though I have one coming, I couldn't resist bidding $1:
    John Carpenter's Christine (1983) Bluray - SOLD OUT!!!! Stephen King Classic!

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That might be a trap from Merlin. Tread lightly 1%.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That one got up to $100 pretty quickly. I guess I should have had my dad buy 2 more copies

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    That one got up to $100 pretty quickly. I guess I should have had my dad buy 2 more copies
    Amazing... The part that is really incredible, it is not even really being publicized in the main stream media. It just shows you how much social media is a part of a lot of peoples lives now.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It looks like two bidders (not me, I was out at $1) are having it out over this one.

Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I feel like the people who buy extra copies of these things with the express purpose of flipping them are scumbag pieces of shit. No offense.

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Personally, I feel like the people who buy extra copies of these things with the express purpose of flipping them are scumbag pieces of shit. No offense.
    Really? So that I understand your "scumbag piece of shit" comment, let me ask you this:

I have multiple copies of books I've picked up over the past, if I sell one, and God forbid I make a profit off it to support my nasty habit of buying books and artwork, I am a, as you put it, "scumbag piece of shit".

If I am understanding you correctly, offense taken.

In closing, if I ever see you sell an item on these boards I will protest your membership.

Sincerely,

Ralph A. Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Really? So that I understand your "scumbag piece of shit" comment, let me ask you this:

I have multiple copies of books I've picked up over the past, if I sell one, and God forbid I make a profit off it to support my nasty habit of buying books and artwork, I am a, as you put it, "scumbag piece of shit".

If I am understanding you correctly, offense taken.

In closing, if I ever see you sell an item on these boards I will protest your membership.

Sincerely,

Ralph A. Mulleins
    I was referring to limited-edition releases that sell out in a matter of hours, mostly -- it seems -- to people who scoop up multiple copies with the express purpose of selling them at massively inflated prices to the people who were not lucky enough to get one before they were gone.

If you fit that bill, then yes, you are indeed a scumbag piece of shit. But it doesn't sound like that's what you're talking about, so I suspect I'm not talking about you.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I thought free enterprise was the bedrock of American society.

Country
    Country Flag

I love that movie! One of William Shatner's best performances.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast