Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 1717

Thread: Winter Is Coming...The Game of Thrones Thread *spoilers*

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Personally I think they dumbed the show down as it got more popular. Focusing more on love stories than world building and story telling. I can’t tell you how many people at work talked about the show and had no fucking clue about any of the lore, the larger implications of actions, or concern for story telling . “Omg did you see the dragon lady burn stuff? Like omg she needs to burn that bitch down!” That’s an actual quote from someone that is in my office. Not to mention the same shit happened with the Hobbit and the fucking dumb love story crap in those movies.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Finally was able to watch the finale last night. I'm not really disappointed in any of the events that happened this finale season (my main exceptions would be the fall of the Night King and Cersei and Jamie's death) however I really do feel like they needed more time to really flesh everything out. It was just too quick and rushed feeling. I've enjoyed every season up to this one, and I plan to go back and rewatch them. But there's no denying this last season was a hot mess, and I can understand why a lot of people are annoyed or upset. Thinking about it I actually really like the idea of Dany turning mad, and the outcomes for the Stark children, but it just wasn't really executed well in my opinion.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

One problem I had with the finale was the taking of Jon Snow as a prisoner by the unsullied and dothraki forces. It does not show how they found out about Dany's execution so let's assume Jon confesses. Those forces would have executed him on the spot for killing their beloved Queen. I doubt they would have sat and waited for all the Westeros power players to show up and adjudicate the situation.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed the finale in the sense that it was less train wrecky than the other episodes this season. This is the best ending we could have gotten with the way this season had panned out, for better or for worse.

Look, I still hold this show in very high regard. It'll be one of my all time favorites. It's just such a shame that the back half of the season didn't fulfill the promise of the first (the GRRM half). For whatever reason, HBO/D&B decided to trim the amount of episodes, eliminating valuable real estate that these seemingly out-of-left-field character motivations needed to breath. The sensation that they were repeatedly fitting square pegs into round holes in an effort to sprint to the finish line was overbearing.

I have no doubt many of the characters will end up in roughly the same place once the books are published, the difference will be that the novels will do an infinitely better job of fleshing out their motivations and give us deeper insight into their thought processes to better understand why they'll do what they do.

For now, I'll take the memories of the show with me - the highs and the lows - and hope out for Martin's texts to give us a deeper understanding of it all.

It's been a great ride, road bumps and all.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I enjoyed the finale in the sense that it was less train wrecky than the other episodes this season. This is the best ending we could have gotten with the way this season had panned out, for better or for worse.

Look, I still hold this show in very high regard. It'll be one of my all time favorites. It's just such a shame that the back half of the season didn't fulfill the promise of the first (the GRRM half). For whatever reason, HBO/D&B decided to trim the amount of episodes, eliminating valuable real estate that these seemingly out-of-left-field character motivations needed to breath. The sensation that they were repeatedly fitting square pegs into round holes in an effort to sprint to the finish line was overbearing.

I have no doubt many of the characters will end up in roughly the same place once the books are published, the difference will be that the novels will do an infinitely better job of fleshing out their motivations and give us deeper insight into their thought processes to better understand why they'll do what they do.

For now, I'll take the memories of the show with me - the highs and the lows - and hope out for Martin's texts to give us a deeper understanding of it all.

I have to disagree on one point... the characters will end up in a VERY different place than on the show.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very well stated!!! I guess I would have to agree with everything you said. It wasn't the best in the end, but it wasn't exactly the worst either. FWIW, I think the episode count was a result of money and therefore the fault of AT$T. I've noticed that AT$T appears to be managing entertainment content across their current platforms very poorly. Fact is they really have no business, as currently constituted, being in this business. They eliminated a substantial portion of the fine Directv staff and have no idea how to manage HBO either. Unfortunately GoT is a recent and obvious victim of this lack of management capability and fore-sight on the part of the AT$T corporate structure. JMHO of course.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

HBO did not shorten the seasons Douche&Douche did.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

With the lone exception of the impossible to see in the darkness battle, I thoroughly enjoyed this season. Was it my favorite season? No. Would I have liked it to go on longer? Sure, but that decision is out of my hands. All I'm left with is measuring its entertainment value, which remains very high, and it will remain one of my favorite shows of all time.

The writers did not let me down, well maybe Martin did by writing so damn slow. They took to me a place where I get to imagine what life will be like for my favorite characters. The finale was particularly satisfying to me, especially the fate of Tyrion and the Stark clan. I love the thought of Sansa ruling the north (she certainly earned it through her brutal journey), and of Arya seeking adventure on the high seas (I wish Sandor was with her), but best of all is that of Jon Snow heading off to be one of the Free Folk (such irony): it may sound corny, but I imagine him finding love and a family with those he was meant to me with.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

From GRRM's blog:

"And I’m writing. Winter is coming, I told you, long ago… and so it is. THE WINDS OF WINTER is very late, I know, I know, but it will be done. I won’t say when, I’ve tried that before, only to burn you all and jinx myself… but I will finish it, and then will come A DREAM OF SPRING.

How will it all end? I hear people asking. The same ending as the show? Different?

Well… yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.

I am working in a very different medium than David and Dan, never forget. They had six hours for this final season. I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done… and if more pages and chapters and scenes are needed, I’ll add them. And of course the butterfly effect will be at work as well; those of you who follow this Not A Blog will know that I’ve been talking about that since season one. There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books… so if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet. And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…

Book or show, which will be the “real” ending? It’s a silly question. How many children did Scarlett O’Hara have?

How about this? I’ll write it. You read it. Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet."
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Personally I think they dumbed the show down as it got more popular. Focusing more on love stories than world building and story telling. I can’t tell you how many people at work talked about the show and had no fucking clue about any of the lore, the larger implications of actions, or concern for story telling . “Omg did you see the dragon lady burn stuff? Like omg she needs to burn that bitch down!” That’s an actual quote from someone that is in my office. Not to mention the same shit happened with the Hobbit and the fucking dumb love story crap in those movies.
    I believe it. Honestly, mainstream audiences are the worst. Put down your phone and actually watch the fucking show.

As for the short run, I'm sure HBO wanted more episodes. Hell, they probably wanted a whole other season. I'm shocked they weren't able to persuade the creators. Should have thrown more money at them.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

She had three kids. By three different men. Know how I know George? Cause I read the friggin' BOOK.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just rewatched the finale. It was better on the second view and I didn't think it was terrible the first time. Really up until the "kingsmoot" it was great. I understand the disappointment with Bran becoming king but who would have made sense? Not sure anyone. Maybe they should have just separated.

What is most disappointing to me is how crazy some people get with their hate towards shows. I used to enjoy reading other people's thoughts about each episode. Now it's almost painful. I wonder how many shows have had endings that actually satisfied most people. I am having a hard time thinking of any (that I have watched.)

On a lighter note, Reign of Fire was on HBO before the show tonight. It's funny to compare how far dragon CGI has come.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

For whatever reason, HBO/D&B decided to trim the amount of episodes
    The reason is very apparent. D&D were bought out by Disney. HBO wanted 10 episodes. D&D jumped ship in reaction to the strong arm of the Mouse and the loot that came with it. They literally Sold out
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

HBO did not shorten the seasons Douche&Douche did.
    with the help of Mickey

*cue Imperial Death March*
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    The reason is very apparent. D&D were bought out by Disney. HBO wanted 10 episodes. D&D jumped ship in reaction to the strong arm of the Mouse and the loot that came with it. They literally Sold out
    Damn, I think you're right. Fuck that's depressing.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Damn, I think you're right. Fuck that's depressing.
    I said that weeks ago. I seen this coming.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wouldn't Disney want them to succeed at this so more people are excited to see their vision for Star Wars. Seems rushing them would damage your own franchise. No, I think whether you are upset or happy it just falls on D&D. They have been saying for a long time they wanted seven seasons. HBO talked them into eight.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.giz...1834953464/amp

It seems like winter is finally coming in August 2020. The article also has links to three other separate times Martin made that claim.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like he is getting incarcerated in New Zealand
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Some people hate every bit and piece of the last season. Some people say they don't have any issues with the outcome but they do not like "how" things get there. I think these could have all been forgiven. But... The inconsistencies!

S08E06

Maybe I am the one who is dumb.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Melike View Post
    Some people hate every bit and piece of the last season. Some people say they don't have any issues with the outcome but they do not like "how" things get there. I think these could have all been forgiven. But... The inconsistencies!

S08E06

Maybe I am the one who is dumb.
    Who gave Greyworm all that power? There are people way more powerful than him making decisions. If he doesn't comply. He dies. He had no choice but to imprison Jon and let Tyrion talk.

Of course Jon confessed. That's such a Jon Snow/Ned Stark thing to do. Jon had to go to the NW. His presence alone would insight a war. The Dothraki and Unsullied followed Dany to the very ends of the world. They would not stand for him being king. I said in an earlier post that it's unlikely they wouldn't have started a war right there.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Perhaps Jon wanted to "kill" the fire-y Targaryen part of his being by trekking to the coldest place possible (almost an embrace of his exile). I really don't think he would have been taken prisoner though. I think he would have been killed instantly.

And for a show that was relatively realistic and thoughtful at times in the way it dealt with disabled folks, I really cringed when Tyrion branded Bran as "Bran the Broken". I still hate that line.

I really didn't hate this season as much as some although it's definitely not the best. One review I read made me laugh for a good spell. Goes like this"....season 8 is like what would have happened if Beethoven ended his 9th symphony with Yoko Ono screaming..."

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    And for a show that was relatively realistic and thoughtful at times in the way it dealt with disabled folks, I really cringed when Tyrion branded Bran as "Bran the Broken". I still hate that line.
    One of the first episodes in S1 was literally titled “Cripples, Bastards, and Broken Things”
    Tyrion gives a special saddle to Bran so he can remain mobile and says to him “I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples and bastards and broken things.”

Also heard that the kid who played Bran said that there were only 3 things Martin told the D’s must be in the show: Shireen getting burned at the stake, Hodors back story, and Bran on the throne. Curious if George or the Ds will confirm/deny this

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Perhaps Jon wanted to "kill" the fire-y Targaryen part of his being by trekking to the coldest place possible (almost an embrace of his exile). I really don't think he would have been taken prisoner though. I think he would have been killed instantly.

I really didn't hate this season as much as some although it's definitely not the best. One review I read made me laugh for a good spell. Goes like this"....season 8 is like what would have happened if Beethoven ended his 9th symphony with Yoko Ono screaming..."
    LOL, the Yoko Ono thing is sooooo funny
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My comment was made to address the name’s genesis, not your moral compass. A thousand pardons for the confusion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast